Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. 52 - Lee Co. 51
leecoukfan Wrote:Well if you're going to look at it like that then Lee Co should be in the Top 10 as well because either team could have won that game last night!

Look at Powell's record and performance thus far. They are a top 10 team, aren't they?

Admitting you're wrong will be good for you.
palmer Wrote:Look at Powell's record and performance thus far. They are a top 10 team, aren't they?

Admitting you're wrong will be good for you.

Well each team had the same record coming in and either team could have won the game but it just so happened to go to powell after time was added on and creech had that amazing play! So yeah i think both teams should be Top 10 right now! If one is Top 10 so should the other because judging by last night both teams are on the same level and most likely will be the top 2 teams in the 56th District!
LeeCoBobcatfan Wrote:How many times have Estill and Lee played since then? What's the win/loss record?

After that game Estill and Lee have played 4 times 3 games last year and 1 this year. Lee Co is 4-0 in those 4 games!!
Congrats to the Pirates
First of all I would like to congratulate both teams it was a heck of a game! That was the greatest game so far this season. And if you were a Powell County Pirate fan last year, you would be thankful too, to beat last years 56th district tournament winners. We were just glad that our team is finally winning games again. We are all proud of them for turning the season around. And in my opinion this years tournament will be GREAT!!! Good Luck to both teams in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
piratefan24 Wrote:First of all I would like to congratulate both teams it was a heck of a game! That was the greatest game so far this season. And if you were a Powell County Pirate fan last year, you would be thankful too, to beat last years 56th district tournament winners. We were just glad that our team is finally winning games again. We are all proud of them for turning the season around. And in my opinion this years tournament will be GREAT!!! Good Luck to both teams in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I second this post???? Trust me, as a loooong time Lee County fan, I know how it feels. I'm glad that the 56th is more competitive than it has been in years past. (Long ago):Clap:
You may second my post? I would also like to add that powell county didn't cheat they didnt know who the ref's were till they got to the game. And Coach Hall would never allow that kind of thing!
Must have been a hard fought game. Congrats Powell
this would have been a good one to have been at, good luck lee u will need it with powell and owsley in there
pirate fanatic Wrote:our fans need to take some lessons fron our players and coaches

You cant be serious, doggen your own teams fans????? We are they're night in and night out for those boys. How are you really gonna do that. Take the fans away and see how they do. Would ya like that? Your calm parental claps would'nt do the job I assure you that.
LeeCoBobcatfan Wrote:First, I'd like to congratulate Powell County on a well deserved victory. It was a great game and provided good experience to a young Bobcat team. Powell County has a great team this year, and while yes, there were fans on both sides who were really into the game, I think it's great that they are passionate for their team. Both sides had people who acted disrespectfully, but that comes along with a passion for your team. The only issue with behavior I saw was what happened in the parking lot; however, what is youthfulness for, if not to act immaturely? Smile

Close games like this are exciting to watch, and I have to say I am really proud of the way the Bobcats didn't give up and fought back. Luck just happened to favor Powell that particular night. And again, Congrats to both teams.

Best to both teams on the rest of their season.

WOW i really could not have said that better myself.
Took the words out of my mouth.
Thanks a ton.
LCbobcats#1 Wrote:Bull crap! Benny, and these 90 yr old men add more time after we hit a shot. Then they RUSH the court, our court and jump and down like its football?! Powell fans have no taste!

For real man?
Your so called benny gave lee every call they needed in the late 4th to get back in it. W/o that and Gus Wise steppen up late, powell wins by ten. And if you paid any attention what so ever it was obious that the clock keeper let a good two seconds run off after the jump shot, so the refs did their job in putting it back up.
Rushing the court has nothing to do with no taste, but simply passion, those fans didnt sit all night. Had great chants. So not seein where "no taste" comes in. they did their job well, mite i say.
Very exciting game and the fans loved it so they have every rite to rush the court, and yea i kno that hurts.
So if you have seen the last second shot what do you think any comments?
leecoukfan Wrote:For 1 you need to get your facts straight and for 2 you must not be from the 56th District area beccause Lee Co hasn't even gone 2 seasons in a row without a home loss, yeah we did win all our home games last year if i'm not mistaken BUT we did lose two home games in the 07/08 season to the best team in the Region Hazard by 1 point and to a down Perry Central team by 7 points. So i really don't know why you're trying to make it look like such a big accomplishment that you beat a undermanned Lee Co team who hasn't been this down in 5 or 6 years.

WOW! Didn't mean to make you cry. My bad on the info. Just going by what I was told. Regaurdless of what's said it was a good game in which Powell had Lee down by 10 twice and Lee made some great come backs. Glad I was there to see it!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:My bad, Can someone please see if SANTA is available for a parade through Stanton this morning? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE PIRATES!!! TongueirateSho :Cheerlead :Clap:

Well thanks, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you to. You can come and watch the parade with us if you want!:thanks:
The last second shot by Carlisle Creech for Powell County was play of the week on WYMT sports overtime. Go to http://www.wymt.com click on sports and then wymt sports and then click on video that say Dec 18 sports OT awards to see it.
FOR REAL Wrote:WOW! Didn't mean to make you cry. My bad on the info. Just going by what I was told. Regaurdless of what's said it was a good game in which Powell had Lee down by 10 twice and Lee made some great come backs. Glad I was there to see it!

Well your credibilty drops to none when you come on here and state things that aren't fact and are far from it!!!
since when?
When does these two teams play again?
Sounds like the making of a good rivalry.
January 8th is when the two teams will meet us again, cant wait