Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County vs. Southwestern 1/15
Who wins?

Southwestern by 15, simply because Gover will gripe at the officials like always and won't coach.
This should be a great game. I will go with SW just because they always play the game of the year against the Maroons.
Man, you must REALLY have something against the Govers. Gover doesn't gripe or complain any more than any other coach. Sounds like you may just have a grudge against him. Hope you can find it in your heart to let it go.
SW by 9
Forever Maroon Wrote:This should be a great game. I will go with SW just because they always play the game of the year against the Maroons.
Man, you must REALLY have something against the Govers. Gover doesn't gripe or complain any more than any other coach. Sounds like you may just have a grudge against him. Hope you can find it in your heart to let it go.

Obiviously you havent been to many of the PC games. There has not been one game this year that I havent seen Gover gripeing about the officiating. Schulz doesnt do it he might questiona call but he doesnt ride them the all game long. Rodney Woods doesnt do it, Don Daniels doesn't do it, all I'm saying is he needs to quit whining when the calls dont go his way. Its time to nut up and shut up and find a way to win. How is gripping to the refs helping ANY???? I have NO respect for anyone like that .
The Maroons seem to be a totally different team at home and away. Since this game is at Southwestern I look for the Warriors to win by atleast 12 points!
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Obiviously you havent been to many of the PC games. There has not been one game this year that I havent seen Gover gripeing about the officiating. Schulz doesnt do it he might questiona call but he doesnt ride them the all game long. Rodney Woods doesnt do it, Don Daniels doesn't do it, all I'm saying is he needs to quit whining when the calls dont go his way. Its time to nut up and shut up and find a way to win. How is gripping to the refs helping ANY???? I have NO respect for anyone like that .
Obviously you haven't seen many of the other coaches coach! Rodney Woods is the only one of that group I would agree with you on. If you have watched sooo many PC games this year, how do you know how the other coaches act? Can't be at all the games at the same time. I have missed 3 PC games all year. I believe SW will win this game, but your grudge with Gover is really showing through in your posts.
I'm sure we will all see our fare share of whining from BOTH coaches in this game.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Obviously you haven't seen many of the other coaches coach! Rodney Woods is the only one of that group I would agree with you on. If you have watched sooo many PC games this year, how do you know how the other coaches act? Can't be at all the games at the same time. I have missed 3 PC games all year. I believe SW will win this game, but your grudge with Gover is really showing through in your posts.
I'm sure we will all see our fare share of whining from BOTH coaches in this game.

When is the last time you've seen Dave Schulz whine about a call? He might question a call but never whines. And I'll give you an example. Opposing team has the ball drives down the lane player falls to the ground ref calls a block. Could have went either way what does Schulz do he says hey mister referee how's that a block? And that's the end of it. Schulz is always coaching as hard as he can. What's Southwestern's record that's right it's 9-5 what's PC's record?? Something like 5-10? Now who is doing the coaching and who is doing the whining?? I guarantee Mark Flynn would have a winning record if he was still there.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:When is the last time you've seen Dave Schulz whine about a call? He might question a call but never whines. And I'll give you an example. Opposing team has the ball drives down the lane player falls to the ground ref calls a block. Could have went either way what does Schulz do he says hey mister referee how's that a block? And that's the end of it. Schulz is always coaching as hard as he can. What's Southwestern's record that's right it's 9-5 what's PC's record?? Something like 5-10? Now who is doing the coaching and who is doing the whining?? I guarantee Mark Flynn would have a winning record if he was still there.

I'll correct myself here Pulaski's record is actually 4-10!
I will go with Southwestern 65-56.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I'll correct myself here Pulaski's record is actually 4-10!
No way Flynn wins more with this team. Flynn was a very good coach, but this team is a shell of what it was supposed to be this year.
Projected starters for PC this year: 1. Muse 2. Abner 3. Eastham 4. Jenkins 5. Most likely Goins, or one of the other freshmen.
1. We all know about the horrible injury to Muse. 2. Abner no longer with the team. 3. Eastham missed the first 2 1/2 weeks of the season with ankle injury. 4. Jenkins is coming off of back surgery. How many of those 4 did Gover have from the time practice started this until almost Christmas? 0!
So, you tell me, how could ANY coach win more with a team that is completely different from what was planned this year? I would rather this team take its lumps with the freshmen this year...NEWSFLASH... just as SW did in the past, and build for the future. It also worked well for the PC football team a few years ago when coach Hines played a bunch of freshmen during the football season. That team went from 2-9 3years ago to Region Champs this year! So, give Gover and this team a chance. They will be just fine.
Forever Maroon Wrote:No way Flynn wins more with this team. Flynn was a very good coach, but this team is a shell of what it was supposed to be this year.
Projected starters for PC this year: 1. Muse 2. Abner 3. Eastham 4. Jenkins 5. Most likely Goins, or one of the other freshmen.
1. We all know about the horrible injury to Muse. 2. Abner no longer with the team. 3. Eastham missed the first 2 1/2 weeks of the season with ankle injury. 4. Jenkins is coming off of back surgery. How many of those 4 did Gover have from the time practice started this until almost Christmas? 0!
So, you tell me, how could ANY coach win more with a team that is completely different from what was planned this year? I would rather this team take its lumps with the freshmen this year...NEWSFLASH... just as SW did in the past, and build for the future. It also worked well for the PC football team a few years ago when coach Hines played a bunch of freshmen during the football season. That team went from 2-9 3years ago to Region Champs this year! So, give Gover and this team a chance. They will be just fine.

Ok stats are stats right???? So here we go since Gover took over the head coaching job at PC his current record as of 1/15/2010 stands as 72-71 that is 5 1/2 seasons. I dont think that is very good. Dave Schulz's record is 159-132 in 10 1/2 seasons as Pulaski County's and Southwestern's head coach. Now I will say this in Dave Schulz's 1st and only season as head coach at PC he was 15-15. But I'll add up his record for his first 5 whole seasons. In Schulz 1st 5 whole seasons he was 61-59 so you tell me wil Gover have a winning record at the end of his 5th season? From the looks of things no he won't.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Ok stats are stats right???? So here we go since Gover took over the head coaching job at PC his current record as of 1/15/2010 stands as 72-71 that is 5 1/2 seasons. I dont think that is very good. Dave Schulz's record is 159-132 in 10 1/2 seasons as Pulaski County's and Southwestern's head coach. Now I will say this in Dave Schulz's 1st and only season as head coach at PC he was 15-15. But I'll add up his record for his first 5 whole seasons. In Schulz 1st 5 whole seasons he was 61-59 so you tell me wil Gover have a winning record at the end of his 5th season? From the looks of things no he won't.
Compared to each other in 5+ years these 2 coaches have near identical records, by your stats. Why would your stats, seeing as stat are stats, suggest Gover will fail at Pulaski?
What was Shulz record his first year at SW? He has had some painfully bad years over there as well as some good ones. It just shows it's more about the athletes you have on the floor than brilliant coaching. Some years you have the players, some years you don't.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Compared to each other in 5+ years these 2 coaches have near identical records, by your stats. Why would your stats, seeing as stat are stats, suggest Gover will fail at Pulaski?
What was Shulz record his first year at SW? He has had some painfully bad years over there as well as some good ones. It just shows it's more about the athletes you have on the floor than brilliant coaching. Some years you have the players, some years you don't.

Oh and by the way its Schulz not Shulz....and his record for his 1st season as head coach at Southwestern was 12-13.
I think both of these coaches and their staffs do an excellent job. There is more to it than wins and losses, even though the wins are important.