Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montgomery County 2010
thoughts on the upcoming season for the Montgomery County Indians???

Mar 22, 10 Rowan County away 5:30 PM

Mar 24, 10
Estill County away 5:00 PM

Mar 26, 10
Campbellsville away 8:00 PM Purple Pride Leadoff Classic

Mar 27, 10 South Laurel (at Campbellsville) 4:45 PM Purple Pride Leadoff Classic

Mar 29, 10
Madison Central away 5:30 PM

Apr 13, 10
Paris away 5:00 PM

Apr 14, 10
Madison Southern home 5:30 PM

Apr 16, 10
West Jessamine (at Rockcastle County) 7:30 PM Rockcastle County Invitational

Apr 17, 10 Rockcastle County away 6:00 PM Rockcastle County Invitational

Apr 19, 10
George Rogers Clark home 5:30 PM

Apr 26, 10
Estill County home 5:00 PM

Apr 27, 10
Woodford County away 5:30 PM

Apr 29, 10
George Rogers Clark away 5:30 PM

Apr 30, 10
Paris home 5:30 PM

May 3, 10
Fleming County home 5:30 PM

May 7, 10
Johnson Central away 6:00 PM Appalachian Wireless Invitational

May 8, 10
Knott County Central (at Johnson Central) 2:15 PM Appalachian Wireless Invitational

May 8, 10 Belfry (at Johnson Central) 4:30 PM Appalachian Wireless Invitational

May 10, 10
Fleming County away 5:30 PM

May 12, 10 Madison Southern away 5:30 PM

May 14, 10
Madison Central home 5:30 PM

May 15, 10
Johnson Central home 1:00 PM

May 20, 10
Rowan County home 5:30 PM

May 21, 10
Lawrence County home 6:00 PM

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ba10/31681
This may be the strongest schedule Coach Combs has put together in his four years at Montgomery Co. This schedule is not complete, but the only teams listed that should be wins are Paris and Madison Southern. The rest of the teams on this schedule will be in the top five of their respected regions, if not top three. Notable team not listed on the above schedule are; Bryan Station, Bourbon, Cumberland Co and a tournament at Green Co.

MC should have good leadership form this year’s senior class of Combs, Potter, Duzyk, Watkins and Weaver. All returning starter with the exception of Weaver and he started as a sophomore. This year’s senior class has yet to play in regional game and I know they are hungry to get there. I take that back, Potter and Watkins played in a regional game their freshman year. The other four positions will be filled mainly with sophomores and freshman. Freshman Sam Lee (Drew Lee’s little bother) will give MC their third solid starters, plus good speed in center field. Another freshman to make note of is Chas Newkirk, he had a ever productive summer and should carry this over to the spring. MC needs a couple of other kids to step up and give some middle relief or for that matter a fourth starter. A few that come to mind are, Watkins, Curtis and Hall.

MC had some good wins over the summer playing with basically the same team they will have this spring. Notable wins I recall were, Harrison Co., Morehead Post, Lawrence Co., Clark Co. and Greenup Co. Now granted, these were summer teams and not the complete high school lineups, but most of these teams were pretty good teams.

Good luck to all the team this spring as the start of baseball season is fast approaching.
643DP Wrote:This may be the strongest schedule Coach Combs has put together in his four years at Montgomery Co. This schedule is not complete, but the only teams listed that should be wins are Paris and Madison Southern. The rest of the teams on this schedule will be in the top five of their respected regions, if not top three. Notable team not listed on the above schedule are; Bryan Station, Bourbon, Cumberland Co and a tournament at Green Co.

MC should have good leadership form this year’s senior class of Combs, Potter, Duzyk, Watkins and Weaver. All returning starter with the exception of Weaver and he started as a sophomore. This year’s senior class has yet to play in regional game and I know they are hungry to get there. I take that back, Potter and Watkins played in a regional game their freshman year. The other four positions will be filled mainly with sophomores and freshman. Freshman Sam Lee (Drew Lee’s little bother) will give MC their third solid starters, plus good speed in center field. Another freshman to make note of is Chas Newkirk, he had a ever productive summer and should carry this over to the spring. MC needs a couple of other kids to step up and give some middle relief or for that matter a fourth starter. A few that come to mind are, Watkins, Curtis and Hall.

MC had some good wins over the summer playing with basically the same team they will have this spring. Notable wins I recall were, Harrison Co., Morehead Post, Lawrence Co., Clark Co. and Greenup Co. Now granted, these were summer teams and not the complete high school lineups, but most of these teams were pretty good teams.

Good luck to all the team this spring as the start of baseball season is fast approaching.

You can add Danville and Marion to MC schedule, making it a little more stronger.
This schedule should prepare MC for post season.
^ do you all play in the Tanner Dodge Classic @ Powell County???
Strikeout King Wrote:^ do you all play in the Tanner Dodge Classic @ Powell County???

We have the last three or four years, but not this year. Looks like three new teams this year are Estill, Morgan and GRC.
643DP Wrote:We have the last three or four years, but not this year. Looks like three new teams this year are Estill, Morgan and GRC.

reason why i asked is because it shows on maxpreps, that we play you all in the Tanner Dodge Classic. im curious as to who the 3rd team is we play in that.
Strikeout King Wrote:reason why i asked is because it shows on maxpreps, that we play you all in the Tanner Dodge Classic. im curious as to who the 3rd team is we play in that.

According to Riherds Scoreboard Nicholas Co. is also a new team in this tournament, so you guys may play Nicholas Co. I wouldn't think you would play Powell since they are in your District. I'm kinda glad we're not in this tournament this year. Reason, we usually played the teams in this tournament home and away, so by playing in the Tanner Dodge we would end up playing three times. Good tournament, just no need to play a team three times.
643DP Wrote:According to Riherds Scoreboard Nicholas Co. is also a new team in this tournament, so you guys may play Nicholas Co. I wouldn't think you would play Powell since they are in your District. I'm kinda glad we're not in this tournament this year. Reason, we usually played the teams in this tournament home and away, so by playing in the Tanner Dodge we would end up playing three times. Good tournament, just no need to play a team three times.

i don't know who the 3rd team is that we play. they also said that we play in a wood bat tournament this year but the Tanner Dodge Classic is a wood bat tournament, idk if that's the wood bat tournament they was talking about.
Strikeout King Wrote:i don't know who the 3rd team is that we play. they also said that we play in a wood bat tournament this year but the Tanner Dodge Classic is a wood bat tournament, idk if that's the wood bat tournament they was talking about.

Hasn't been in the past, but that may have changed for this year. We're in a wood bat in Green Co. this year. It's not on the schedule you posted, that where we play Danville, Marion and Green Co.
643DP Wrote:Hasn't been in the past, but that may have changed for this year. We're in a wood bat in Green Co. this year. It's not on the schedule you posted, that where we play Danville, Marion and Green Co.

it says on KHSAA Website that this year is a wood bat tourney where each team will get 3 games. now we might still play in another Wood Bat Tourny. id find out if the school would update there website with the schedules.