Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 2009
What does everyone think can come out of this young program that Brad Allen has inhearited? Iv seen a copy of there 2009 schedule. Its not finialized yet though, and is not in any final order.

Scrimmage:
East Ridge High School Teco Coal Kickoff Classic: vs Breathitt Co.
TBA

Regular Season:
Pike County BowlTonguehelps
Grundy-Home
Lawerence Co-Home
South Floyd-Away
Allen Central-Home
Belfry-Home
Sheldon Clark-Away
Pike Central-Home
Shelby Valley-Away

A game and a bye left too add.

What does everyone think
2 Wins at the most by the look of it.
BelfryPirates Wrote:2 Wins at the most by the look of it.

sounds about right. possibly 3 depending on who they can get in that other spot. losing Bingham and Bentley emptied out their dwindling supply of atheletic kids.
The Warriors usually run at 2-9 or 1-10 so I would estimate the same for the 2009 season as well. The program needs a coach willing to stay for a long time and build, good feeder programs with kids who know what they are doing, and great athletes constantly within the program. East Ridge's big problem is they have boys that are 15-16 years old and have never played before. You can't compete with teams that breed boys that learn to walk with a pigskin in their hands. The feeder schools are just recently getting little league and junior high programs available to all three schools I believe.

There is no more byes. You have ten weeks to play ten games. You may play a game in the zero week but you have to give up one of your scrimmages which then in return u could have a bye week.
Who do the Warriors have coming back in '09? How did their JV/Freshmen teams do this season? Is there a light at the end of tunnel for ER football?
They have a very small senior class.
Brad Allen has a afterschool weightlifting program going on.
Hopefully some incoming freshman will provide some talent.
it dont matter. they still wont win a game. well maybe a couple.
Good Luck In 09
I look for E.R. to win a few more games this season....maybe piling up 4 this coming year. It takes a while for a program to be built, but also they need to give the coach time.....hopefully they will do so. I know the administration is quick on the draw when dropping the axe on a coach.
Angel of Death Wrote:it dont matter. they still wont win a game. well maybe a couple.

Care to explain why you think that? Instead of acting like a child and automatically assuming it.

East Ridge is one of the largest schools in Class 3A they have the numbers. And the majority of those numbers are lifting just about everyday
IRISH4 Wrote:I look for E.R. to win a few more games this season....maybe piling up 4 this coming year. It takes a while for a program to be built, but also they need to give the coach time.....hopefully they will do so. I know the administration is quick on the draw when dropping the axe on a coach.

Exactly what I came here to say. East Ridge will be years in trying to make a tradition like other schools in the region have. How many state titles does Belfry have versus how many years East Ridge has been a school? It all starts with feeder schools and little league programs which are just now starting to develop like they should. East Ridge can never keep a coach long enough to build any sort of program. Like Real Badman said, they HAVE the student body to have a good team but you have to have boys come out that are willing to work hard and learn. A junior or senior playing for the first time is not the way to build a successful program. The administration may be the reason that the school can't keep a coach in ANY program longer than a season or two.

Best of luck to the Warriors! Work hard and leave it all on the field. That is all anyone can ask of you. We'll be out there if you win 2 or 10 guys.

Warrior Schedule 2009

East Ridge High School 2009 Football Schedule
Pike County Bowl-Phelps
Grundy-Home
Lawerence County-Home
TBA
Allen Central-Home
South Floyd-Away
Sheldon Clark-Away
TBA
Pike County Central-Home
Belfry-Home
Shelby Valley-Away
SuperB70 Wrote:Who do the Warriors have coming back in '09? How did their JV/Freshmen teams do this season? Is there a light at the end of tunnel for ER football?

