Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 12 Shelby Valley 0 5 innings
The Cyrus kid throws a 1 hitter for Pville. Seemed like everyone on the team had a hit. Congrats to the Tigers. I think they play again on SAT at 4:30 pm.
WTG Tigers!
Congrats Tigers!!!
Congrats to the Tigers!!! Way to go Jake!!!!!
Looks llike a nice win for the Tigers!:Thumbs:
At least 9 different hitters for the Tigers had hits including 6 with multiple hits. Only 1 error in the game for both teams and that was from the Wildcats. Cyrus' only hit allowed was a 1-2 pitch with 2 outs in the last inning on a fastball at the knees that was ripped down the 3rd baseline. Jake walked only 1 while striking out 9 in the 5 inning game on 61 pitches.
Congrats Jake and all the Tigers and take care of business Saturday and get ready for a huge week coming up.
Cyrus didn't impress me really. I don't know why Valley couldn't hit it. Overall though good game for Paintsville.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Cyrus didn't impress me really. I don't know why Valley couldn't hit it. Overall though good game for Paintsville.
That is what Belfry and Letcher Central said as well. They couldn't hit it either. Might be that he hits his spots, keeps the ball away from the niddle of the plate and changes speeds. A lot of times that is more effective than a 85 + mph fastball even if it's not as glamorous. LOL
Congrats Paintsville. Good try SV
The Guru Wrote:That is what Belfry and Letcher Central said as well. They couldn't hit it either. Might be that he hits his spots, keeps the ball away from the niddle of the plate and changes speeds. A lot of times that is more effective than a 85 + mph fastball even if it's not as glamorous. LOL
I' take a pitcher over a thrower anyday.
Congrats Paintsville
who pitched for valley ?
Magnum PI Wrote:The Cyrus kid throws a 1 hitter for Pville. Seemed like everyone on the team had a hit. Congrats to the Tigers. I think they play again on SAT at 4:30 pm.

looks like paintsville has started off to a great season, whats their record so far?
Nice job, Jake. Congrats Tigers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Tigers!
Panther Thunder Wrote:I' take a pitcher over a thrower anyday.

Amen!:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
does anyone know who pitched for valley
The Guru Wrote:That is what Belfry and Letcher Central said as well. They couldn't hit it either. Might be that he hits his spots, keeps the ball away from the niddle of the plate and changes speeds. A lot of times that is more effective than a 85 + mph fastball even if it's not as glamorous. LOL
Belfry got runners on, just couldn't get them home. But that is to his credit as well because he is a good pitcher with nice location. Plus it's always different for kids around here to see a lefty who can actually hit their spots.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Belfry got runners on, just couldn't get them home. But that is to his credit as well because he is a good pitcher with nice location. Plus it's always different for kids around here to see a lefty who can actually hit their spots.
Actually against Belfry he was used to close the game pitching in the 7th inning only. Faced 3 batters, 2 K's 1 walk. Baserunner was thrown out trying to get to third.
I know he appreciates the nice compliment though as he has always enjoyed hard fought games against Belfry teams all the way back to Little League days. Very good baseball programs at belfry.