Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top players in 14th
Who do you feel are some of the top volleyball players in the 14th region in the upcoming season.
Mika Turner, the Senior from Owsley, defenatly an excellent well-rounded player for the Lady Owls
Take your pick of Letcher Centrals varsity team. They are all good.
Lauren Sparks from Jenkins is an outstanding volleyball player.
CavsFan Wrote:Lauren Sparks from Jenkins is an outstanding volleyball player.

I completely agree. She is probably one of the most underrated players in the 14th region. I would put her up against anybody.
I am glad Jenkins is still fielding a team. I have heard rumors that they were dismanteling the volleyball team. I am glad it was false.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:I am glad Jenkins is still fielding a team. I have heard rumors that they were dismanteling the volleyball team. I am glad it was false.

Jenkins has 22 girls out for volleyball this year. First time they have been able to have a freshman and JV team without the same girls playing in all 3 games. It is still a work in progress, but getting girls interested is a step in the right direction!
Jenkins was district runnerup to Letcher Central last year as they defeated Knott Central in the district tournament.
Chris Lewis
sballgal3 Wrote:Jenkins has 22 girls out for volleyball this year. First time they have been able to have a freshman and JV team without the same girls playing in all 3 games. It is still a work in progress, but getting girls interested is a step in the right direction!

Perhaps the HS team could hold a free clinic for the elementary kids.
I think Aimee Hosmon is pretty good from Breathitt.
Powell County's
Kelcy Short
Melanie Pasley
Angela Hall
Kelly Gibson
Jacey Rice
and Tabitha Martin are all great players that have really proved themselves so far this season.
mika turner-owsley, chelsea bicknell-estill, any girl from letcher central of course and i havent really seen any other teams play