Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central to 4A 2010?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That line of thinking doesn't always work.

Remember two years ago that Johnson Central absolutely humiliated Central. Then Belfry beat Johnson Central. I would say you very well remember what happened next. Central beat Belfry badly for the state championship.

How teams matchup usually determine game outcomes, more than the analogy that you are using.

I am normally right with ya Mr. Kimball, but Breathitt got beat bad by Central, not Belfry. 27-17 is far from "badly", and when you consider the Pirates had it first and goal from the Central 9 with under 6 minutes to go and trailing 21-17, you see just how close it was. Breathitt played Central good the first 24 minutes, then the 'Cats got wore out the second half.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I beg to differ.

Boyle, Bell, Lexington Catholic, Lone Oak and possibly a few more would beat any team in 3A except for Central right now IMO.

1A & 3A are neck and neck for the weakest classes in KHSAA.

Key words...............right now.
bucslover68 Wrote:I am normally right with ya Mr. Kimball, but Breathitt got beat bad by Central, not Belfry. 27-17 is far from "badly", and when you consider the Pirates had it first and goal from the Central 9 with under 6 minutes to go and trailing 21-17, you see just how close it was. Breathitt played Central good the first 24 minutes, then the 'Cats got wore out the second half.
Yeah, your absolutely right. I guess the score in the finals was not as one-sided as I thought. Thanks for clarifying. :Thumbs:

I still think you understand where I was coming from. I just think that most would have assumed that because Belfry beat JC after JC man handled Central that Belfry would in turn beat Central just as bad, or probably worse. I still think a lot of times a games outcome comes right down to exactly how two opponents match up with each other rarther than what a W/L result is of common opponents, to determine an outcome of another game. Anyways, I hope I'm making sense on that. Maybe I'm stumbling around on trying to say what I'm meaning.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Teams are just as good "out west" as they are in "the mountains."

:please:
William Muney Wrote::please:

ditto, ditto ,ditto,lol,:please:, there not
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I highly doubt that Central is afraid of Bell County considering they play teams that would beat Bell County.

very true there not scared:please:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah, your absolutely right. I guess the score in the finals was not as one-sided as I thought. Thanks for clarifying. :Thumbs:

I still think you understand where I was coming from. I just think that most would have assumed that because Belfry beat JC after JC man handled Central that Belfry would in turn beat Central just as bad, or probably worse. I still think a lot of times a games outcome comes right down to exactly how two opponents match up with each other rarther than what a W/L result is of common opponents, to determine an outcome of another game. Anyways, I hope I'm making sense on that. Maybe I'm stumbling around on trying to say what I'm meaning.

i know exactly what you mean. I have seen very few instances where "we played them and beat them and they beat you so we're gonna beat you" thinking ever works out.
bucslover68 Wrote:i know exactly what you mean. I have seen very few instances where "we played them and beat them and they beat you so we're gonna beat you" thinking ever works out.

i say central didnt show much because they knew that belfry played jc later in year and that they would prob meet them in the finals
All schools are eligible for reclassification after the 2010 season...I believe there will be some movement but I don't think Central would be one of them. I have heard that because Shawnee will be a K-12 magnet school that they are going to 1A. Central although they have 900+ students right at 300 are boys so I doubt they will be moving to 4A. I also think that they would be competative versus 4A competition
Central has 350 boys.
cuppett777 Wrote:i say central didnt show much because they knew that belfry played jc later in year and that they would prob meet them in the finals

Maybe.

Honestly I think they were more "shell shocked" than anything. I dont think they were expecting the physical pounding that JC gave them. This game could have even been more lopsided than what the score was, had Matney wanted to pour it on .

I think that in the Belfry game, the element of surprise was over when it came to that aspect. They had to know that Belfry would come out and be just as agressive as JC was. This time the difference was they had a little time to prepare for it and adjust. That's my theory.
I also think the long bus trip took something out of Central that night. Alot of those boys had never been much further than Lexington, let alone a nearly 5 hour bus trip to a remote area of Kentucky.

Making the trip to Louisville for the State Finals takes alot out of a team and they have the chance to spend the night. Leaving on a school day and having to suit up that night is a completely different animal.

I just know that JC pounding Central was the worst thing that could happen to a very good, yet very confident, Belfry team. That Belfry team was a victory away from nearly everyone proclaiming them the greatest Pirate team of all-time. They had went the entire season without trailing a single time and the varsity defense went over half the season without allowing a point on them. The Pirates clearly came in a little too confident and when Central showed them they could play physical as well it shocked Belfry. Nonetheless, Belfry should have still won that game but the INT for a TD before the half and the fumble inside the 10 yard line spelled doom.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I also think the long bus trip took something out of Central that night. Alot of those boys had never been much further than Lexington, let alone a nearly 5 hour bus trip to a remote area of Kentucky.

Making the trip to Louisville for the State Finals takes alot out of a team and they have the chance to spend the night. Leaving on a school day and having to suit up that night is a completely different animal.

I just know that JC pounding Central was the worst thing that could happen to a very good, yet very confident, Belfry team. That Belfry team was a victory away from nearly everyone proclaiming them the greatest Pirate team of all-time. They had went the entire season without trailing a single time and the varsity defense went over half the season without allowing a point on them. The Pirates clearly came in a little too confident and when Central showed them they could play physical as well it shocked Belfry. Nonetheless, Belfry should have still won that game but the INT for a TD before the half and the fumble inside the 10 yard line spelled doom.
Remote area?, we're talking metropolitan Paintsville, not Belfry.:biggrin:

Uh, with the roads I take to Louisville, it just takes about 2 hrs and 45 min. I assume Central took the same roads to get to Paintsville.

Heck I can remember the time when it could take an hour and a half to just get from Belfry to Pikeville, depending on the coal truck situation on 119.