Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold weather, who does it hurt in tonights game.
Its going to be cold tonight and just wondering if you think it will hurt either Belfry or Sheldon CLark.
I've only watched Belfry in a scrimmage this season and haven't seen Sheldon Clark. But from what I can tell both are power teams. Power teams normally don't have a disadvantage in cold weather.
I agree with you, but Sheldon Clark likes to spread the field a little and throw a little bit more than Belfry.
I think it will have some of a factor on both teams all around. Hard to hold on to the ball, make quicker stutter steps ect... But I think it will put more of a burden on the line hogs. They take a beating all night.
Well if they like to throw some, then I agree it would hamper that a little bit. But at the same time it might hurt the Belfry defense and slow them down when they want to pass and it's that cold. Could result in a big play if someone gets behind the defense. If I would be able to go to a game this week, I'd go to this one. Instead I'll be rooting for Russell to win and go watch whomever they would host (Belfry or Sheldon Clark).
Both teams has practiced in the cold this week, I am sure it wont be that much of a factor. Heck, in '03 it was snowing in Erlanger and the Pirates beat Lloyd Memorial...IMO, mother nature won't be a big deal tonight. Belfry is used to playing in the cold in November and December....we've been here before !!!
I know football is played in cold weather, just wondering how each team would react to the cold, just about every game this year it has been very warm.
It will affect anyone not prone to handling the ball well and the kicking game.
both teams are power loads i dont think that the cold will hurt teams that play in this style....it never has in the past and i cant see why it would start tonight
fox sports Wrote:It will affect anyone not prone to handling the ball well and the kicking game.

Yup, Special teams and turnovers are usually the differences in evenly matched teams.