Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Martin New Head Coach at Pike Central
Joe Friday Wrote:Coach Martin was a great coach for Allen Central and will hopefully have success at Pike Central. Everyone seems to think or believe that he was 'fired' from Allen Central; the fact is, and you can ask Coach Martin, he knew when he decided to leave the PE position at Allen Central to take another position (first Homebound, then PE at OU, and finally a Teacher at Betsy Layne) that he had made a BIG mistake. He knew that extracurricular positions (such as coaching) were decided on a yearly basis and that if someone within the school signed up and was qualified, he could / would be bumped (history repeated itself because it is understood that that is how Coach Johnny Martin was first hired as the AC Coach). It happened and Coach Martin Retired. Will the AC 'faithful' be wearing blue and orange? Will they be on the home side or the visitor side? Surely the AC 'faithful' will be there to cheer on the Allen Central boys. It would boggle the mind to believe that AC 'faithful' (Alumnus, faculty, staff, and people of the surrounding communities) would show up to cheer on the Hawks. If that is the case, then they are NOT AC 'faithful' but PC 'faithful'. Right? Coach Johnny Martin was a great coach and a loved coach at Allen Central - that should be his legacy...he is now Pike Central's coach. He has moved on, time for the AC 'faithful' to do the same.
Yes why don't you ask Johnny? I already talked with him, and the answer is not what you say. I guess that is just your opinion, and of course everebody has one.
the old WASP Wrote:Its not hard to figure our who Joe is. lol

Violation of rule #13 calls for instant suspension.
the old WASP Wrote:Yes why don't you ask Johnny? I already talked with him, and the answer is not what you say. I guess that is just your opinion, and of course everebody has one.

You have six consecutive posts and have added nothing to the conversation.
Joe Friday Wrote:You have six consecutive posts and have added nothing to the conversation.
Yes, 6 consecutive posts in which the old WASP asked questions. You make excuses which don't add anything to the conversation.
gotcha2 Wrote:Yes, 6 consecutive posts in which the old WASP asked questions. You make excuses which don't add anything to the conversation.

How do you respond to conjecture? Excuses? Just the facts,ma'am.
Joe Friday Wrote:[quote=gotcha2]1-19 is a fact.[/QUO

Allen Central 2004-2005 3-23 is a fact.

Allen Central 2005-2006 5-22 is a fact.

All coaches have rebuilding years. Try supporting the team instead of the constant attacks!

I have always thought that Coach Johnny Martin's teams were fun to watch and tough to play because they always gave 110 % no matter the score or their record. He seems to get the most and best out of every kid on his team. I wish him the best of luck at PC.

I agree with you that all coaches have rebuilding years and go through some tough times and new coaches go through a period of gettting their system in and allowing the kids some time to learn that system. I would like to point out that after those 2 losing seasons, the kids that played on those teams went on to win the 58th District 2 years in a row before Coach Martin was let go. Coach Mark Martin struggled in his first year and lost 3 starters from the 58th District Cahmpionship team for what ever reasons early in the season. Now he has had a year to work with the kids on his first year team and really hope to see improvement in this years team. Time will tell if he was the best hire for AC.
Joe Friday Wrote:How do you respond to conjecture? Excuses? Just the facts,ma'am.

Ma'am? I think you might be a little confused, I don't shave my legs buddy.
Coach Martin will do fine at PC, he has one of the best players in the 15th region in Hobo McCoy and this kid fits in really well with his style of play. This could be a very exciting time to be a Hawk.
gotcha2 Wrote:Ma'am? I think you might be a little confused, I don't shave my legs buddy.
Thats funny !!!!!
Colonel Kill Wrote:[quote=Joe Friday]

I have always thought that Coach Johnny Martin's teams were fun to watch and tough to play because they always gave 110 % no matter the score or their record. He seems to get the most and best out of every kid on his team. I wish him the best of luck at PC.

I agree with you that all coaches have rebuilding years and go through some tough times and new coaches go through a period of gettting their system in and allowing the kids some time to learn that system. I would like to point out that after those 2 losing seasons, the kids that played on those teams went on to win the 58th District 2 years in a row before Coach Martin was let go. Coach Mark Martin struggled in his first year and lost 3 starters from the 58th District Cahmpionship team for what ever reasons early in the season. Now he has had a year to work with the kids on his first year team and really hope to see improvement in this years team. Time will tell if he was the best hire for AC.

It's good to see a positive and fair assessment of the team.
Joe Friday Wrote:Pike Central is scheduled to play in the Allen Central panorama on Thanksgiving eve. Also, Allen Central plays Pike Central for its home opener in December.

Best of luck to both teams and coaches.

Remember, it is a game and we are talking about kids and their schools. We need to support and enforce sportsmanship rules, in particular emphasizing 'positive values' and create a sense of 'respect, responsibility, and perspective.'

Since this post, the AC 'faithful' came out in force. Judging by their posts throughout this thread and most other threads that pertain to AC, it appears the spirit of high school sports has been forgotten. The persistent drum beat of opinions presented as fact concerning the administration and the current coach at AC is detrimental to Allen Central and its students.

What is forgotten is that high school sports are all about the kids. Sure, the coaches play a big part but it comes back to supporting the kids who take the time to participate in sport, particularly basketball. Remember, the constant barrage of bitter and inflamatory comments / opinions are being read by those kids. I suppose for some people it is more important for the coach to win at all costs than it is to support the home team.

All this poster is trying to do is present fair and balanced information that clears the murky waters that have flooded this forum for the past couple of years; using a format that is very familiar from the old TV show DRAGNET, 'I don't shave my legs...' Not really...just kidding...but, "Just the facts ma'am."
who is going to be his assistant coaches???
this pike central team is gonna need alot of rebuilding. they really coulda used coach martin last year!
the old WASP Wrote:you are right When it comes to basketball I will cheer for Johnny Martin. I hope he beats Mark 50 points

And when you do this, you are cheering against the boys that are playing, not against Mark Martin, as well as hoping that a group of high school boys get beat by 50 points!! That's sad
Heres the way I see it,
1. Mark Martin takes no shots, shoots no free throws, Scores 0 Points, 0 Turnovers,0 Rebounds and his stat sheet is filled with 0's.
But still yet he is credited for all the blame when AC has no success. Give the man some time, he came in last year into a new system and really had no time with the boys before the season it was all new. Now with 1 year under his belt you can bet your bottom dollar AC will be a much improved team this coming season. But not strong enough to knock of my Bobcats!!!
Bobcatfaithful Wrote:Heres the way I see it,
1. Mark Martin takes no shots, shoots no free throws, Scores 0 Points, 0 Turnovers,0 Rebounds and his stat sheet is filled with 0's.
But still yet he is credited for all the blame when AC has no success. Give the man some time, he came in last year into a new system and really had no time with the boys before the season it was all new. Now with 1 year under his belt you can bet your bottom dollar AC will be a much improved team this coming season. But not strong enough to knock of my Bobcats!!!

They were ranked top 10 in the mountains going into last season. They won 1 game all year. The top 3 or 4 players quit the team. Trust me the coach did something wrong.
Bobcatfaithful Wrote:Heres the way I see it,

He had as much time available to him as your new coach did with your team. He was hired in mid-May. He chose not to play summerball and to stay in the gym at AC and get to know one another.