Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 2010
thoughts on the upcoming season for the Lawrence County Bulldogs?

Mar 22, 10 Sheldon Clark away 5:30 PM

Mar 23, 10
East Carter home 6:00 PM

Mar 27, 10
Lexington Catholic away 2:00 PM

Mar 30, 10
West Carter away 6:00 PM

Mar 31, 10
Magoffin County home 6:00 PM

Apr 1, 10
Greenup County home 6:00 PM

Apr 4, 10
TBA (at Ft. Walton Beach, FL) Florida Baseball Beach Bash

Apr 5, 10

Apr 6, 10

Apr 8, 10

Apr 9, 10

Apr 13, 10 Pike County Central away 6:00 PM

Apr 14, 10
Allen Central home 6:00 PM

Apr 16, 10
Wayne, WV home 5:00 PM KY-WV Spring Classic

Apr 17, 10 Lexington Catholic home 11:00 AM KY-WV Spring Classic

Apr 17, 10 Capital, WV home 6:00 PM KY-WV Spring Classic

Apr 23, 10
Dixie Heights (at Harrison County) 6:15 PM Harrison County/Frank Shoop/Applebee’s Classic

Apr 24, 10
Greenup County (at Harrison County) 12:30 PM Harrison County/Frank Shoop/Applebee’s Classic

Apr 27, 10
Belfry away 6:00 PM

Apr 29, 10
Paintsville away 6:00 PM

Apr 30, 10
Perry County Central home 7:00 PM

May 1, 10
Powell County 2:30 PM

May 1, 10
Hazard away 12:00 PM

May 4, 10
Johnson Central away 7:00 PM

May 6, 10
Greenup County away 6:00 PM

May 7, 10
East Ridge home 7:00 PM

May 8, 10
Ashland Blazer home 11:00 AM

May 11, 10
Pike County Central home 6:00 PM

May 12, 10
Pikeville home 6:00 PM

May 13, 10
Belfry home 6:00 PM Bulldog Classic

May 15, 10
Harrison County home 11:00 AM Bulldog Classic

May 15, 10 Boyd County home 6:30 PM Bulldog Classic

May 18, 10 Paintsville home 6:00 PM

May 19, 10
Prestonsburg home 6:00 PM

May 20, 10
West Carter home 6:00 PM

May 21, 10
Montgomery County away 6:00 PM

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=31649
I think the Bulldogs will be very good this coming year. Alot rides on how Chandler recovers from surgery also.
Chandler won't be pitching at all until summer of 2010.
If everyone remembers back in 08 after loosing the heartbreaker to PRP and with us loosing all of those seniors no one really expected much out of the 09 team (including me). The kids worked hard in the winter and made us believers last spring. I think this is the same situation. They know they are without chandler, and believe this group of boys will come out and work even harder to compensate for the loss of their ACE. Cody, Tate, And Sam is gonna have to step it up. Chandler has a great bat and will be ready to play ball. IMO you take Shane, Chandler, Jordan, and Tate then you've got the best top 4 in the region! Throw in Ramsey, Sam, and Cody at 5 6 7 and you've got a pretty good line up. The boys will just have to get tougher on D, and cut down on errors. They will be just fine. Lets go back to APPLEBEES!!!
I think they can make it back to applebees, but the its going to be a rougher trip than it has been the past 2 years, especialyl without chandler playing.
They will have a good season this year.I look for the dawgs to make it back to applebees..
They will have trouble withouth chandler. Cody is a solid pitcher and Sam has the potential to be, but potential doesn't prove anything til you show it. They still have the toughest schedule in the region and that will help them come post season. That is what really puts them above teams year in year out. If more teams took on that type of competition every year then you wouldn't have people only talking about Lawrence County every year. Johnson Central use to have that type of schedule but they have watered theirs down over the years. Unless Pikeville can find some solid post season pitching then I look for Lawrence to take the region again this year for the 3rd straight title. Unfortunately, with their ace down for the year i'm not sure if they will have the pitching to go back to Applebees. Cody has a lot on his shoulders this year and I think he'll do well, but he's only one guy and the others have yet to prove themselves.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:They will have trouble withouth chandler. Cody is a solid pitcher and Sam has the potential to be, but potential doesn't prove anything til you show it. They still have the toughest schedule in the region and that will help them come post season. That is what really puts them above teams year in year out. If more teams took on that type of competition every year then you wouldn't have people only talking about Lawrence County every year. Johnson Central use to have that type of schedule but they have watered theirs down over the years. Unless Pikeville can find some solid post season pitching then I look for Lawrence to take the region again this year for the 3rd straight title. Unfortunately, with their ace down for the year i'm not sure if they will have the pitching to go back to Applebees. Cody has a lot on his shoulders this year and I think he'll do well, but he's only one guy and the others have yet to prove themselves.
They've actually changed the state tournament format this coming season. Now all 16 regional champions will be participating in the actual tournament. Semi state games have been eliminated starting this year.