Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 54 Boone Co 32 Frosh Final
The Rebels struck first going up 8-0 on a nice sustained drive to open the game but after that it was all Highlands. The Birds jumped ahead and never looked back leading at halftime 34 to 8. Led by the strong running of Jac Collinsworth, the speedy running back and younger brother of Division 1 prospect and All State Player Austin Collinsworth. Jac goes about 5'11 150lbs and resembles his father when running away from defenders. Collinsworth scored 3 first half TD's and Donovan McCoy the strong armed lefthanded QB had another outstanding game connecting on several long pass plays. His main target was David Christian the 6'0 150lb wideout who burned the Rebel secondary twice for 40+ yrd receptions.

The Bird offensive line played very well and were for the most part mistake free. The Defense was led by McCoy a 2 way starter at LB and also DL jehad Henderson, LB Cam Pangallo and OLB Blake Schutte.

The cupboard is certainly not going bare in Fort Thomas these days. Expect this freshman class to develop and become future state championship contenders.
qryche11 Wrote:The Rebels struck first going up 8-0 on a nice sustained drive to open the game but after that it was all Highlands. The Birds jumped ahead and never looked back leading at halftime 34 to 8. Led by the strong running of Jac Collinsworth, the speedy running back and younger brother of Division 1 prospect and All State Player Austin Collinsworth. Jac goes about 5'11 150lbs and resembles his father when running away from defenders. Collinsworth scored 3 first half TD's and Donovan McCoy the strong armed lefthanded QB had another outstanding game connecting on several long pass plays. His main target was David Christian the 6'0 150lb wideout who burned the Rebel secondary twice for 40+ yrd receptions.

The Bird offensive line played very well and were for the most part mistake free. The Defense was led by McCoy a 2 way starter at LB and also DL jehad Henderson, LB Cam Pangallo and OLB Blake Schutte.

The cupboard is certainly not going bare in Fort Thomas these days. Expect this freshman class to develop and become future state championship contenders.

Nice and accurate summary of the game. I was very impressed with the Highlands players. Strong running game, strong O line play, strong qb and strong receivers. About all you could ask for out of the O.

D played very well too. A lot of Boone's points were scored when they kept their starting frosh O in but Highlands had substituted liberally on D. Having said that, Boone has two strong tailbacks that both ran the ball hard and well. Game may have been closer had Boone not fumbled the ball so much at the beginning of the game. With those two tailbacks, don't look for Boone to change its style of offense in the upcoming years. They ran a steady diet of slam and slam g; and the occasional slam pass, which was set up very nicely.
Will Jac be playing JV
I doubt he plays JV at all this year unless the Frosh season is over and there are games left. Charlie22, not a bad summary for only watching 2 qtrs and talking to a father of a player after game so glad I was pretty accurate.

Highlands doesnt have to rush any players to the JV level just yet. They will face tough enough competition on the freshman level playing the big schools. The Boone Co team was absolutely huge. I walked by the bench and many of the kids were as big or bigger than me and I go about 6'2 215 on a good day : ).

I thoughth their backs were pretty fast and they shot themselves in the foot but that has a lot to do with the Birds laying some good hits on them and forcing fumbles.

The problem with Boone Co and its always been a problem is that they are predictable and you can pretty much stack 10 or 11 in the box and shoot the gaps on them to cut them down in their tracks.