Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud Grandparents
from todays sunday daily independent

Proud grandparents

There are several grandparents in the area who have some reason to brag about their football-playing grandchildren who live away from here but still in Kentucky.

‰Casey Robinson, grandson of Roger and Margie Robinson, is a star running back for Bethlehem High School in Bardstown. He’s had several multiple-touchdown games for the Class A school.

‰Mike Burchett, grandson of Earl Heffner, is the quarterback for the Prestonsburg Blackcats. Burchett has completed 104 of 161 passes for 1,749 yards and 19 touchdowns for the 8-0 Blackcats. He also rushed for 299 yards and seven TDs.

‰Zach Hester, grandson of Diane Greene and the late Bert Greene, is a sophomore starter for undefeated Boyle County. Zach has scored three touchdowns, according to his grandmother. His father, Jeff Hester, is an assistant coach on the Boyle staff.
Nice tidbits of info.... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Hmm, I'm guessing that every player has a grandparent out there. So, my hats off to ALL GRANDPARENT's of a football player.
For anyone who don't know the daily independent is an Ashland area paper and was talking about grandparents from around the Ashland area who had grandsons playing and making big impacts for their team in other areas of the state.
Ok, that's clears it up, because this thread didn't seem to make much sense
Stardust Wrote:Ok, that's clears it up, because this thread didn't seem to make much sense

That why I mentioned it being an Ashland area paper because I figured out you didn't know know that after seeing your response.