Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Co. 45 Powell Co. 26
Congrats Cougars!
Congrats to Morgan co.
They broke Morgan's 22 game losing streak last night. This was a tremendous start to the rebuilding process for a new staff and young team. I bet M.C.defense(former d.cord for Powell last year) is happy today! I predicted this one.
I didn't see this one coming. It appears to be an upset. Good job Cougars.
Congrats MC, Don't blame ya for taken what people give you. Powell was obiously not ready. Just as they started to get in the groove, took a huge blow by losing the quarterback. Refs missed alot of calls. But none the less this was and easy win for Powell, but jus didnt want it.
Congrats MC
Wow, nice win for MC
Congrats Cougars!! You deserve the win after last weeks defeat.
Ky313 Wrote:Congrats MC, Don't blame ya for taken what people give you. Powell was obiously not ready. Just as they started to get in the groove, took a huge blow by losing the quarterback. Refs missed alot of calls. But none the less this was and easy win for Powell, but jus didnt want it.
I was told Morgan had nearly 500 yards offense against the pirates and held the pirates to 130 yards offense. I believe the stats are posted on the KHSAA website.
The pirates beat the cougars by 50 last year, BIG turnaround for Morgan co.
Bigger turn around for Powell co. in the wrong direction. Sounds like Powell has no defense at all. Good luck rest of the season pirates.
what type of offense does morgan run?
Strikeout King Wrote:what type of offense does morgan run?
Mike Jones' double wing.
Congrats on the upset win Morgan County! Did someone say they had 500+ yards of offense! WOW
Awesome job on getting that win.
Lucky13 Wrote:Mike Jones' double wing.

Thanks. i thought so.
It seemed to me that Powell wasn't ready for this game. They didn't know how to handle the offense Morgan was running. Powell was moving the ball by passing it. Austin Johnson stepped up big time and made some nice grabs. But it hurt them when Elliot got hurt. Congrats to Morgan on a good win. Keep your heads up Powell.
Congrats to the cougars on the win. Keep your heads up pirates. Fugates defense kept them on thier heels putting pressure on the qb all night long. Was some missed calls but was a game to watch. It was 28-20 at the half with Morgan leading then Morgan controlled the line of scrimmage and took it from there. This should b fuel to the fire for the pirates going into lewis county. Keep your heads up guys your young but got talent just gotta believe in each other and play as one. Morgan keep the winning streak going.
Missing alot of defensive players.
F.N.L. Wrote:I was told Morgan had nearly 500 yards offense against the pirates and held the pirates to 130 yards offense. I believe the stats are posted on the KHSAA website.
I post the stats on KHSAA. I haven't even posted them yet. That is NOT the truth. Taulbee had 217 himself. I thought I told you that Monday on the phone?
??????
I am sorry blitz, I was in attendance at another drubbing, not the one in Morgan.
what does drop the pirates to on the season?
fooseballer1 Wrote:what does drop the pirates to on the season?

1-1 (23-0 Win over Jackson County Aug. 28)
congrats MC...i knew that coach fugate would have that mc defense ready...hes an excellent coach...i was lucky enough to play for him....i agree with mr perfect in saying that both teams had a big turn around from last season....and protect this house 26 is correct by saying that powell just wasnt ready for the game...they came in with big heads and got beat...its that simple..keep ur heads up powell
How do we start blaming the admin. because of a loss to Morgan? is my question.
I'd be blaming whoever is running the D. Monroe Jones is not the D cord. that I know of. The only thing you can blame the admin. for is not doing what it took to keep Whitaker.
your right mr.perfect but they should have kept whitaker...that was wat i meant
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:congrats MC...i knew that coach fugate would have that mc defense ready...hes an excellent coach...i was lucky enough to play for him....i agree with mr perfect in saying that both teams had a big turn around from last season....and protect this house 26 is correct by saying that powell just wasnt ready for the game...they came in with big heads and got beat...its that simple..keep ur heads up powell
We got beat cause we didn't play very well. Not cause of the big head. How can anyone get the big head from beating Jackson?
well thats wat happened....some of the current players beleive that wins will just come to them...they wont....you have to earn every w whether its a talented team or not.....i talked to several players leading up to this game and they all said that this would be an easy w....they underestimated morgan co...and like you said..this may not be the morgan from the past few years....they have improved and they got the w....i want powell to win every game..dont think that im someone out to trash talk powell...i picked powell to win this...but the boys didnt show up to play
Its easy when you have a good year to have a big head when you beat the same opponent the previous year. Even with a big head you still play the game. If you play bad you play bad. Thats what i hear happened. Keep your heads up, and get em next week.
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:well thats wat happened....some of the current players beleive that wins will just come to them...they wont....you have to earn every w whether its a talented team or not.....i talked to several players leading up to this game and they all said that this would be an easy w....they underestimated morgan co...and like you said..this may not be the morgan from the past few years....they have improved and they got the w....i want powell to win every game..dont think that im someone out to trash talk powell...i picked powell to win this...but the boys didnt show up to play

This has been Powell's problem for a while, IMO (besides the current AD, who is the biggest problem in Powell). But, there's no reason why Powell can't be a Belfry or Breathitt, except so many of them expect things to be handed to them. I don't think it's necessarily their fault entirely, tho. They've never had a level of discipline brought to them like Belfry and Breathitt have. Then, there are exceptions to all the rules and the AD does things like bring the news crew out to target one player. These problems have brought down this program again and again. Seems like they can't get ahead no matter how hard they try. Good luck Pirates! Work hard and you can accomplish anything you want! :Cheerlead
good post team mom...i agree with everything you say