Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 50 Williamson (WV) 41
pikeville wins over williamson 50-41. It was another good night for the panthers to bring the D game. I Johnson CTS home game, but will be played at the civic center before the college game.......................
Sounds like a close game. Is Williamson's team that good this year?
Another nice win for Pikeville. What is their overall record?
Nevermind, got the record now:

Pikeville 3 18 13 16 50

Williamson (W. Va.) 11 2 14 14 41

Pikeville (14-5) -- Burchett 1, Clark 12, Keene 3, Cecil 7, W. Rowe 11, Evans 6, Branham 3, Ratliff 2, E. Rowe 2.
Williamson (4-5) -- McCormick 3, Hatcher 15, White 8, Lee 8, Hurley 4, Banks 3
http://www.Kentucky.com
Williamson is a good team. even though they have lost 5 games its been against teams like perry central, pikeville, tug valley, etc...
they lost to perry central by about 20
tug valley by 10 (Who almost beat #1 AAA South charleston)
And Pikeville by 9.
Keep workin hard pack and good things will happen to you come turny time!
Pond creek nation Wrote:Williamson is a good team. even though they have lost 5 games its been against teams like perry central, pikeville, tug valley, etc...
they lost to perry central by about 20
tug valley by 10 (Who almost beat #1 AAA South charleston)
And Pikeville by 9.
Keep workin hard pack and good things will happen to you come turny time!
I was surprised at how much they had improved since last year. They seemed very well coached and smart. And it was nice to have a close game there, that atmosphere is unmatchable in the 15th.
Congrats Pikeville
Congrats Pikeville..
Once again for Pikeville it was there defense that made the difference....
North Carolina Fan Wrote:Sounds like a close game. Is Williamson's team that good this year?

Williamson is known for it's long standing tradition. It's won the WV State championship more than once.They have a pretty good team this year, but the Pikeville "D" was too much this time around. Congrats to the Panthers.
Pikeville started out the game 1 - 15 from the floor. Got down early 11-3. Pikeville's defense held Williamson to only 2 free throws in the second quarter. Williamson is better this year. They play three soph's and one freshman. They have played tough competition. Trailed Tug Valley by only two in the fourth quarter. Perry Central had them down by 5 with 6 minites left before beating them by 25.
Stardust Wrote:Nevermind, got the record now:

Pikeville 3 18 13 16 50

Williamson (W. Va.) 11 2 14 14 41

Pikeville (14-5) -- Burchett 1, Clark 12, Keene 3, Cecil 7, W. Rowe 11, Evans 6, Branham 3, Ratliff 2, E. Rowe 2.
Williamson (4-5) -- McCormick 3, Hatcher 15, White 8, Lee 8, Hurley 4, Banks 3
http://www.Kentucky.com

