Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hottest Teams in the Mountains
mcglone05 Wrote:i agree guys. But i really believe that raceland is the best team in the good ol mountains.

who ?
raceland may be good, but they are not one of the best in the mountains. they are in northern greenup county anyways is that the mountains? i think not.
After reading some of the post I am going to post my opinion. There are several teams i consider a pretty hot right now.

Prestonsburg- By far one of the hottest teams in the mountains. They lost quite a bit of talent last year and wasnt expected to be as good this year but they are living up to expectations and even further. Big wins over Belfry and Breathitt and i believe they have a good chance to run the table and have a perfect 10-0 season going into the playoffs. But If they dont go 10-0 its not going to break them because they play a real good Sheldon Clark team. The players for P-burg are stepping up great and showing the heart it takes to win.

North Laurel- A team that just believes they cant get beat and starting the season 3-0 and beating some very good teams and proving they belong with the contenders in 5A. Even though i believe there luck runs out as they will be over matched with corbin but once again it doesnt break there season. Adrian Wardrup has been phenominial for NL in there wins and i expect him to step up and carry this team as i believe its going to be a long hard fought season for them.

Lawerance Co- I dont know much about them but if i am not mistaking they hadnt won a game in 2 years but they are turning heads now. Lawerence should have an excellent rest of the season as i believe there only challenge will be a team out of state in Winfield. So Teams in Lawerances way will need to watch out.

There are several other teams making noise and they are Letcher Central, Perry Central, Hazard.
Lawrence
and
Prestonsburg are the hottest teams.

Lawrence is coming off an 0-10 season, and is undefeated, and prestonsburg has had the toughest 2A schedule so far, and still hasnt lost.

As for mountain teams, basically you have to look at the WYMT coverage area, but Rockastle and Pulaski are not mountain teams, if a team is covered by WKYT every week, they shouldnt be on the mountain top 10, Asland and Boyd Co have more a mountain terrain then those central Ky schools.
BCF4L Wrote:I also have to say Lawrence Co. There has been plenty of talk that LC may be pretty good this year, but I don't think anyone really expected them to knock off Sheldon Clark. For a team that lost every game they played in last year, and to be undefeated so far this season against the competition they have played, there is no question they are the hottest team in the mountains.

I agree 100 percent, Im not being bias at all even if I am a LC alum! but I say they have to be the hottest team in the mountains, they have only won 3 games in the past 3 years, and they are already off to a 2-0 start and knocking off the number 2 team in 3a according to last week, It was a huge win for Lawrence County and the only other team i seeing competeing with them is rowan county, I honestly sont see Lawrence losing til' the playoffs
McGlone05 Wrote:I agree guys. But I really believe that raceland is the best team in the good ol mountains.

I do not consider them a mountain team but even if they were, lets look at their season.

Beat Boyd County by 1 pt who has lost to both Belfry and Pike Central

Got shutout by Ashland

Lost to Fleming County.

Now that is a good resume to be considered the best team of anyplace:lmao:
Bell is by far the hottest team in the mountains... Yea they lost to alcoa but they are the number 1 team in the Tennessee.. Bell dont lose anymore games rest of the season.. BELL #1:rockon:
My definition of a mountain team......If they had to cut out a rock face of a mountain. to build your stadium...you are a mountain team. If the sun only shines on your field 2 hours of the day...then you are a mountain team. I figure anywhere south of louisa would be considered a mountain team..I do however wish ashland would be considered more it that catergory. but like posted before. we are more eastern ky than anything. as far as raceland goes..its flatter there than in ashland and we are only 20 mins. apart.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Lawrence
and
Prestonsburg are the hottest teams.

Lawrence is coming off an 0-10 season, and is undefeated, and prestonsburg has had the toughest 2A schedule so far, and still hasnt lost.

As for mountain teams, basically you have to look at the WYMT coverage area, but Rockastle and Pulaski are not mountain teams, if a team is covered by WKYT every week, they shouldnt be on the mountain top 10, Asland and Boyd Co have more a mountain terrain then those central Ky schools.

