Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Co. 50 - Estill Co. 43
Final!

poor officiated game.
Lee County's Coach shouldn't have done what he done at the end of the game. that was uncalled for.
Poor Offense by Engineers - Domination by Pittman - Officiating was the least of it - Engineers better get it together quick. :flush:
EngineerFan Wrote:Lee County's Coach shouldn't have done what he done at the end of the game. that was uncalled for.

and last year when you dumped ice all over the floor and little kid got hurt. real class Lee.
Pittman did dominate putting number up of 32 points and 13 rebounds, but coach wright did nothing wrong at the end he made his players shake hands and everything. Really lee wins so get over it.
Ball4life20 Wrote:Pittman did dominate putting number up of 32 points and 13 rebounds, but coach wright did nothing wrong at the end he made his players shake hands and everything. Really lee wins so get over it.

did nothing wrong? your blind. if it was us you all would gripping about it, just like we are.
What did he do that was so bad?
it was 47-43 with about 2 seconds to go and he lets pittman shoot a 3 at the buzzer instead of holding it. that was un called for. if it was us or any other team done that to you all, you all would be gripping about it.
For you INFO! Danny told Dontarious to go up and get the ball not to shoot it but i am glad that he did because in the district standing if there is a tie then it comes down to points. Just quit your griping and take the loss.
Ball4life20 Wrote:For you INFO! Danny told Dontarious to go up and get the ball not to shoot it but i am glad that he did because in the district standing if there is a tie then it comes down to points. Just quit your griping and take the loss.

well i believe that powell or owsley will have the number 1 seed. if that was the case then why didn't Dontarious hold the ball instead of shooting. why couldn't he have tried it against Menifee or Buckhorn or any other team that either beat bad or lose bad???
Listen the player shot the 3 and you cannot take that away from him sorry he played his heart out. Also the # 3 spot is way better than the # 4 spot when it comes to district tourney time sorry you should know that.
Ball4life20 Wrote:Listen the player shot the 3 and you cannot take that away from him sorry he played his heart out. Also the # 3 spot is way better than the # 4 spot when it comes to district tourney time sorry you should know that.

Pittman did play a good game, im not taking nothing away from him. i just think it was wrong there at the end. and i know the 3 spot is better than the 4th, but if you remember in 06/07 it was Owsley # 4 Seed that sent # 1 Lee County back to the house
yes, I do remember that, but that is just an upset that you are talking about i am talking about 2 teams that battled and lee walks away with win.
Ball4life20 Wrote:yes, I do remember that, but that is just an upset that you are talking about i am talking about 2 teams that battled and lee walks away with win.

we was talking about the 3 and 4 seeds and i mentioned that. but i do agree with you, both Estill and Lee played a very good hard faught game.
Congrats LC
Strikeout King Wrote:did nothing wrong? your blind. if it was us you all would gripping about it, just like we are.

Well, sounds like i should have skipped work to go to this one! CONGRATS BOYS!! GREAT WIN! GOOD JOB DONTE!!

What happened in this one that was so bad? Sounds to me like Estill Co just got caught by surprise and thought this would be an easy game!
Congrats LC
Strikeout King Wrote:did nothing wrong? your blind. if it was us you all would gripping about it, just like we are.

I am from Estill County, and I have played ball against Coach Wright. I respect him. His players seem to love him and have bought in to his style of coaching. I was at the game last night and I clearly saw him yelling at D to hold the ball. I just want to clear up the fact that all Estill Countians don't think of Coach Wright badly.
leecoukfan Wrote:Well, sounds like i should have skipped work to go to this one! CONGRATS BOYS!! GREAT WIN! GOOD JOB DONTE!!

What happened in this one that was so bad? Sounds to me like Estill Co just got caught by surprise and thought this would be an easy game!

we just think that it was uncalled for at the end. there was no need in taking a 3. if it was the other way around Lee County would be gripping about it just like we were
Strikeout King Wrote:we just think that it was uncalled for at the end. there was no need in taking a 3. if it was the other way around Lee County would be gripping about it just like we were

I dunno about that, i mean Estill dogged us a couple years ago for SUPPOSEDLY trying to dunk in the last seconds of the game when were already up by 9 points, when we didn't. Don't get mad at a player who is having the best game of his high school CAREER so far!! Again Congrats to Dontarius "Donte" Pittman on a 32 point game!!!
Strikeout King Wrote:it was 47-43 with about 2 seconds to go and he lets pittman shoot a 3 at the buzzer instead of holding it. that was un called for. if it was us or any other team done that to you all, you all would be gripping about it.

