Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes vs. Pendleton County 12/27
Holmes meets Pendleton Co Sunday at 2:45 in the Lloyd Invitational.

Holmes (5-3) comes in off a 60-52 loss to Ballard.

Pendleton Co (5-5) comes in off a 68-62 loss to Harrison Co.

Winner advances to play the winner of Lewis Co/Villa Madonna.

Thoughts?
holmes by 10
Holmes
I'm pretty sure Pittman won't be playing in this game due to two technicals against Ballard.

With or without Pittman though, Holmes should still be too much for the Wildcats. They simply don't have the size, athleticism, or overall talent to beat a team like Holmes.

I expect Kevon Rice to step up and have a big game. He has continued to improve as the season progresses.

Holmes by 15-20.
This is a 25+ point blowout. Even without Pittman, Pendleton has nowhere's near the talent that Holmes has with the Dawgs 2nd five, much less the starters.
I could very well be wrong, but you won't see too many Holmes' blowouts. Henley will keep it close enough. 15-20 is their max usually. I agree they could easily stretch it if they wanted, though.
hoonsaunglee Wrote:I could very well be wrong, but you won't see too many Holmes' blowouts. Henley will keep it close enough. 15-20 is their max usually. I agree they could easily stretch it if they wanted, though.

Agreed, Henley is a very conservitive coach, once they get up by 15-20, he starts to really take the air out of the ball, and drain the clock. Thats why I don't get concerned when people talk about Holmes not having high point outputs.
Holmes in this one by going away at the end.
Holmes will walk through this tournament. No real competition for them, this tournament will not make them better.
goodguy Wrote:Holmes will walk through this tournament. No real competition for them, this tournament will not make them better.

I look at this as more of a confidence boost, they went down to the KOB and got beat in the first round by Mceachern GA, a team that they probably should have beating. After that, they mad light work of the school from AZ, but then lost to a good Louisville Ballard team. This is the first time they have lost 2 games in one week in 3 years minimal. They have to find themselves, they tried to play with some big dogs and there were a lot of inconsistancies in there game. This is not a top comp tourny, but this is a Tourny where they can work on some fundimental things, find out what they need to do from this point forward to compete with the Ballards of the state, and work some of the inconsistancies that have plauged them so far. Just because there isn't top comp, doesn't mean they can not get better with this tournament. This team is not the team of last year, the leadership, effort, and hard work are not there. The tournovers are killing them, the lack of a true point guard or offense around the point guard they have, the lack of bench scoring, and the 4th person that can put up some points needs to be found. I think those are all things that this team can find out about themselves in this tournament.