Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scott
8.33%
Simon Kenton
91.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton @ Scott 10/30
thoughts? This game hasn't been played recently between the two Kenton County school district teams.
Poor Scott. They go from one frying pan to another to close the season. I think both teams should be looking ahead to the first round playoff game the following week and doing their best to stay healthy. Simon Kenton should win this one big and early.
This is a big rivalry game for each school as alot of these kids play each other in many sports. In general, these schools play each other extremely close throughout the year however this won't be one of those games as SK is much more dominant in football.
Simon Kenton by 40+
I am going out on a limb and I hope I dont fall off. But I think this game is going to be closer then most of you will perdict.
It is supposed to rain. I forsee them giving Miles and Chad a few snaps on offense, but through the 1st Q and that will likely be the last of the Offensive snaps that they see. I do see Miles playing safety into the 2nd half though
SK will win easy, with the way Miles Simpson run's the ball, SK will be hard to beat.:Clap:
Id say rain or shine starters will be in the game till the half. Then the same as last week. Alot of the kids that dont get playing time in JV and varsity will be in.
Just that thought - for those of you who buy into the open enrollment is the down fall of Scott (I don't) - doesn't SK have to bury Scott on friday night to help convince students to choose SK over Scott? Dixie beat Scott by 44 so doesn't SK have to the same or better? Does the open enrollment factor play the game
Open Enrollment does play as a factor in terms of the talent available at Scott and you are blind if you think otherwise. Sure it isn't the only reason that Scott isn't that great at football but its really a big contributing factor.
I do not believe that it is that big a factor. There were several people who were in SK district that went to Scott instead. Faris and Mangold both went there for football. Mangold can no longer play and came back to SK. I do not believe SK has any big names players that do not live in their district right now. Not to say people wont start sending them but who nows.
neerfan Wrote:I do not believe that it is that big a factor. There were several people who were in SK district that went to Scott instead. Faris and Mangold both went there for football. Mangold can no longer play and came back to SK. I do not believe SK has any big names players that do not live in their district right now. Not to say people wont start sending them but who nows.
Both schools pull from Summitview. If you believe the hype over open enrollment. This game is a recuitment game. This is a game SK must win big and not even give the impression that Scott was in it
^ I don't agree with that anymore. You ask anyone from that area (I work with a lot of them) and they will tell you that Summit View is a feeder for Simon Kenton. SK has been recognized as THE football school. That won't change with the departure of Miles. The better players (Starters or committed to Football) will choose SK. Scott, just like in the past few years will get the kids who want to play, but see themselves playing behind the better players if they go to SK. This game won't change that. Marksbury is such a great salesman, he has convinced the kids at Summit View and the South Kenton NKYFL teams, that SK is the place to be.
Stardust Wrote:^ I don't agree with that anymore. You ask anyone from that area (I work with a lot of them) and they will tell you that Summit View is a feeder for Simon Kenton. SK has been recognized as THE football school. That won't change with the departure of Miles. The better players (Starters or committed to Football) will choose SK. Scott, just like in the past few years will get the kids who want to play, but see themselves playing behind the better players if they go to SK. This game won't change that. Marksbury is such a great salesman, he has convinced the kids at Summit View and the South Kenton NKYFL teams, that SK is the place to be.
It's about 75% to 25% of kids going to SK and to Scott. Coach Marksbury is a salesman and needs to convincing win on friday night.
SK by at least 50 in this one with starters in till the 3rd quarter
I look for SK to win this easily something like 48-0.
I do not believe that he has had to sell anything to anyone. It sells itself and the majority from both Twenhofel and Summit are in SK district. Woodland is the feeder school for Scott, get a good feeder program and build a good program in the next level. That is what has happened in Independence. 3 good feeders going to the same high school works. When the coaching staff left Summit for Scott it hurt Summit but Cline started a good program at Twenhofel followed but Funke taking over has and will be good for SK. Dont know much about South Kenton but they have also had some good athletes come to SK. Most of this taking place in the time SK and Scott did not play each other.
SK by as many as they want.
Breakdown for Summit view is 80% SK, 15% Dixie and 5% Scott for this year.

Next years 6th grade class will be 100% district SK.
SK rolls in this one. It wouldn't surprise me to see them put 70 on the board but I think they take it easy on the Eagles.

SK 56
Scott 7
kywldcat01 Wrote:SK rolls in this one. It wouldn't surprise me to see them put 70 on the board but I think they take it easy on the Eagles.

SK 56
Scott 7
70 would be historic. Last week Highland scoring 67 was the most ever scored on Scott.
nky Wrote:70 would be historic. Last week Highland scoring 67 was the most ever scored on Scott.
:eyeroll:after further review the most scored was 72 points in 1998 by Highlands:omg:
nky Wrote:70 would be historic. Last week Highland scoring 67 was the most ever scored on Scott.

Has any team faced tougher back to back weeks in nky?

Scott has faced Highlands and SK the past two weeks. Highlands #1 in 5a and possibly the whole state while SK is #3 in 6A and probably top 5-7 in the state.
Simon Kenton
kywldcat01 Wrote:Has any team faced tougher back to back weeks in nky?

Scott has faced Highlands and SK the past two weeks. Highlands #1 in 5a and possibly the whole state while SK is #3 in 6A and probably top 5-7 in the state.
Scott plays in a tough district and chose to play SK
SK should win this game and I'm sure it will prepare them well going into the playoffs. It's hard to believe they couldn't have stepped up a little and scheduled someone a little tougher. Oh well the numbers will look good I guess.