This has become quite a rivalry! Every game that Lee wins results in some kind of accusation by Estill fans. From the .6 second shot to the 'set up for a dunk' to last night's 'Dontarius shooting a 3 at the buzzer'.....

From what I heard Estill's coach is the one who said some things 'uncalled for' at the end of the game. Well, at least no one sailed a clipboard at the cheerleaders lol.
ARC Wrote:This has become quite a rivalry! Every game that Lee wins results in some kind of accusation by Estill fans. From the .6 second shot to the 'set up for a dunk' to last night's 'Dontarius shooting a 3 at the buzzer'.....

From what I heard Estill's coach is the one who said some things 'uncalled for' at the end of the game. Well, at least no one sailed a clipboard at the cheerleaders lol.

Don't forget that it also busted one Estill's assistant coaches head open! Oh yeah last night made 5 wins in a row for Lee Co over Estill!
Lee Co. 50 Estill Co. 43

Lee Co. 9 9 19 13 50

Estill Co. 5 14 11 13 43

Lee Co. (1-2) -- Evans 5, Pittman 32, Wise 11, Baker 2, Mays 0.
Estill Co. (0-2) -- Berryman 12, Allen 10, Abernathy 8, Birchfield 6, Roberts 5, Muncie 2.
Hey King, I have the utmost respect for you and your opinion but on this matter Coach did not ask for a shot he assumed someone would guard Pittman on the inbound play and he did tell him if he couldnt catch it to slap it up in the air to kill the clock or as much time as possible. Shooting was never thought of. D just caught and shot an open shot while I agree it wasnt neccessary to shoot but in the event of a tie it could come into play. There was much more bad behavior than that after the game but lets let the games settle any disagreements and lets continue to live as neighbors. Best Wishes the rest of the way to the Engineers
leecoukfan Wrote:I dunno about that, i mean Estill dogged us a couple years ago for SUPPOSEDLY trying to dunk in the last seconds of the game when were already up by 9 points, when we didn't. Don't get mad at a player who is having the best game of his high school CAREER so far!! Again Congrats to Dontarius "Donte" Pittman on a 32 point game!!!

i heard about the .6 seconds left i believe it was 07-08? from what i heard we was up with just a few seconds left and as you all kept going down the court the ref's kept putting more time on the clock. idk i wasn't there, just saying what i heard.

im not mad or taking anything away from pittman he did play a good game.

ARC Wrote:This has become quite a rivalry! Every game that Lee wins results in some kind of accusation by Estill fans. From the .6 second shot to the 'set up for a dunk' to last night's 'Dontarius shooting a 3 at the buzzer'.....

yes it has became quite a rivalry. years back Estill and Lee wouldn't even play each other because it had gotten outta hand.

idk about the clipboard deal, this is the first i have heard of it. what happened???

JOBAKKA Wrote:Hey King, I have the utmost respect for you and your opinion but on this matter Coach did not ask for a shot he assumed someone would guard Pittman on the inbound play and he did tell him if he couldnt catch it to slap it up in the air to kill the clock or as much time as possible. Shooting was never thought of. D just caught and shot an open shot while I agree it wasnt neccessary to shoot but in the event of a tie it could come into play. There was much more bad behavior than that after the game but lets let the games settle any disagreements and lets continue to live as neighbors. Best Wishes the rest of the way to the Engineers

Thanks. we have a tought decmeber schedule. we play Monticello (10th), Model (11th), Berea (12th), & A TBA Team (12th) in the Berea Invitational starting tomarrow Night. then next Tuesday (15th) we play Hazard at home, then the (18th) we play @ Owsley County, then its off to East/West Jessamine to play in the Jessamine Invitational (21st) Paris, (22nd) Menifee County, (23rd) East Jessamine, (23rd) A Team TBA. so we have pretty tought december schedule.

Estills coach is there own worst enemy. I have heard there are many players that wont come out because of his antics. I have seen him in action a couple of times and nothing would suprise me.
Lee County's Coach shouldn't have done what he done at the end of the game. that was uncalled for. What?! Are you kidding me?! LC Coach didn't do nothing! Tiller cussed Danny out!
And also i saw a comment that said lee co. had no class. Yeaaa no. we don't beat a team 100-12