Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne's Casey Adkins
Congrats on making honorable mention all state on offense and defense.

Awards keep piling up for you. You really showed the younger bobcats that hard work can really pay off in the weightroom. According to red, since the awards he is starting to get some heavy looks from colleges.
some good stuff there...congrats Casey and good luck next football season...:popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Congrats Casey! Best of Luck in 2010!
Good luck next season. What does the season look like for Besty Lane? Who are they playing?
With a unbelievable freshman class, they will be pretty good.

NKY, you have to see a couple of freshman kids play. Chase Hall and Dillion Hamilton. Even if they dont come they will be program changers.
Congrats Casey
congrats casey
Great job Casey. Great to see a Bobcat do good.:Clap:
congrats. casey it's good to see any kid out of this district get a look at anything.
CONGRAT'S to Casey, hard work pays off & good things for good people he is really a fine young man.
CONGRATULATIONS KASEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep working hard young man
Congratulations Casey, hard work pays off.
Congats to Casey.
betsylaynealum Wrote:With a unbelievable freshman class, they will be pretty good.

NKY, you have to see a couple of freshman kids play. Chase Hall and Dillion Hamilton. Even if they dont come they will be program changers.
They need a coach that knows how to build a program. There's been some wasted talent go through in recent years but they get nowhere. No college is going to look at a kid as long as he's playing at Betsy Layne, that's just a cold hard fact. Colleges want kids that have been taught a little something along with that skill. No smear intended, but let's be real. Every year some people get on here and talk about how good Betsy Layne is going to be and every year it's the same ole thing. Just alot of false promises and false hope given to these kids in order to get them to stick around. Just this year two or three people in the program was talking about how they was going to beat Pikeville this year, this was the year that BL was finally going to get it done. Game wasn't even close and it was obvious that the two teams shouldn't have even been playing each other.
He must be doing something right, they havent won 3 games back to back since the derosett years. Looking at the schedule, they were 6 points from 4 teams, wow a few things go their way, we are really talking about a changed program.This is with kids going other places. I think we are misunderstood about this job. Parsons took this job, when no one wanted it, I mean no one. Now that the talent is getting better the school is doing better, the administration is spending a little money we need to get him out?
I think your wrong Sheriff, Lincoln Bentley applied also for the job.(enough said) HUSTLE, I was teacher aide for parsons and I have never heard of a coach to send out as much as film as possible to get his kids to the next level. He sends 30 copies of highlight film, and two individual games to different colleges. A letter is also involved with all players awards, grades, everything that might catch a players eyes. He did this, his first year and I put all of the info in the envelopes and mailed them out. Also, how can you say college dont look at Betsy Layne kids. Craig Hamilton went to Georgetown, Brandon Combs, morehead state comes to mind. I know my junior year, Coach McBride from Kentucky came to Betsy Layne to talk to Kyle Akers. I was there and I met him. It didnt work out but dont say crapt you cant back up.

To get back on topic, congrats Casey
I played with you when you was a freshman, the sky is the limit!
betsylaynealum Wrote:I think your wrong Sheriff, Lincoln Bentley applied also for the job.(enough said) HUSTLE, I was teacher aide for parsons and I have never heard of a coach to send out as much as film as possible to get his kids to the next level. He sends 30 copies of highlight film, and two individual games to different colleges. A letter is also involved with all players awards, grades, everything that might catch a players eyes. He did this, his first year and I put all of the info in the envelopes and mailed them out. Also, how can you say college dont look at Betsy Layne kids. Craig Hamilton went to Georgetown, Brandon Combs, morehead state comes to mind. I know my junior year, Coach McBride from Kentucky came to Betsy Layne to talk to Kyle Akers. I was there and I met him. It didnt work out but dont say crapt you cant back up.

OK! Let's look at the facts: BL finished the season with 3 wins and [B]7 [/B]losses. BL only won 2 games in a row not 3, BL beat Burch and Jackson, neither of those teams had a win for the whole season. Each finished 0-10 on the season. BL only played 1 opponent with a winning record, which was Allen Central. BL's 3rd win came against Jenkins who finished the season with 1 win. So the three teams BL beat this year had a combined record of 1-29( that's 1 win and 29 losses!) South Floyd's only win on the year came against BL! BL was 1 point away from losing to Jackson Co. and that would have been their only win for the year. It would be great if Casey got his college paid for by playing football, but the reality is, there probably could've been several players to get their college paid for if they were playing at another school that doesn't have such bad seasons year in and year out against such weak competition. How are those facts?
Good job Casey..Keep up the hard work.
WOW, Hustle I thought you would at least do some research. The Burch team you are talking about won five games. You have no idea what your talking about. They can't change their district games. Also, they are a single A school that have been struggling for years. Also you need to take a english class. This is the first season where they won 3 games in back to back seasons since derossett. So my facts are 100% correct!
Just because people get on here, mostly me and talk up the bobcats because I am a big fan. If you hadn't noticed I am not going to change my opinion on the bobcats, jump on the wagon and enjoy the ride!
Hustle, you might need to get your info before you talk, you just look ignorant. Maxpreps shows Burch won 5 games.
betsylaynealum Wrote:I think your wrong Sheriff, Lincoln Bentley applied also for the job.(enough said) HUSTLE, I was[HTML][/HTML] teacher aide for parsons and I have never heard of a coach to send out as much as film as possible to get his kids to the next level. He sends 30 copies of highlight film, and two individual games to different colleges. A letter is also involved with all players awards, grades, everything that might catch a players eyes. He did this, his first year and I put all of the info in the envelopes and mailed them out. Also, how can you say college dont look at Betsy Layne kids. Craig Hamilton went to Georgetown, Brandon Combs, morehead state comes to mind. I know my junior year, Coach McBride[HTML][/HTML] from Kentucky[HTML][/HTML] came to Betsy Layne to talk to Kyle Akers. I was there and I met him. It didnt work out but dont say crapt you cant back up.

Since we're correcting Grammer and English. Sorry, not all of us can be "Teachers Aides.":worthy:
I didn't take the time to look at Burch's record, but I knew they weren't a very good out-of-state team. I'll take your word for it that they won 5 games. That is still a team with a losing record. So that would make the combined record of BL's opponents that they beat this past season 6-25 instead of 1-29. The point is, BL will have a hard time helping any kid into college with a football scholarship. How many have they sent in the past 8-10 years?
What school do you cheer for? Looking at your post your a SV fan. Alright here is your next corrections. Betsy Layne's opponents that they beat won 7 games not six. South Floyd one, Jenkins one and Burch five. Why do you have such problems with math. Also, Burch didnt have a losing record. They were 5-5. If you want to talk about colleges alright I will try this slowly and see if you can understand. I am going to name names of who went to college for football that Red has got to the next level.
Kory Jarrell, Robert Hall Pikeville
Brennan Case, Brandon Blair Union College both declined to go
B.C. Thornsberry Cumberland
Jordan Jarell Cumberland
Steven Rodgers "Goat"
This was while Red has been at Betsy Layne. He sent film for all these kids, he wasnt a head coach for the last three but this is for the last four or five years. Not bad, huh? You went to grammar checks, maybe you can be english teacher! You will not win this battle.
This needs to get back on topic!

Hustle, you dont need to post if you can't state the facts and looks as if BLA is stating the facts!

Once again congrats Casey!