4. Prestonsburg
5. Allen Central
prestonsburg? who are their top players
ispike3 Wrote:1. Belfry
2. Betsy Layne
3. Pikeville
4. Prestonsburg
5. Allen Central

That might be a bit higher than P'burg should be ranked, but hopefully they can earn that ranking during the year.
Prestonsburg does return their whole team from last season.
I would rank Allen Central Higher, perhaps 3rd. Pikeville and Johnson Central will be close for 4 and 5th spots.
The top two I agree with, the last three I don't.

Here would be my top 5:

1. Belfry
2. Betsy Layne
3. South Floyd
4. Johnson Central
5. Pikeville

BumpSetSpike Wrote:I would rank Allen Central Higher, perhaps 3rd. Pikeville and Johnson Central will be close for 4 and 5th spots.

After they graduated Tiffany & Brittany Clark, Brittany Hodge (last year's best player in the 15th region in my opinion), Kimbo Blevins, Koko Martin, Sasha Jones, and Brittany Smith? I can't see the Rebels being a top 5 team next season, but I wish them the best of luck.
I didnt realize Allen Central graduated that many. I have to agree with you on your assessment. Do you think Belfry's new coach will be able to keep the team in the number one position?
BumpSetSpike Wrote:I didnt realize Allen Central graduated that many. I have to agree with you on your assessment. Do you think Belfry's new coach will be able to keep the team in the number one position?

Well, that remains to be seen. I really think Betsy Layne could very well be the 15th region's top team by the end of the season. I believe that Belfry and Betsy Layne scrimmage sometime next week. I could be wrong, but I talked to a Bobcat player the other evening and I hope I'm accurate when I say that. Regardless to whether they play or not, those two teams will be neck-and-neck for region's top team throughout the season. They play twice in September. The results of those two games should tell us who the better team is. So to answer your question, I do believe that Coach Bevins is capable of keeping Belfry at the number one spot, but I think Taylor Watkins, Audri Ray, and company will have something to say about that.
I would agree with the first rankings other then Prestonsburg being ahead of Allen Central.
I would say the first 3 are right, but maybe South Floyd & AC would be 4th & 5th.

I was rooting for Allen Central last year, but I'm not sure if they're going to be a very strong team this year.

They graduated 6 varsity starters, plus 2 more that played varsity. There's only a couple of the starters this year that have very much experience.
Good luck to the Rebels, but I think Betsy Layne will be the team to beat in Districts AND in Region.