Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 2009
Coach Maynard always does a great job with the Rebels, any thoughts on the upcoming season ?
Lost a great group of seniors, who returns and who will step up ?
umm i know they have kelsie an jaimie an lee an lots of others they an brittanys sis courtney which was just as good as her so i think they will be really good
Allen Central needs to try an get to the next level. Early in the season they always look awesome but they appear to get worse as the season goes along. They appear to peak to early.
I agree.

They did very great at the beginning of last season.
They beat Belfry once in the Pre-Season Tourny, and again at the Pburg Food City Summer Slam.
They did very well in the All A Tournament, & All A State, and earned victories all throughout the season, then when it came tournament time, they choked.

Strong players to look for this year would be Kelsey Jones, she played alot of varsity as an outside(a very strong hitter & good blocker if she plays middle this year), Leigh Williams(great setter), Rebekah Potter(great defensive player, can pick up anything), and Courtney Hodge is a wonderful all around player who will surely step up this year.
Maynard does do well as a practice coach and the rebels are consistently good every year, but they never get over than hump because they always peak waaaayyyy to early. Maybe he should bring them along slower because losses early in the season dont mean anything in high school sports because all you gotta win is one game baby!! district first round lol
da_expert Wrote:Maynard does do well as a practice coach and the rebels are consistently good every year, but they never get over than hump because they always peak waaaayyyy to early. Maybe he should bring them along slower because losses early in the season dont mean anything in high school sports because all you gotta win is one game baby!! district first round lol

Coach Maynard is a quality person and coach. He get the most out of the players he has. He is always in the top three in the region without having any tall players. I have never known of any players over 5'8" that he has coached. Last years team wasn't very tall or athletic however they did play well together and were good volleyball players. Shorter hitters are very limited to where they can hit the ball. The defense (with taller players) should be able to take certain things away. That is what happens later in the season. He is doing another fine job this season with the players he has.
Tin Cup Wrote:Coach Maynard is a quality person and coach. He get the most out of the players he has. He is always in the top three in the region without having any tall players. I have never known of any players over 5'8" that he has coached. Last years team wasn't very tall or athletic however they did play well together and were good volleyball players. Shorter hitters are very limited to where they can hit the ball. The defense (with taller players) should be able to take certain things away. That is what happens later in the season. He is doing another fine job this season with the players he has.

you are 100% correct... i just think he had the best team in the region last year by far and missed his best chance to get that elusive regional title.
da_expert Wrote:you are 100% correct... i just think he had the best team in the region last year by far and missed his best chance to get that elusive regional title.

They had a good team last year...top two played for the title.
Allen Central did have a very good team last year, as the coach has always prepared his team well to be a contender for the region. However, he along with other teams has run into the same barrier for the past several years "Belfry" "this may change this year with BL on the move". AC game was early in the regional playoff and had they been in the other bracket perhaps could have challenged for the regional championship title again but no one will ever know. Best of luck this year.
Good luck to AC at the All "A" State Tourney. You deserve to be going. Good move on the coaches to start playing number 6. She really made a difference in the tournament. Hope you can hold it together this week playing Betsy Layne and South Floyd. Everyone will get to see some really good volleyball with those games.