LB-Gary Runyon;Belfry
LB-JR Robinson;Pikeville
DB-Dillon Huges;Shelby Valley
DB-Dalton Lewis;East Ridge
DB-Cody Varney;Shelby Valley
DB-Brennan Smith;Phelps

These names were listed in the weekend edition of ANE
http://www.news-expressky.com/articles/2...county.txt
Not gonna shun this list, so congrats to all the players on it, but Shelby Valley had the best player in Pike County in BJ, but no arguments really, Thomas is a great football player. Dillon Hughes is 4X the RB that Cody Meade is, he rushed for like 50 yards against Valley, and Dillon went for over 200 against Pike Central. The APP Exp tried to make it balanced, but come on guys.
Congrats to my Lil Bro JR Robinson and all the other Panthers who made the team.
Pikeville has one of their worst years in a long time and they still get 5 players on the team, kind of weird. I think Pike Central and Belfry deserved some more credit.
Why is their only 4 OL on the offense?
The Iceboxx Wrote:Not gonna shun this list, so congrats to all the players on it, but Shelby Valley had the best player in Pike County in BJ, but no arguments really, Thomas is a great football player. Dillon Hughes is 4X the RB that Cody Meade is, he rushed for like 50 yards against Valley, and Dillon went for over 200 against Pike Central. The APP Exp tried to make it balanced, but come on guys.

???? There is no way you honestly believe this!!!!
Looks good to me, Varney is the best player in the county. Anybody that says otherwise is blinded with favoritism of their own county school.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Not gonna shun this list, so congrats to all the players on it, but Shelby Valley had the best player in Pike County in BJ, but no arguments really, Thomas is a great football player. Dillon Hughes is 4X the RB that Cody Meade is, he rushed for like 50 yards against Valley, and Dillon went for over 200 against Pike Central. The APP Exp tried to make it balanced, but come on guys.

When I was at the News-Express, the all-county team was voted on by the coaches¹. So if you're saying they're wrong, you're questioning the judgment of six guys who pretty much are paid to know about high school football.

¹And thank God, because that was a very nice defense to fanboys complaining about the all-county team.
Congratulations to the Pikeville Panthers on a job well done.:rockon:
When I was at the News-Express, the all-county team was voted on by the coaches¹. So if you're saying they're wrong, you're questioning the judgment of six guys who pretty much are paid to know about high school football.

Sorry Tom but only Haywood and Chapman can claim to have any football knowledge after what I've watched in pike county this year.
central fan Wrote:When I was at the News-Express, the all-county team was voted on by the coaches¹. So if you're saying they're wrong, you're questioning the judgment of six guys who pretty much are paid to know about high school football.

Sorry Tom but only Haywood and Chapman can claim to have any football knowledge after what I've watched in pike county this year.

Can you explain, what in the **** are you talking about??

I'm going to go ahead and put this out there....Shelby Valley beat PCC, not by a little bit, but by a lot. It could have been, and should have been a 50 point game. Shelby Valley had something like 5 TO, and still dominated Central.

Shelby Valley goes 8-4 this seasos, and the the teams that beat Valley would have beaten Belfry , and Pike Central handily as well, if not worst.

Lawrence Co 12-1
Clintwood VA 11-2
Prestonsburg 13-1
Corbin 10-3

So if you dont care, tell me how only Chapman, and Haywood were the only coaches with knowledge??? I'm not taking smack about those coaches at all, but I'm just curious on what your talkin about??/
The Iceboxx Wrote:Can you explain, what in the **** are you talking about??

I'm going to go ahead and put this out there....Shelby Valley beat PCC, not by a little bit, but by a lot. It could have been, and should have been a 50 point game. Shelby Valley had something like 5 TO, and still dominated Central.

Shelby Valley goes 8-4 this seasos, and the the teams that beat Valley would have beaten Belfry , and Pike Central handily as well, if not worst.

Lawrence Co 12-1
Clintwood VA 11-2
Prestonsburg 13-1
Corbin 10-3

So if you dont care, tell me how only Chapman, and Haywood were the only coaches with knowledge??? I'm not taking smack about those coaches at all, but I'm just curious on what your talkin about??/

Im sorry but everytime you post something about SV football you make the majority of us think less about your football knowledge. How in the world do you know/think that all of those teams would have beaten Belfry? Granted I'll give you the one, Prestonsburg, because they did but what about the other 3. Remove your SV blinders every now, there's still some good football played in Pike Co. other than a few miles south of Pikeville.
wooderson Wrote:Im sorry but everytime you post something about SV football you make the majority of us think less about your football knowledge. How in the world do you know/think that all of those teams would have beaten Belfry? Granted I'll give you the one, Prestonsburg, because they did but what about the other 3. Remove your SV blinders every now, there's still some good football played in Pike Co. other than a few miles south of Pikeville.
good post:Thumbs:

You need to take your SV tinted glasses off.

