Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitino jurors see TV interview with Sypher
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100...-interview

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Jurors in the extortion trial of Karen Cunagin Sypher on Tuesday watched an interview she gave to a local TV station describing an alleged sexual assault by University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino

Federal prosecutors say Sypher made the allegation in April 2009 in retaliation for Pitino contacting the FBI about threatening phone calls he received in February 2009.

The interview with WDRB-TV was never broadcast and was seen publicly for the first time in Sypher’s federal trial on charges of extortion, lying to the FBI and retaliating against a witness.

Sypher said Pitino assaulted her in July 2003 after closing time at Porcini, an Italian restaurant in Louisville.

“It didn’t last long. It seemed like hours for me,” said Sypher, appearing to cry, although no tears were visible on the video. “All he said was shut up, shut up and be quiet.”

In July 2009, Sypher filed a police report accusing Pitino of rape. Police and prosecutors dismissed the complaint as lacking evidence.
Wow.. Sounds pretty pathetic to me.. In Pitino's defense, sounds like she's just wanting some $$$$.. I don't think it happened, the way she described it doesn't sound like something a guy of his stature would do.
^ I agree with you 100%
I'm going to say that this case is going to get thrown out or she is gonna get to spend some time in the pokey.
Ballers Wrote:Wow.. Sounds pretty pathetic to me.. In Pitino's defense, sounds like she's just wanting some $$$$.. I don't think it happened, the way she described it doesn't sound like something a guy of his stature would do.

I think something definitely happened...
but not this crap that she is claiming.

He probably had consensual sex with her, she cried rape, and then tried to blackmail him.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think something definitely happened...
but not this crap that she is claiming.

He probably had consensual sex with her, she cried rape, and then tried to blackmail him.

I could agree with the consensual part.
Ballers Wrote:I could agree with the consensual part.

:Thumbs:
I think pitino has sex with sypher! I don't like it but I think that's the truth. I don't think he raped her or anything of that nature though! Yes I am a ville fan and a die hard pitino fan$ I'm not taking up for him! I think his story of her unzipping his pants is more likely to be the truth than him raping her! Karen sypher is just a ****** wanting money. Pitino owned up to having sex with her and I just don't see him raping her though. Pitino is still a great coach ( my favorite) but I hate that he had to do such actions. However if the truth be known most coaches probably have done this!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:I think pitino has sex with sypher! I don't like it but I think that's the truth. I don't think he raped her or anything of that nature though! Yes I am a ville fan and a die hard pitino fan$ I'm not taking up for him! I think his story of her unzipping his pants is more likely to be the truth than him raping her! Karen sypher is just a ****** wanting money. Pitino owned up to having sex with her and I just don't see him raping her though. Pitino is still a great coach ( my favorite) but I hate that he had to do such actions. However if the truth be known most coaches probably have done this!

He should call up Kobe and talk to him about it because this is the same story, different celebrity.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100...-extortion

The Louisville coach’s testimony marked the first time he’s talked publicly in detail about his July 2003 encounter with Karen Cunagin Sypher, the meeting that led to her trial this week on extortion charges. Pitino’s portrayal of Sypher as the aggressor came after several witnesses said she was flirty and persistent when she approached Pitino at the restaurant.

Pitino obliged her request to say happy birthday to her son on her cell phone. When she returned later, Pitino said, he bought her a drink. They lingered to talk after the restaurant had closed and the owner had gone home.

As he got up from the table, the married father of five said Sypher whispered something.

“Some unfortunate things happened,” Pitino said in the courtroom packed with spectators from basketball-mad Kentucky. “She opened up my pants.”

“Did you have sex that night?” Assistant U.S. Attorney Marisa Ford asked.

“Yes, very briefly,” Pitino answered. The two have said they had sex at the table.

Sypher, 50, was sitting a few feet away but appeared unfazed by Pitino’s testimony, sometimes watching him, sometimes passing notes to her attorney, James Earhart.

Sypher is charged with extortion, asking for cash, cars and a house to stay quiet about the sexual liaison. She has pleaded not guilty, claiming Pitino sexually assaulted her. Police and prosecutors have said her assault claim lacked merit.
theVILLE Wrote:I think pitino has sex with sypher! I don't like it but I think that's the truth. I don't think he raped her or anything of that nature though! Yes I am a ville fan and a die hard pitino fan$ I'm not taking up for him! I think his story of her unzipping his pants is more likely to be the truth than him raping her! Karen sypher is just a ****** wanting money. Pitino owned up to having sex with her and I just don't see him raping her though. Pitino is still a great coach ( my favorite) but I hate that he had to do such actions. However if the truth be known most coaches probably have done this!

:Thumbs: I would say you hit the nail on the head with that brother! They just haven't been caught.
Captain Backdoor Wrote::Thumbs: I would say you hit the nail on the head with that brother! They just haven't been caught.
And they dont have to rape to get what they want! Pitino just messed with the wrong one. She is just a ***** wanting money. I dont like coach P as much for doing this, but its nothing that 90% of coaches hasnt done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"