East Ridge lost alot of KEY players. Losing RB/LB Tommy Bingham, OG/LB Payton Ratliff, OT/DT Kyi West, WR/DB Tyler Bently, WR/DB Tyler Pigg, C/DT Matt Kindrick. The Warriors are returning a few starting Juniors for next season. OT/DT Wes Ray and OG/DE Keith May. They also have returning Soph. QB/DB Bryon Casey, Soph. CB/RB//WR Dalton Lewis, Soph. OG/DT Matt Justice, Soph. WR/DB Andrew Ratliff, Soph. RB/DB Patrick Casey, and Freshman RB/LB Michael Stiltner. Thats all I can think of for the moment. The Warrior JV team only went 1-4. Beating Besty Layne and playing close games with Belfry and Pike Central. No Freshman Team
East Ridge will make the playoffs next year. Mark it down..................

Of course since there are only 4 teams in the district they don't have much of a choice. Smile

East Ridge was just plain old BAD last year, and they will more than likley be the same this year. They have no local support, no adminastration support, and lets face it if your pretty good at football and live in the East Ridge area would you go to school there? I wish them the best of luck, but I expect more of the same from East Ridge in years to come. I see nothing from them that looks like a future is being built. Letting Eric Ratliff go was about as big of a mistake as ER could have ever made.
Super-Card Wrote:East Ridge will make the playoffs next year. Mark it down..................

Of course since there are only 4 teams in the district they don't have much of a choice. Smile

East Ridge was just plain old BAD last year, and they will more than likley be the same this year. They have no local support, no adminastration support, and lets face it if your pretty good at football and live in the East Ridge area would you go to school there? I wish them the best of luck, but I expect more of the same from East Ridge in years to come. I see nothing from them that looks like a future is being built. Letting Eric Ratliff go was about as big of a mistake as ER could have ever made.

I dont think the ER Admin let Eric go. From what I was told He coached Football and Basketball in 2006. And the following year, he just decided coaching both was too stressful. He is still the Head Warrior Basketball coach and a full time teacher at ER.
east ridge is now finally starting to turn things around they have started their weight lifting program and have been working really hard from what i heard from one of the teachers at east ridge.they have been in the weight room since a week after the season that goes to show you that the players and the coachs are dedicating there selves to turning things around.
from what i have been hearing is that east ridge has lived in the weight room every since a week after the season ended.
from what i have heard from a teacher at east ridge is that they have dedicated them selves to turning the season around they have been working hard in the weight room to get stonger and faster.thats what its gonna take for them to turn things around.best of luck
They must be working hard in the weight room if 3 posts were dedicated to it.
yeah they are a real young football team that are working hard to change things. one of there leading receivers return andrew ratliff, both starting cornerbacks return. they return wes ray and matt justice. most starters on defense are back and they return a pretty good athlete at qb. so they really arent in too bad of shape for 09 as long as they keep working hard..
What they need is more people in the weight room.
They also need a little more defense from the DE's.
Overall if ER works hard they might have a chance.
why dont they have magoffin on the schedule for.
Is Terry Morgan still affiliated with the program. I played at Elkhorn City with Terry back in the 70's and he had been helping with the team in it's earlier years. Great guy.
SuperB70 Wrote:Is Terry Morgan still affiliated with the program. I played at Elkhorn City with Terry back in the 70's and he had been helping with the team in it's earlier years. Great guy.

Nope Terrys last year was '06 with the Warrior Football Team. Him and Jill are the Warrior Softball coaches though.
underarmor_23 Wrote:why dont they have magoffin on the schedule for.

Magoffin County isnt a district opponent anymore.
Real Badman Wrote:I dont think the ER Admin let Eric go. From what I was told He coached Football and Basketball in 2006. And the following year, he just decided coaching both was too stressful. He is still the Head Warrior Basketball coach and a full time teacher at ER.

He was let go the 1st time he was coach, and then when he returned he chose to coach basketball when given the option. He should never have been let go the 1st time.
any body know what players made all district team from east ridge?
Real Badman Wrote:Nope Terrys last year was '06 with the Warrior Football Team. Him and Jill are the Warrior Softball coaches though.

Thanks!!
east ridge just has to keep working hard in the weight room just like they are doing...for the first time being a head coach at 24 years old Brad Allen is doing a heck of a job he has great playing experience and football knowledge...i think he is the best coach east ridge has ever had and the administration needs to just leave him alone cuz he can build a powerhouse!!!...but it wont be overnight though