Nicholas Co. @ Campbellsville

Lynn Camp @ Raceland

Phelps @ Hazard

Pineville @ Allen Central

Jenkins @ Pikeville

Paintsville @ Harlan

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2009/fb1a2009.htm

i look for fairview to make some noise in class 1A
Campbellsville lost to Washington County in the final regular season game, not a good loss considering WC was 2-7 on the season prior to this game. Nicholas Co. has a chance to pull off the upset in the first round based on the results I saw on KHSAA.org.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

hamburgler606 Wrote:i look for fairview to make some noise in class 1A

Not if they make it to the second round. They will have to face LCA, whom they have lost to already 44-0.
1a is LCA's to lose. Beechwood may their only challenge in the playoffs.
I wouldn't overlook Mayfield, or even Bellevue.
LCA will have a challenger in hazard on there side of the bracket. Then i believe its a toss up on the west with Frankfort, Beechwood and Mayfield.
bac2369 Wrote:LCA will have a challenger in hazard on there side of the bracket. Then i believe its a toss up on the west with Frankfort, Beechwood and Mayfield.

No offense but Hazard won't be able to compete with this LCA team, they only lost to Lex Cath by 1 point and I think they could demolish anyone in 1A with the exception of Beechwood and Mayfield, and I think they can beat eithier one of them by 3+ TD's, LCA will take state this year as much as I hate to say it, and don't get me wrong, i'd love to see Hazard beat LCA or anyone from Region 4 for that matter, but I just don't see it happening IMO
the watcher Wrote:No offense but Hazard won't be able to compete with this LCA team, they only lost to Lex Cath by 1 point and I think they could demolish anyone in 1A with the exception of Beechwood and Mayfield, and I think they can beat eithier one of them by 3+ TD's, LCA will take state this year as much as I hate to say it, and don't get me wrong, i'd love to see Hazard beat LCA or anyone from Region 4 for that matter, but I just don't see it happening IMO

I agree with you 110%. LCA has not played a bad game all year and if hazard makes it that far i believe it will be the game they do and hazard pulls the upset 21 to 14.
bac2369 Wrote:I agree with you 110%. LCA has not played a bad game all year and if hazard makes it that far i believe it will be the game they do and hazard pulls the upset 21 to 14.

Anything is possible and i'd like to see that happen myself, well i'd prefer it be Pikeville beat LCA but this isn't the year for that as much as it kills me to say it lol but I just don't see anyone in class A being able to knock off this LCA team without LCA having injuries at key positions or just playing as flat as possible
the watcher Wrote:Anything is possible and i'd like to see that happen myself, well i'd prefer it be Pikeville beat LCA but this isn't the year for that as much as it kills me to say it lol but I just don't see anyone in class A being able to knock off this LCA team without LCA having injuries at key positions or just playing as flat as possible

I agree as well. I know i heard the QB went out in the last game but i believe he is ok but not positive though. Hazard really will have to get past AC who i think may give them fits with there tough running but i believe hazard can beat AC pretty soundly because hazard is quick to the ball and it seems like AC runningbacks are not that fast but i may be wrong.
bac2369 Wrote:I agree as well. I know i heard the QB went out in the last game but i believe he is ok but not positive though. Hazard really will have to get past AC who i think may give them fits with there tough running but i believe hazard can beat AC pretty soundly because hazard is quick to the ball and it seems like AC runningbacks are not that fast but i may be wrong.

Hm if this is so and it keeps him out of any big games then they may possibly be upset, losing a QB during playoffs for a small school is almost always a season ender
& I agree with that statement as well, at first I think Hazard may have trouble stopping the crowder twins but as the game goes on I think Hazard will have the twins cornered, & I also think AC can stop Hazards running game if they are tough up front, but its Hazards passing game & overall team speed that will get AC in the end, AC will have to drop there secondary back almost 5-10 yards a play if they want to be able stop Hazards passing game
the watcher Wrote:Hm if this is so and it keeps him out of any big games then they may possibly be upset, losing a QB during playoffs for a small school is almost always a season ender
& I agree with that statement as well, at first I think Hazard may have trouble stopping the crowder twins but as the game goes on I think Hazard will have the twins cornered, & I also think AC can stop Hazards running game if they are tough up front, but its Hazards passing game & overall team speed that will get AC in the end, AC will have to drop there secondary back almost 5-10 yards a play if they want to be able stop Hazards passing game

True statement.
If Hazard makes it far enough to play LCA that means they will have played 3 straight playoff games on their turf. They better find a good muddy place to practice because LCA has a slick muddy field that has hurt Hazard everytime they have played there.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:If Hazard makes it far enough to play LCA that means they will have played 3 straight playoff games on their turf. They better find a good muddy place to practice because LCA has a slick muddy field that has hurt Hazard everytime they have played there.

This is true, it always seems its almost impossible for Hazard to beat LCA at LCA, but it can be done, but i do agree they better find a nice mud hole to practice in the entire week if they make it to play LCA
Is there any definate word on Witt(LCAs QB)? He does alot of big things for the Eagles. He only throws about 8 times a game. But usually throws for almost 200 yards on this 8 throws. If you take him away teams can load 8 and 9 guys in the box more confidently to stop Hayden.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Is there any definate word on Witt(LCAs QB)? He does alot of big things for the Eagles. He only throws about 8 times a game. But usually throws for almost 200 yards on this 8 throws. If you take him away teams can load 8 and 9 guys in the box more confidently to stop Hayden.

True true, if there QB is out for playoffs it may be an early out for LCA, and early being eithier the region or semi-final game that is
I really don't know that much about the WKY teams but of the teams i do know of i am really interested in the 1A playoffs!

I am looking forward to what i think we be a great Quarterfinal matchup between Hazard and Pikeville! It should be a really good and close game but i do think that Hazard will win the game but Pikeville does have the experince by playin some of the states top teams during the regular season to pull off and upset! And this leads me into my next matchup that i am looking forward too!
With Hazard IMO winning their Quarterfinal matchup that will put them up against LCA in the semifinals of the 1A playoffs. Now this will deffinetly be a big challenge for Hazard and i think this is where there run at a championship will come to an end but, i think that it will provide for a good game. If Hazard plays like i now they can i do think there's a chance they could upset LCA! I don't about anyone else but i would love to see that happen and if it did that would be another EKY team represented in Bowling Green!
LCA is going to bring it home to Lex!!! Go Eagles!!!