Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer Football Season
I wish that the regular season was at least 15 games long. What are the pro's and conn's on this. I don't think this would ever happen. I think that I am going to go crazy waiting for the season to start and when it does it seams like it is over so quick. I Can imagine how the kids feel. I know when I played it seamed like it just started.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:I wish that the regular season was at least 15 games long. What are the pro's and conn's on this. I don't think this would ever happen. I think that I am going to go crazy waiting for the season to start and when it does it seams like it is over so quick. I Can imagine how the kids feel. I know when I played it seamed like it just started.
well, injuries, and basketball season factors into it. i would like to see a couple more games added on myself but i dont think it will ever happen.
mister... basketball Wrote:well, injuries, and basketball season factors into it. i would like to see a couple more games added on myself but i dont think it will ever happen.

There are more injuries in basketball and baseball than in football. if they were to start a little earlier like right after basketball season. Baseball would effect that tho.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:There are more injuries in basketball and baseball than in football. if they were to start a little earlier like right after basketball season. Baseball would effect that tho.

well injuries play a factor in every sport, so therefore you cant make the schedule too long, you dont wanna get these kids out there and get em hurt. thats not only in football but thats in every sport.
the college football regular season is only 12 games. why would you compare high school kids with professionals and not take into account college.
johnnyt Wrote:the college football regular season is only 12 games. why would you compare high school kids with professionals and not take into account college.

imo the high school football season is long enough.
Great the wife complains now about missing Thanksgiving now you want to take away Christmas also
WAY to long already! Now if they could cancel the stupid playoff system we have now, and add a couple of games to make it worth it, then maybe! The first 2 wks of playoffs are a waste. They should take the top 2 in each district, no questions! And 6 classes is also ridiculous. 3 would be ideal, 4 is too many, but could live with it. Kentucky football is way to watered down, because to many people want EVERYONE to say they have played in a playoff game, I mean 96% of the teams play in the playoffs, wow, why in the world would you even have to play season games????? totally ridiculous. Make the games worth something.

They could also move football to the spring and baseball to the fall, to help with a lot of problems, but will also never happen.
D1Recruiter Wrote:WAY to long already! Now if they could cancel the stupid playoff system we have now, and add a couple of games to make it worth it, then maybe! The first 2 wks of playoffs are a waste. They should take the top 2 in each district, no questions! And 6 classes is also ridiculous. 3 would be ideal, 4 is too many, but could live with it. Kentucky football is way to watered down, because to many people want EVERYONE to say they have played in a playoff game, I mean 96% of the teams play in the playoffs, wow, why in the world would you even have to play season games????? totally ridiculous. Make the games worth something.

They could also move football to the spring and baseball to the fall, to help with a lot of problems, but will also never happen.

football in the spring? does that happen anywhere other than the arena league. besides that with the national signing day being in February you are going to make it harder for Ky players to get scholarships due to the fact that most recruiters will have to rely on their junior year stats. they will be less willing to give them scholarships when they have games yet to play in high school and could get injured. do you think a college is going to hold onto a scholarship to give to a Ky kid in hopes he doesnt get injured?

i agree with you though that 6 classes are too many we should have stayed at 4 and i am all for the top 2 out of each district making it to the playoffs but that only eliminates 1 week of the playoffs not 2.
ok, I know stupid thread. I am just ready for football season.:HitWall:
why couldn't the football season start at either the end of July or beginning/middle of August instead of Starting At The Very End Of August???
High School Football in KY is growing in popularity. Leave it the way it is.
[quote=D1Recruiter]WAY to long already! Now if they could cancel the stupid playoff system we have now, and add a couple of games to make it worth it, then maybe! The first 2 wks of playoffs are a waste. They should take the top 2 in each district, no questions! And 6 classes is also ridiculous. 3 would be ideal, 4 is too many, but could live with it. Kentucky football is way to watered down, because to many people want EVERYONE to say they have played in a playoff game, I mean 96% of the teams play in the playoffs, wow, why in the world would you even have to play season games????? totally ridiculous. Make the games worth something.

:Thumbs:
I like it the way it is with the exception of I wish they would allow an extra scrimmage. Also I wish they would go back to 4 classes and a fifth class that would be private schools and anyone else who thought they could compete.
I agree we shoulda stayed with the 4 classes, instead of the 6 we have now. I could live with 5 classes, that would be reasonable.

I disagree that the season should be longer. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE football. If I let it, it would consume 24/7 of my life. I mean, I resort to the AFL games on tv to calm my 'addiction'. Just think the season is long enough as it is. The off-season allows growth, healing, and maturity. Three things needed to be successful...