Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds...
are getting thrashed!!!! 22-1 in the bottom of the 8th. Cueto gets the start and only goes 2/3 of an inning with 9ER to his credit. Amazing
Dear God..UNCALLED FOR..How does a major league team do that? Sorry Reds fans, lol!
Reds got spanked! haha
I would hate to be a Reds fan.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
it would suck being a reds fan
It did suck being a Reds fan!
Reds aren't too bad this year. 1 game under .500 which is only like 3 games out of first in the NL Central.

Cueto, who has been a quality pitcher this year, gave up 9ER in the 1st inning I believe. So it was over from the get go. Towards the end, Dusty Baker decided to take one of their shortstops, Paul Janish, and put him in as a pitcher. Needless to say, that didn't work out well because he gave up a grand slam.

But oh well, I still have faith in my Redlegs and they will turn it around tonight.
I swore that the Indians(My team) were dressed in Cincy uniforms yesterday.
BCF4L Wrote:Reds aren't too bad this year. 1 game under .500 which is only like 3 games out of first in the NL Central.

Cueto, who has been a quality pitcher this year, gave up 9ER in the 1st inning I believe. So it was over from the get go. Towards the end, Dusty Baker decided to take one of their shortstops, Paul Janish, and put him in as a pitcher. Needless to say, that didn't work out well because he gave up a grand slam.

But oh well, I still have faith in my Redlegs and they will turn it around tonight.

Thats right, only 3 games out of 1st place in a really good NL Central so I aint going to complain to much. Hopefully they'll turn it around tonight and get a W. Go Reds!
The Reds are playing well in the National League Central where they are 21-18. The Central is extremely competitive.

Let's not forget that 3.5 games out of first place still puts them in fourth place. They are closer to last place (3 games above last place Pittsburgh) than they are first place.

But there is reason to hope for this team. With a right-handed stick, this team could be serious consideration. We all knew pitching was going to be the biggest struggle, but if the Reds do not find a solid Right-handed hitter to take the pressure off of Phillips, I see a slide coming after the All-Star break.

Though the Reds are
Reds bounce back tonigh to win over the Phillies. 4-3! 41-41 on the year.
MVP2 Wrote:Reds bounce back tonigh to win over the Phillies. 4-3! 41-41 on the year.

Now they are closer to 1st than to last :biggrin:
I've been a reds fan all of my life, been to a lot of games in my life and only seen them win one time. Glad I wasn't at this debacle, lol.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Reds got spanked! haha

MisterPerfect Wrote:I would hate to be a Reds fan.

Strikeout King Wrote:it would suck being a reds fan

Would just like to remind everyone that each loss just counts as one game, whether it is a 1-run heartbreaker in the ninth-inning, or a 21-run pasting that was over from the start. All that matters is the W or the L that goes next to the game. And Monday's game gets an "L" no different than any of their other losses. Personally, I would rather my favorite team get beat like that rather than to lose a close one that they should have won.

I'm a huge Reds fan, and as an example I'll use that game on Friday where they blew a late 3-0 lead to the Cardinals in part due to some "questionable" managerial decisions. While I have already forgotten about the blowout loss to the Phillies, I am still steaming over that loss to the Cards.

Anyway, the topper to the story is that the Reds have come back and won the next game after the blowout, 4-3 over the Phillies! So even though the Reds have been outscored 25-5 over the first two games of the series, Cincy has so far earned a 1-1 split. Now how sweet is that? :rockon:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PHILADELPHIA – The Reds needed someone to step up Tuesday night and stop the downward momentum.

Instead, a bunch of guys stepped up in a 4-3, come-from-behind victory over the Philadelphia Phillies Tuesday night before a crowd of 43,623 at Citizens Bank Park.

Credit goes to Brandon Phillips, Joey Votto, Aaron Harang, David Weathers and Ramon Hernandez – in nearly equal parts.

• Photos: Reds 4, Phillies 3
• Game summary, statistics

The victory gets the Reds back to .500 at 41-41. It came after the two losses by a combined score of 32-2.

“I’m glad we got the butt-whipping the last two games,” said Phillips, who hit two home runs early and had a huge sacrifice late. “It kind of woke us up. We came in today and said we’ve got to go out and play Reds baseball and do the little things.

“It started out bad. But we couldn’t let the same thing happen that happened the day before.”

It did start out badly. The Reds were down 3-0 after three innings. They didn’t take the lead until Hernandez singled in Votto in the top of the ninth.

“It’s really huge for us,” Harang said. “We stayed in the game and never gave up.”
OLD LADY:I didn't even know we still had a team.
JAKE TAYLOR"Yeah we have uniforms and everything, lol..

MOVIE: MAJOR LEAGUE
More Cowbell Wrote:Would just like to remind everyone that each loss just counts as one game, whether it is a 1-run heartbreaker in the ninth-inning, or a 21-run pasting that was over from the start. All that matters is the W or the L that goes next to the game. And Monday's game gets an "L" no different than any of their other losses. Personally, I would rather my favorite team get beat like that rather than to lose a close one that they should have won.

I'm a huge Reds fan, and as an example I'll use that game on Friday where they blew a late 3-0 lead to the Cardinals in part due to some "questionable" managerial decisions. While I have already forgotten about the blowout loss to the Phillies, I am still steaming over that loss to the Cards.

Anyway, the topper to the story is that the Reds have come back and won the next game after the blowout, 4-3 over the Phillies! So even though the Reds have been outscored 25-5 over the first two games of the series, Cincy has so far earned a 1-1 split. Now how sweet is that? :rockon:

I would like to remind you that they still got killed. I don't care about the other games. I'm talking about this one game. I like the Reds i want just saying that got spanked. I know its just one game. Every game is just one game.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:I would like to remind you that they still got killed. I don't care about the other games. I'm talking about this one game. I like the Reds i want just saying that got spanked. I know its just one game. Every game is just one game.

So they got spanked Monday night. Who cares? Just because SportsCenter thought it was a big deal doesn't make it so. True Reds fans know that it doesn't matter that they got killed, it's still just a loss. IMO, the one-run defeat the Reds suffered earlier tonight (3-2) hurts much worse, knowing that with a clutch hit here or there, they could have won.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]