Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK, Irish rekindle basketball rivalry
Kentucky will play Notre Dame on Dec. 8 in Freedom Hall in the SEC/Big East Invitational.

The Kentucky-Notre Dame basketball matchup revisits a long tradition. The teams have met 32 times in Louisville, the first time in 1937.

Kentucky has a 23-9 advantage in games played at Freedom Hall, most recently a 78-69 win Jan. 31, 1988.

In the overall series, Kentucky holds a 41-18 edge on Notre Dame.

Kentucky-Notre Dame will be the second game of a doubleheader. Arkansas and Seton Hall will open at 7 p.m. on ESPN2 and Kentucky-Notre Dame will follow at 9:30 on ESPN.

The SEC/Big East Invitational will continue Dec. 11 in Pittsburgh with Rutgers vs. Auburn and Pitt vs. Tennessee.

Tickets are expected to go on sale in early fall.
:Thumbs:

Does this mean Kentucky won't be playing against Syracuse?
Deathstar 80 Wrote::Thumbs:

Does this mean Kentucky won't be playing against Syracuse?

Not as part of the challenge
Nice. I enjoy watching some Notre Dame basketball now and then. I guess it is more because of the players. I like The Big Irishman, Troy Murphy, Chris Thomas, etc...
This will be a good win for UK. Wink
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Does this mean Kentucky won't be playing against Syracuse?

Nope.

I had been saying all along that I didn't believe the reports that had UK playing Syracuse in the SEC/BE Challenge this year. My reasoning being that Syracuse couldn't be in it again after playing in last year's event. I did expect that UK would be playing in the series again this year, just not against the Orange.

In fact, this year's games close out the original 4-year contract for the series. The terms stated that during the 4 years of the Challenge, each Big East school would play once, and each SEC school would particpate at least once. Since the SEC only has 12 schools, that meant four would be in it twice, which UK is doing this year.

This has been a nice series, and I hope it can continue after this year. Maybe we could play Syracuse as part of the next contract.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ballers Wrote:This will be a good win for UK. Wink

:Thumbs: