Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes vs. Princeton (OH) 1/6
#1 NKY team v #1 DI Cincinnati team

Game is Wednesday night at 6:00 and for those who get it, Fox 19 will be airing the game live on TV.

Princeton features 6'4 Jordan Sibert who is ranked top 50 for c/o 2010 and a current Ohio St commit. They also return 6'2 Marcus Davis and 6'5 Darrien Wilkins from last year's Ohio DI state runner team.

Princeton lost to Oak Hill Academy last week end by I believe either 15 or 21 points but will play a tough game against Middletown the night before they play Holmes.

Should be a good one.

Thoughts?
Holmes has a shot considering Princeton plays Middletown the night before. I believe last year's Princeton-Middletown game went into OT. Should be a few scouts in attendance Wednesday, so perhaps Jeremiah and Elijah will elevate their game. After this game, Bulldogs strictly play NKY teams with the exception of Christian County and Warren Central. Prediction: Princeton 62, Holmes 61.
Match ups:

6'3 Slusher v 6'2 Thomas
6'5 J. Johnson v 6'2 Davis
6'5 R. Johnson v 6'4 Sibert
6'6 Rice v 6'5 McCants
6'8 Pittman v 6'5 Wilkins
I'm going to say that Holmes wins this barnburner of a game by 2 points on a last second put back by Pittman!
Princeton has too much talent, they take this one by 15
king360 Wrote:Princeton has too much talent, they take this one by 15

Princeton is good, but overall they aren't a more talented team than Holmes. Sibert and Wilkins are their only two consistent threats.

I could definetly see Princeton winning, but if they do, I doubt very seriously it's by 15. Neither team will have enough offensive possessions to make the margin that big because of how good each is on defense.

Those who have seen both teams actually think if Holmes plays to their potential and capabilities, then it will be very one sided in their favor because of the talent the Dogs have with Rice, Pittman, R. Johnson, and J. Johnson.
I'm going with Princeton. From what I have seen, they have played the most consistent basketball between the two teams
Can anyone say Showtime. Should be a dunkfest.
Agreed a DunkFest, but a BarnBurner, I got Princeton by 4.
I think as good as Ric is defensively, he hasn't seen a player like Sibert. Trae Golden was a decent match up for him but Golden doesn't have the size or ability as Sibert. That match-up will be the key in the game. I am a little nervous because Golden went for 23 vs Holmes. But then when I think about it, 8 or 9 of that 23 came from the line when Holmes was fouling. If Ric can keep Sibert at 15-18 points I like Holmes chances, but if Sibert comes to Evans Fieldhouse and takes the game over it could be a long night. I think Holmes offensively will have to run through Elijah as well, he has shown since coming back from suspension that scoring 17-21 is his job and he will need to continue that. Holmes also will need to get big minutes from the big 5, foul trouble could be deadly in this one, this Holmes teams inconsistancy and blowing of leads has mainly come with the younger guys on the court, this Princeton team is to good to let go on any 10-12 run spurts like Holmes surrendered to Mason Co, Newport, ect this season because Princeton will get up and lay on the lead, they are just to good. I think this is probably the best team Holmes will play this season, including the out of state teams that they have already played. With local TV being in the building, scouts likely in the stands, and a packed house @ home (which has been a rarity so far this season) The big 3 will want to show up and play well. Lets see if we can get a full 32 minutes out of this team this game. My head doesn't agree with me right now but I am going to say......

Holmes 68
Princeton 62
Stardust Wrote:I'm going with Princeton. From what I have seen, they have played the most consistent basketball between the two teams

That would be how I put it as well, because I think the talent levels are fairly equal, outside of Sibert being the obvious standout, Holmes is just as good or better at every other position talent wise. It is just the consistancy issues that the Holmes team has struggled with all season that makes me nervous every time they step on the court.
There have been alot of critics about the amount of points Holmes has scored this year, but Princeton is a similar team to Holmes. Other than racking up 85 vs Sycamore in the season opener, they have yet to score over 69, and that 69 came in a 15 point loss at the Ironton Classic Invite. Local opponets that they have played this year are an 85-44 win at Sycamore, a 52-42 win at Mason, and a 67-47 win vs Colerain. They have to blowout losses at the Ironton Classic Invite, 84-69 vs Campbell Memorial Oh. and 68-47 vs one of the top teams in the nation Oak Hill Academy Va.
mahb7878 Wrote:I think as good as Ric is defensively, he hasn't seen a player like Sibert. Trae Golden was a decent match up for him but Golden doesn't have the size or ability as Sibert. That match-up will be the key in the game. I am a little nervous because Golden went for 23 vs Holmes. But then when I think about it, 8 or 9 of that 23 came from the line when Holmes was fouling. If Ric can keep Sibert at 15-18 points I like Holmes chances, but if Sibert comes to Evans Fieldhouse and takes the game over it could be a long night. I think Holmes offensively will have to run through Elijah as well, he has shown since coming back from suspension that scoring 17-21 is his job and he will need to continue that. Holmes also will need to get big minutes from the big 5, foul trouble could be deadly in this one, this Holmes teams inconsistancy and blowing of leads has mainly come with the younger guys on the court, this Princeton team is to good to let go on any 10-12 run spurts like Holmes surrendered to Mason Co, Newport, ect this season because Princeton will get up and lay on the lead, they are just to good. I think this is probably the best team Holmes will play this season, including the out of state teams that they have already played. With local TV being in the building, scouts likely in the stands, and a packed house @ home (which has been a rarity so far this season) The big 3 will want to show up and play well. Lets see if we can get a full 32 minutes out of this team this game. My head doesn't agree with me right now but I am going to say......

Holmes 68
Princeton 62

Golden actually got 13 of his 23 points from the line. He struggled from the field against Ric, going 5 for 14.

Sibert and Ricardo or no strangers to on another. Both have had some battles over the years on the AAU circuit and Ric is every bit as good.
mahb7878 Wrote:That would be how I put it as well, because I think the talent levels are fairly equal, outside of Sibert being the obvious standout, Holmes is just as good or better at every other position talent wise. It is just the consistancy issues that the Holmes team has struggled with all season that makes me nervous every time they step on the court.

People will see in this game that Jordan Sibert and Ricardo Johnson are much closer than a lot realize. Sibert is more explosive off the dribble but Ric is every bit as good in every other area. I also think Ric is stronger than Jordan.

Should be a great match up.
I'll take Holmes by 6 or 7.. Should be a close one!