Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason County 2011/12
What do the Royals need to do to improve from last year's 19-13 team which made it to Region?

Dec 1, 11 Paris away 7:30 PM
Dec 3, 11 Ashland Blazer home 7:30 PM
Dec 6, 11 Bourbon County away 7:30 PM
Dec 9, 11 Scott home 7:30 PM
Dec 16, 11 Beechwood home 7:30 PM
Dec 20, 11 TBA home US Bank “Murph” Classic
Dec 21, 11 TBA home US Bank “Murph” Classic
Dec 22, 11 TBA home US Bank “Murph” Classic
Dec 27, 11 TBA at Lloyd Memorial Lloyd Memorial Classic
Dec 28, 11 TBA at Lloyd Memorial Lloyd Memorial Classic
Dec 29, 11 TBA at Lloyd Memorial Lloyd Memorial Classic
Dec 30, 11 TBA at Lloyd Memorial Lloyd Memorial Classic
Jan 3, 12 Campbell County home 7:30 PM
Jan 6, 12 Paul Laurence Dunbar home 6:30 PM
Jan 7, 12 Deming away 7:30 PM
Jan 13, 12 Henry Clay away 7:30 PM
Jan 17, 12 Simon Kenton away 7:30 PM
Jan 20, 12 Pendleton County home 7:30 PM
Jan 21, 12 TBA at Montgomery County Joe B. Hall Prep Classic
Jan 24, 12 Fleming County away 7:30 PM
Jan 27, 12 Rowan County away 8:00 PM
Jan 28, 12 Grant County home 6:30 PM
Jan 31, 12 Montgomery County away 7:30 PM
Feb 3, 12 George Rogers Clark away 7:30 PM
Feb 10, 12 Harrison County away 7:30 PM
Feb 11, 12 Fairview at Nicholas County Shoot For The Cure Classic
Feb 14, 12 Bishop Brossart away 7:30 PM
Feb 17, 12 Nicholas County home 8:00 PM Spectrum-Graphics Classic
They are going to win their district every year and go to regional tourney. The 39th distrcit is made up of Mason Co. Bracken Co, St. Pat, and Augusta. Just going to the regional tourney is not a big deal for the Royals, they expect it. Royals did not have the season they expected to last year. Losing to Pendleton Co in the Semi-finals of the region was a shock to the Royal nation. especially since they had beat the Wildcats in regular season 67-42.
This will be one of the worst MC teams in a while.
LClion4life Wrote:This will be one of the worst MC teams in a while.

I look for their record to be better than last years. For one thier schedule is easier and the 10th region is down from years past.
Gold Charger Wrote:I look for their record to be better than last years. For one thier schedule is easier and the 10th region is down from years past.

So because the teams are more evenly divided, the 10th is down? The 10th will have Montgomery County, Clark County, Bishop Brossart, Pendleton County, Harrison County, Scott, and Mason County all vying for the trip to Rupp. I think the 10th, as a region, is the strongest it has been in a while.
^ I disagree with the above thought process. What Gold Charger meant is that the 10th is down! Too much graduation from every team will make each team very weak in the who scheme of things. Yes, competition will be at the most level that it has been in years, but that's not an indication of the talent returning for each team is down for all.
[quote=mchs78][/B]

So because the teams are more evenly divided, the 10th is down? The 10th will have Montgomery County, Clark County, Bishop Brossart, Pendleton County, Harrison County, Scott, and Mason County all vying for the trip to Rupp. I think the 10th, as a region, is the strongest it has been in a while.[/QUOTE]

There won't be a team in the 10th region ranked in the top 10 in the state this year, as the past few years. Is the region more evenly matched, yes I think it is. Is it a strong region this year, not like the past few years, why I say it is down.
Just because players from Clark and Mason graduated last year doesn't mean the region is down. The top 10 in the state isn't the best way to judge the talent of the region since only 1 team was in the top 10 last year and lost to most top 10 caliber teams in the state. There is alot of key returning players for most teams. Just because two teams are down doesn't mean they all will be.
Indians20 Wrote:Just because players from Clark and Mason graduated last year doesn't mean the region is down. The top 10 in the state isn't the best way to judge the talent of the region since only 1 team was in the top 10 last year and lost to most top 10 caliber teams in the state. There is alot of key returning players for most teams. Just because two teams are down doesn't mean they all will be.

Guess you better go back and look at GRC's W/L record from last year.They BEAT most of the top 10 caliber teams in the state last year. They had a record of 30-6. Only lost to 3 instate schools, Henry Clay, Ballard and Eastern. They had wins over Christian Co twice, Warren Central, Scott Co. Lexington Catholic, Rowan Co and Western to name a few. Yes they beat the State Champs not once but twice.

Who are the teams you think that can compete on the state level or being ranked then? Can any of these teams play the schedule and be successful like Mason and Clark Co has the past few year? I say NO, why I believe the 10th region is down this year. Is the region more evenly matched...I say yes.
Has GRC lost the Fleming pipeline and all the other transfers?
Fred Sanford Wrote:Has GRC lost the Fleming pipeline and all the other transfers?

At least GRC has transfers that want to play for Coach H. not transfer from GRC. Confusedinglepar
What is the record for Clark Co against Louisville schools in the past 3 years?? It's definitely not above 500. Rowan, Western, Warren weren't even in the top 10 in state. You are just thinkin about teams that are usually in the top of the region that will be down this year, which most teams in the region will be rising. I wouldn't be surprised if I see a team from the 10th this year being ranked. Mason should still be pretty solid, they'll definitely be a regional contender.
Indians20 Wrote:What is the record for Clark Co against Louisville schools in the past 3 years?? It's definitely not above 500. Rowan, Western, Warren weren't even in the top 10 in state. You are just thinkin about teams that are usually in the top of the region that will be down this year, which most teams in the region will be rising. I wouldn't be surprised if I see a team from the 10th this year being ranked. Mason should still be pretty solid, they'll definitely be a regional contender.

Just found out that Josh Harris is out for the year, this will really hurt Mason Co. Western and Warren Central were ranked in the top 20, Rowan Co wasn't ranked...but they almost won the state tourney too. At the end of the season should they have been ranked...yes. As far a s the w/l record of GRC against Louisville Schools, I would say you are very close.

Which team would you see ranked in the 10th? I don't see any as of now....later in the season...who knows.
Haha I guess we will have to wait and see...
Indians20 Wrote:Haha I guess we will have to wait and see...
Come on now you can't say a team will be ranked then not say who???:biggrin:
Gold Charger Wrote:Guess you better go back and look at GRC's W/L record from last year.They BEAT most of the top 10 caliber teams in the state last year. They had a record of 30-6. Only lost to 3 instate schools, Henry Clay, Ballard and Eastern. They had wins over Christian Co twice, Warren Central, Scott Co. Lexington Catholic, Rowan Co and Western to name a few. Yes they beat the State Champs not once but twice.

Who are the teams you think that can compete on the state level or being ranked then? Can any of these teams play the schedule and be successful like Mason and Clark Co has the past few year? I say NO, why I believe the 10th region is down this year. Is the region more evenly matched...I say yes.

What did they do at state??:eyeroll: