Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the favorite in the 9th region?
Newport won the region last year after "upsetting" Holmes in the final. Both teams have new head coaches and lost some very good ball players. We're getting close to the new season so will Newport repeat, will Holmes take back the region, or will it be someone new?
no i highly doubt that newport will repeat. They lost like seven seniors last year. The only player that got any playing time at all last year thats still there is Travis Jones. I think Holmes will win the ninth
The 9th will be wide open for the taken. Going into the season I would say Holmes, Dixie, Ryle, Cov. Cath, and Conner all have a shot to win it. Holy Cross will be good and could make some noise in the 35th maybe sneak into the 9th region tourney.
tezzy859 Wrote:The 9th will be wide open for the taken. Going into the season I would say Holmes, Dixie, Ryle, Cov. Cath, and Conner all have a shot to win it. Holy Cross will be good and could make some noise in the 35th maybe sneak into the 9th region tourney.

i like holy cross, i think berger is one of the more under-rated players in the 9th region. they have a pretty good freshman class, but i dont know about this year.

i think holmes will win the region, but i wouldnt be surprised if conner, dixie, newcath, or ryle sneak up and win it
toussaints Wrote:i like holy cross, i think berger is one of the more under-rated players in the 9th region. they have a pretty good freshman class, but i dont know about this year.

i think holmes will win the region, but i wouldnt be surprised if conner, dixie, newcath, or ryle sneak up and win it

Holy Cross has added Beal and McClendon. Both are two of the better under-classmen in the 9th. I think if they draw Cov. Cath., they could sneak in. HC may end up with the best backcourt in the 35th. In March its all about guard play. ...... I'm a Holmes fan and I hope your right about them. After last year I'm not so confident in some of the players work ethic. Holmes has the most talent no doubt, but some kids don't come to play every night. Hopefully Booher can change that. Two kids from Holmes who I can't wait to see [Chris Hayes, and D. Rice] both have a chance to be top 10 players in the 9th.
I would love to see Holy Cross make it back to the regional and get back to the basketball factory they used to be. I know Beal and McClendon are the real deal and it will be nice to see what they add to a solid HC team.
Holmes is still the cream of the 9th. They will not be a s good as they were over the past few years, but no one else will jump that much this year either. HC will be the most improved, but their run will start next year, not this.
the preseason coaches top 10 has conner at the top.
http://http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps...-favorite/

1. Conner (6)
2. Boone County (4)
3. Dixie (4)
4. Holmes (3)
5. NewCath
6. CovCath
7. Ryle (1)
8. Highlands
9. Holy Cross
10. Beechwood