Have you ever been to Rockcastle County, theres Mountains every where.
Prestonsburg without a doubt but if Hillard Howard can beat Belfry he will be pulling neck to neck with them! Don't underestimate Hillard & Letcher Co. Cen.!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Here are the counties I think are considered "Mountain".

Look at the link
According to the first paragraph, I quote:
Quote:Mt. Vernon is nestled in the foothills of the Cumberland Mountains...

According to this link
Quote:Welcome to Rockcastle County! Conveniently located on I-75, just 45 miles south of Lexington, Mt. Vernon is nestled in the foothills of the Cumberland Mountains.....[Also] Visit this historic site where the Battle Of Wildcat Mountain took place and walk the trails blazed by Civil War soldiers, many of whom were facing fire for their first time

Also we are in WYMT coverage:biggrin: need I say more?
P-Burg has raised my eyebrows the most this season, i thought this season would be a downfall for them, but i have to say they have proved me wrong.

Lawernce County has also caught my attension.
Sheldon Clark.
and of course Bell.
I have to agree with Elm Street!!!
cougarpride08 Wrote:If the cougars of Letcher Central pulls off a W Friday, you have to say they would be just as hot of a team. Especially next week they have a bye, and then we play PCC.

:Cheerlead
Lawrence co by a mile
I have said Lawrence County was the hottest team in the mountains and im still sticking with it, but I also have to say Prestonburg they have raiseds a bunch of eyebrows this season
I know we havent really had the chance to prove it yet and i dont expect alot of ppl to agree with me but i believe Shelby Valley is a pretty hott team in the mountain right now and hopefully when we play lawrence we will be able to prove that.
log mtn mafia Wrote:What about North Laurel?

North Laurel beat 3 teams that they should have by a combined 11 points. When the 3 teams they played have a combined 3-6 record. And the other teams 3 wins aren't really against the juggernauts of the state.

And the hottest team is Prestonsburg. To beat 2 of the top teams in 3A with a small roster is very impressive.
BelfryPirates Wrote:North Laurel beat 3 teams that they should have by a combined 11 points. When the 3 teams they played have a combined 3-6 record. And the other teams 3 wins aren't really against the juggernauts of the state.

And the hottest team is Prestonsburg. To beat 2 of the top teams in 3A with a small roster is very impressive.
I understand what you're trying to say here, but you can't base a teams performance on their opponents record at this point in the season. If you do that, then you can't call Prestonsburg a hot team because their opponents combined record is 3-6 as well.
BCF4L Wrote:I understand what you're trying to say here, but you can't base a teams performance on their opponents record at this point in the season. If you do that, then you can't call Prestonsburg a hot team because their opponents combined record is 3-6 as well.

Exactly. Throw the records out. That being said, Pburg has won some big games early. Let those opponents play their season out and will be even more impressive what Pburg has done.
And, give North Laurel credit. They have won some big games already. They've done a great job. They have to keep it up though.
Lawrence has the biggest turnaround of any mountain team. Big time change from last year!
Bell is Bell. They don't have to be hot. They just need to be Bell. They have their hands full tomorrow night but in the end they'll be 3-1 in a close game.
BelfryPirates Wrote:North Laurel beat 3 teams that they should have by a combined 11 points. When the 3 teams they played have a combined 3-6 record. And the other teams 3 wins aren't really against the juggernauts of the state.

You seriously believe that Pulaski County and Knox Central who were regional runners up were the under dog to a North Laurel team who hasn't won 10 games in 10 years? North Laurel's opponents have only lost 2 out of 3 games, and 1 of those was to North and the other to Somerset, Somerset has beaten both teams also by a slim margin who is also 3-0. Knox Central and Pulaski County are tops in thier class.
Have to go with Pburg and Lawrence Co. as of right now. I mean losing basically the whole team from last year and only coming back out with 28 players who thought they would be 3-0 with wins over Belfry and Breathitt "AT" Breathitt Co. And for Lawrence Co. I dont think they won a game last year someone correct me if im wrong and start the year 2-0 and put up 36 points in a nice win over a good Sheldon Clark team who held Breathitt scoreless a week before. And of course i think you could throw Bell, LCC, NL, and a few other teams in there but IMO PBurg and LC are above the rest at the moment.