Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorton 46 Feds Creek 41
Final from the championship of the Cougar Classic at Elkhorn City.

For Dorton:

Cody Belter 15 points, 8 rebounds, 6 blocks
Owen Caudill 15 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals
Estil Bentley 5 points, 2 rebounds
Victor Fouts 3 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
Zack Huffman 3 points
Jesse Lucas 2 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists
Zach Cantrell 2 points, 6 rebounds
Zack Tackett 1 point, 1 rebound

For Feds Creek:

Camron Justice 19 points
Johnny Miller 8 points
Christian Taylor 6 points
Christian Hagy 4 points
Patrick Coleman 2 points
Marcus Freeman 2 points
Another nice win for Dorton
is caudill ok i heard he was sick
back_in_black Wrote:is caudill ok i heard he was sick

I haven't heard anything today, but he seemed ok during and after the game.
Congratulations Coach and team, judging from the stats the entire team was involved in a good win. Keep playing hard and listen to your coach, Wildcats! Go Dorton!!!!
Congrats to Dorton on a very nice game. I thought both teams played hard and played well, but Dorton hit their shots when the needed to and Feds Creek didn't. Vikings need to go back to work and get a little better as both teams will face off again before the season is over!!!
Congratulations on your win wilcats and nice job Coach....Hope Owen is feeling better!
Viking_Mommy Wrote:Congratulations on your win wilcats and nice job Coach....Hope Owen is feeling better!

Thanks. It was a great game and both teams left it on the floor. Owen is feeling much better today. Thanks for your concern. We really enjoy playing FC because the 2 groups of boys are good friends and, win or lose, they can always be seen talking after the game.
congrats dorton
Here is a short clip (4 seconds) of Cody Belter dunking in warmups. I thought it might be neat for some of the people who see his stats on here, but have never seen him. I know he is 6'10" so him dunking isn't a big deal, but I still thought some people might want to see it. I told him he is going to start throwing it down harder though.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/c8d48...eo/8651037
Nice. Congrats on the win
Reanimate Wrote:Nice. Congrats on the win

Thanks.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Here is a short clip (4 seconds) of Cody Belter dunking in warmups. I thought it might be neat for some of the people who see his stats on here, but have never seen him. I know he is 6'10" so him dunking isn't a big deal, but I still thought some people might want to see it. I told him he is going to start throwing it down harder though.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/c8d48...eo/8651037
So coach, he has grown another inch from last year and put on a few pounds in the weight room I assume. It certainly is odd and unusual to see a player as young as he is dunk a ball. Thanks for putting the video on here for all to see. Good luck to Cody and the Wildcats!
dortonite Wrote:So coach, he has grown another inch from last year and put on a few pounds in the weight room I assume. It certainly is odd and unusual to see a player as young as he is dunk a ball. Thanks for putting the video on here for all to see. Good luck to Cody and the Wildcats!

You were one of the main reasons I put this video on here. I figured you'd never seen Belter before since you live so far away. He has grown almost an inch since last season ended. He is actually 6'9 3/4" with shoes on and he weighs right at 220.
Coach, right now you guys are the team to beat in Pike Co. We will have to improve our game to have a chance going down the stretch.
Thanks for putting the video on, Coach, and you were right, I have never been able to see Cody play in person but any information on this young man and team is appreciated. Keep up with your guidance of these young men, you will have an effect on them for the rest of their lives. God Bless You and the other teachers of these young men, they will more than likely be playing their high school ball at Shelby Valley, the future is bright.
School Admin. Wrote:Coach, right now you guys are the team to beat in Pike Co. We will have to improve our game to have a chance going down the stretch.

Thanks, but I don't know about that. In the past 3 games we've played against you all of them could have gone either way. A missed shot or two, a turnover, or missed block out could have determined any of the 3. We are playing our best ball of the season right now, but that may change next week. You never know with kids this age.

You guys have a really good team, and can beat anyone on a given night. Also, everyone isn't as big on Virgie right now as they were earlier in the season, but you have to remember that both of the games they lost they were without their head coach which makes a huge difference. No matter how good a coach an assistant is, the kids are used to the head coach and him not being there is going to change the way they play.

We have yet to play Mullins or Belfry so I am interested in seeing how we match up with them also.

The last month of the season is going to be really fun.