Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central KY, Northern KY, or Louisville Metro? Who has more Contenders?
Same as East vs West Thread. Who do you feel has the best football and amount of possible state championship contenders. Came up with 5 from NKY, 8 from CKY, and 8 from Lousville Metro.

CKY -- LCA, Lex. Catholic, Boyle Co, Anderson Co., Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Scott Co, George Rogers Clark

NKY -- Beechwood, Bellevue, NCC, Highlands, Simon Kenton

Louisville Metro -- CAL, DeSales, Western, Oldham Co., St. X, Trinity, Male, Shelby Co.
What about EKY? We have contenders too!
I started a thread of East vs. West as well. Look below.
I'd have to say NKY.

Year in and year out,, the 1A, 2A, and 5A titles are going to run through NKY with Beechwood, Newcath, and Highlands.

iin 6a, the NKY schools have slowly starteed to close the gap between them and the Lex/Lou. schools.
I agree. Year in and year out NKY is probably the toughest area in the state. Looking at this year, I was kind of suprised though that they had fewer "contenders" than the others.
EJJAGS Wrote:I agree. Year in and year out NKY is probably the toughest area in the state. Looking at this year, I was kind of suprised though that they had fewer "contenders" than the others.

Its somewhat of a down year for most of NKY football. However, with that being said, they are still very good as compared to other areas of the state and can still compete. They just aren't as dominate this year as they have been in years past.
Highlands is pretty much a lock for this year. The only way they don't win is if they bet themselves.

If it was not for the dominance of 6A football in Louisville, Simon Kenton would be a legitimate threat for a championship.

Beechwood is not a good a last year, but they are legitimate favorite to make the final 4.

NCC - I just don't see enough diversity on the offensive side of the ball. However, they have a great rushing attack with Kelly and Highchew. They can make the finals, but would come up short to FC when they do play each other.
Although I think this year is a down year overall for them, Northern Kentucky usually has the most teams in different classes competing for a state title.