Thomas Varney is/was the best player in Pike Co.

Lawrence Co 12-1
Clintwood VA 11-2
Prestonsburg 13-1
Corbin 10-3

:lmao:

Stupidity reigns supreme...
Congrats to Thomas and ALL of the young men who made the list!! Kudo's on a job well done!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]

Lawrence Co 12-1
Clintwood VA 11-2
Prestonsburg 13-1
Corbin 10-3

Ask anyone in the Eastern part of the state about football and what ONE name comes to them.... I'm gonna say 8 out of 10 times, your gonna hear Haywood... He has EARNED his spot for and with knowledge... why question it?

So you Belfry fans tell me, against those teams what do you believe your record would have been???

IMO Belfry would go 0-4 against the same teams that beat Shelby Valley.

Lawrence Co 12-1
Clintwood VA 11-2
Prestonsburg 13-1
Corbin 10-3

Well first of all that was the first game of the season, sure both teams had new coaches, but shelby valley had like 17 seniors compared to pike centrals 6. While both were learning new offenses pike centrals was way more complicated and the lack of experience also took its toll on Pike Central. For Valley it was the same offense they had ran in middle school, not to mention one of the most simple offenses in the game of football. Also in my oppion if the two teams were to play 10 times Valley would at least win 7, but not by the same margin as that pike county bowl game.

Valley should have lost one game and one game only that being Lawrence Co. but the Clintwood, Corbin and Prestonsburg games should have all been victories, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Prestonsburg and Clintwood games were not the players faults. Example 1- Prestonsburg- inside the five yard line 9 players in the box and all 11 blitzing SV runs the same play 4 times in a row and is stopped P-burg drives down the field and scores, why after the second failed attempt not throw it to Donavon Hamilton who was wide open. Example 2- Clintwood-why would you drive the ball down the field inside the 25 and start throwing it in the freezing cold rain and turn it over when you were pounding the ball with ease the whole night. I'm gonna say with Saunders as the Head coach Valley could have mabey played in Bowling Green.

Haywood had a bad team compared to years past but still him and Thomas Varney somehow had a succesfull season losing to teams such as Ashland, Sheldon Clark, and Prestonsburg. How would Valley have done against those teams?

And on Chapman he left Breathit who was the state runner up last year and had pretty much the same team this year yet struggled most of the year losing games they probably would have won with him. Not to mention he won the first playoff games in Pike Centrals history one of those games if I'm remebering corretly was at the nuber one team in 3A at that time.

And by the way reffering to another post by you Cody Meade had a sprained ankle at the time of the pike county bowl so how can you judge players on one game.

I hope I explained well enough what the **** I was talking about.

BTW how did Tyler Boyd and Kyle Hall from Valley not make the team yet Dillon Tackett did? Other than that The list looked pretty good.
The Iceboxx Wrote:So you Belfry fans tell me, against those teams what do you believe your record would have been???

IMO Belfry would go 0-4 against the same teams that beat Shelby Valley.

I want to ask you... How would SV had done against the 5 A teams that Belfry played this year? Johnson Central, Ashland, etc.... I personally don't think Belfry would have went 0-4 but then again, we all have our opinions... Smile

I believe Belfry could have been 1-3, at best 2-2 against these 4 opponents.
I think Lawrence and prestonsburg could have beaten belfry, Corbin is a tossup (if Belfry had to travel to play at Corbin like Valley did, I would give the nod to Corbin), and i think Belfry could have beaten Clintwood.

I don't care much for trying to compare these teams; Valley had a good year, but no doubt it could have been better, there were three losses that could have been wins, but with all the could have beens into play they might have been undefeated. The only real way to compare teams is if they actually play.

Nevertheless, Valley had a good year; Pike Central had a great year, and Chapman no doubt should get Coach of the Year in the County (great job coach!); Belfry had a good year.
Well, one thing about it... You'll never know if SV can beat Belfry until they agree to play Belfry... Smile

phs1986 Wrote:Well, one thing about it... You'll never know if SV can beat Belfry until they agree to play Belfry... Smile

I believe the SV fans had this same conversation about 2 years ago. Belfry stomped Valley into the ground 51-8. Im almost 100% sure on the score
yeah but that was a couple of years ago Valley and Belfry could play and valley would win