Maxpreps has Williamson's record at 3-6, I guess it will be 3-7 after the loss to Pikeville.
BlueSky Wrote:Once again for Pikeville it was there defense that made the difference....
They need to establish some kind of offense. When they get into sets, it looks awful. They just can't score any points. They should be able to score better than they do. Defense is decent but they're going to have to be able to score more than 40-50pts. a game. They haven't had a good offense in 4-5 years.
joethegreek Wrote:Pikeville started out the game 1 - 15 from the floor. Got down early 11-3. Pikeville's defense held Williamson to only 2 free throws in the second quarter. Williamson is better this year. They play three soph's and one freshman. They have played tough competition. Trailed Tug Valley by only two in the fourth quarter. Perry Central had them down by 5 with 6 minites left before beating them by 25.
Williamson has to be better this year, they couldn't be worse than last year. they have no where to go but up. This year they're not very good though.
Talk about trying to pad a schedule! It's obvious that the coach is trying to rack up some wins so he can brag on his record. In the mean time, they're not getting any better for post season play. They've played 2 decent teams, (Hazard and SV). The win against Hazard was a good win. They've played a struggling Paintsville team(5-12) 4 times. Even when they have opportunities to schedule good competition, they chose not to. For example in the Farm Bureau Classic, instead of scheduling a good quality opponent, they play Rose Hill Christian(0-10) who hasn't won a game this year. At the same time your district foe schedules and wins against one of the top teams in Georgia.
To me it looks like the coach just wants to show a bunch of wins on his resume. Obviously this helping his team come post season, they not made it out of the district the last two years. It's a funny thing, but I don't remember Pikeville playing Paintsville 4 times in one season when Paintsville had BMR and was good!
Hustle Wrote:Talk about trying to pad a schedule! It's obvious that the coach is trying to rack up some wins so he can brag on his record. In the mean time, they're not getting any better for post season play. They've played 2 decent teams, (Hazard and SV). The win against Hazard was a good win. They've played a struggling Paintsville team(5-12) 4 times. Even when they have opportunities to schedule good competition, they chose not to. For example in the Farm Bureau Classic, instead of scheduling a good quality opponent, they play Rose Hill Christian(0-10) who hasn't won a game this year. At the same time your district foe schedules and wins against one of the top teams in Georgia.
To me it looks like the coach just wants to show a bunch of wins on his resume. Obviously this helping his team come post season, they not made it out of the district the last two years. It's a funny thing, but I don't remember Pikeville playing Paintsville 4 times in one season when Paintsville had BMR and was good!
This is as much of an unintelligent post as I have seen in a long time. Good Lord, this is just stupid. They have ONE, count it, ONE regular season game against Paintsville. It is NOT Coach Williams fault that they have been in THREE of the same tournaments and it so happened fate allowed the two teams to meet. Paintsville has also improved a lot from the beginning of the season, even though they may not win many games. If they don't play Pikeville those 4 games, they could have a 9-8 record. When Rose Hill was scheduled, first off, I'm not sure Coach has any say in who Pikeville plays in the farm bureau, but even if he does at the time the game was scheduled Rose Hill was going to be one of the best teams in the 16th region. I guess he had something to do with all the players leaving though, right?? They have played Sheldon Clark, who is a middle of the road 15th team on the road, A tournament in TN where they played a VERY good Station Camp team, They defeated Betsy Layne in the PIT and Betsy Layne was considered a very good team preason, They still have to play Johnson Central, Perry Central (very, very good team), and Lawrence County. I don't know what the **** else you want them to do?
Yea, there are some cupcakes, but you have to balance the 3-5 Shelby Valley games, then you have some lower mid-level teams, and several higher mid-level teams. There is absolutely no point in making a schedule so difficult that you go 10-17. You sound like someone who would complain about them beating Valley, but giving up too many 3's. Go find something else to grind your axe on, because you are wrong with this one.
Hustle Wrote:Talk about trying to pad a schedule! It's obvious that the coach is trying to rack up some wins so he can brag on his record. In the mean time, they're not getting any better for post season play. They've played 2 decent teams, (Hazard and SV). The win against Hazard was a good win. They've played a struggling Paintsville team(5-12) 4 times. Even when they have opportunities to schedule good competition, they chose not to. For example in the Farm Bureau Classic, instead of scheduling a good quality opponent, they play Rose Hill Christian(0-10) who hasn't won a game this year. At the same time your district foe schedules and wins against one of the top teams in Georgia.
To me it looks like the coach just wants
to show a bunch of wins on his resume. Obviously this helping his team come post season, they not made it out of the district the last two years. It's a funny thing, but I don't remember Pikeville playing Paintsville 4 times in one season when Paintsville had BMR and was good!
And a couple of other things: Shelby Valley is a top 15 team in the state. Of course they can handle the competition of a team like that from Georgia. Pikeville is an average 15th region team, so comparing the two is pure stupidity.
Also, when Paintsville won the region in 1998 Pikeville played the mighty tigers 3 times, so you can scratch that one off the list. And 3 more times in 2001-02. Over a 5 year stretch of 1998-2002 they played 11 or 12 times. It doesn't look like the Panthers shyed away from BMR or Paintsville.
Been trying to see the homesite for the Panthers, but seems that it has not been updated. Does anyone know why?
Congrats to Pikeville! Looks like it's turning out to be a really good season for the Panthers!
leecoukfan Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville! Looks like it's turning out to be a really good season for the Panthers!

They usually have a good regular season. Post season is what matters most and that has not been so good the past few seasons, not making it out of the district.
did turner not even score in the game for williamson??
and williamson has great tradition and has always had great teams in the past...
most over there players the past few years have all went to belfry... williamson has boosted belfry in all sports.