Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 82 Boyd County 21
final:zzz:
Wow, Tomcats took it to them
I bet this one got heated.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Truly a case of lambs to the slaughter.

Biggs played everyone. The entire team had played before the first half had ended. Boyd's big kid didn't play (his wrist was in a splint). I doubt that it would have made much of a difference, but it would have definitely helped.

I'm guessing that Boyd had twice as many turnovers as points. They actually jumped out to a 5-2 lead in the opening minutes, but, needless to say, it was no matchup after that.

John Wooden and Pat Riley couldn't put up many wins for Boyd right now. They played some young kids, and they have to just keep lacing it up, until they get some strength and experience. I can only imagine how tough it was to watch that game from the Boyd County side of the gym.

When Rose Hill and Boyd play, it should be a game.
CatDawg Wrote:I bet this one got heated.

Oddly, there was almost no heat at all. It was really kind of surprising that Boyd didn't fight back the way you would have expected.
Now that is really surprising. I'm beginning to think Boyd County athletics in general are in trouble.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Ashland Blazer 82 Boyd Co. 21

Boyd Co. 5 7 4 5 21

Ashland Blazer 24 14 13 31 82

Boyd Co. (0-4) -- Gindlesperger 3, Miller 2, Mayse 4, Rankin 3, Middleton 2, Lowe 5, Blevins 2.
Ashland Blazer (5-0) -- Wofford 2, Skaggs 12, Delaney 15, Royalty 8, Whetsel 11, Gibbs 4, Johnson 10, Withrow 7, Hunter 7, Gregg 6
http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/1040329.html
Ashland was awesome
Everyone has discussed the problems with the Jenkins basketball program but for Boyd County to only score 21 points, something is terribly wrong. Boyd is a big enough school that they should be doing better then that.
Boyd County should step out of playing the local teams, swallow their pride and start playing some small, private schools. This is the only way that they are going to rebuild this program. They need to start at the bottom and start rebuilding for the future. No one is too blame other than the ones making the decisions at the top. There are Coaches and Parents that had no business being in their positions or making decisions. The program should have never gotten to the position that it is in now. Absolutely no reason for it, and it is a slap in the face of all Boyd Countians ever involved in the traditional program, that used to win games, tournaments and regional championships.
I don't want to start any arguments about Boyd Co.. What has happened to the basketball program in recent years? To lose to their biggest rival, Ashland, by 61 something has to be wrong.
It is a pure example of what happens when the School Board has no decision in the Coaches of the school programs.
Junkyard Dog Wrote:It is a pure example of what happens when the School Board has no decision in the Coaches of the school programs.

Who does make the decisions?
I still think when the Freshman and 8th graders start playing together it will be a different team. I know that does not help now but I think there is a good future up and coming. But we have to support the kids who are playing now. They are playing hard and it is more discourageing to them that they are getting beat like they are so lets now rub salt in the wound.
wildcat44 Wrote:I still think when the Freshman and 8th graders start playing together it will be a different team. I know that does not help now but I think there is a good future up and coming. But we have to support the kids who are playing now. They are playing hard and it is more discourageing to them that they are getting beat like they are so lets now rub salt in the wound.

I agree that there are great kids in those grades, but hate to bust your bubble, but the existing Junior class would have hammered those classes at that age and you see where we are now. Half of the existing 8th/9th grade will not be playing when they get to Junior/Senior age. That is the biggest problem at Boyd Co. The Coaches do nothing to keep the kids interested in the program. The Senior class that graduated last year was even better at the 8th/9th grade level. They were undefeated. We can all keep wishing and have false hope, but it is not going to get better until major changes happen at Boyd Co. I hate it for the kids, because there are some great kids and you are only young once.
Boyd seems to get younger and younger in both boys and girls basketball programs.
I guess you are right you could have alot of talent in the lower grades but if you dont keep them interested, encouraged, and have the coaches to bring them along and pull out the talent it dont mean anything. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next. I dont see how BC can keep losing this bad game after game and nothing be done about it in the near future.