Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edinson Volquez Suspended 50-games for Steroids
Reds pitcher, Edinson Volquez has been suspended 50-games by the MLB for steroids.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/21/sports...l?src=tptw
...... My Reds, my reds.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Does his suspension begin after he is off the DL, or will it begin while he is on the DL?
I was wondering the same thing. I thought about Cliff Lee and is situation. He would have to serve the 5 game suspension after the DL , so really only one start. So if that is the case, we do not get to see Volquez this whole year.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Just read on espn.com that he can serve his suspension while on the DL. He just will not get paid. The Reds should get him back around the same time he was expected to come back.
This is in the Lexington Herald today so I'm sure it is on Kentucky.com.
He serves the 50 games during rehab so doesn't hurt the rotation of Reds. He won't be with Reds before July at earliest anyway but he stands to lose $133,000 dollars.
.Seems a like silly to be banned when being treated for a true medical problem but I guess the thing is it is like a steroid and players would take it for an advantage on the field even when don't medically need it or take more than prescribed. He knows to only go to doctors who know the banned list and follow their guidance on what to take though.
bulldog149 Wrote:This is in the Lexington Herald today so I'm sure it is on Kentucky.com.
He serves the 50 games during rehab so doesn't hurt the rotation of Reds. He won't be with Reds before July at earliest anyway but he stands to lose $133,000 dollars.
.Seems a like silly to be banned when being treated for a true medical problem but I guess the thing is it is like a steroid and players would take it for an advantage on the field even when don't medically need it or take more than prescribed. He knows to only go to doctors who know the banned list and follow their guidance on what to take though.

Thats what I was thinking but I will not complain.
[SIZE="4"]