Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 7 - Fairview 6
Final
Good win for the Rams and a tough lose for Fairview. I bet it was a good game.
Great game. Another defensive game in the Ashland area.
Congrats Raceland!!
Tough game! Congrats Raceland.
Impressive win that puts Raceland in the driver's seat to host most likely Beechwood in the opening round of the playoffs. Raceland's win game late in the game as QB Scott Grizzle completed a TD pass to star WR Thomas Tolliver for the Raceland tie. The PAT gave Raceland the lead and the win over Fairview who had dominated this matchup for the past 2 seasons.
Kind of on the subject--but I figured that Fairview would win this game. How good is Fairview? I was thinking about watching them this weekend against LCA. I thought that they had a chance before this result.

Was the weather a factor or is Raceland flat out better.
After watching Raceland play Ashland this season I thought Raceland was better than Fairview. I would have thought the weather would have hurt the Ram passing attack more than the Eagle ground game. LCA seems to be far better than either Raceland or Fairview this season.
tomcat68 Wrote:After watching Raceland play Ashland this season I thought Raceland was better than Fairview. I would have thought the weather would have hurt the Ram passing attack more than the Eagle ground game. LCA seems to be far better than either Raceland or Fairview this season.

First--thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

I have recently had the pleasure (or displeasure) or watching LCA. While I think that they are good--I didn't get the impression that they were unbeatable. Fairview has had some very solid teams in the past few years. If they are even 3/4 as good--I feel like they have a chance (especially at Fairview). Very interesting to hear that Raceland is probably better this season.

Off the subject--do you play for Ashland now? (You don't have to answer that question if you don't want). I am one of the lucky ones that actually got out of Ashland alive in 1993 with a win in the playoffs. (If you can figure out the team--you are pretty impressive. A hint: the team was the first 4 seed to beat a 1 seed (Ashland) within the current playoff structure).
Raceland has a good Back field their FB can find a whole when he wants and their qb can use his arm as shown against raceland. good win!
tomcatnation Wrote:Raceland has a good Back field their FB can find a whole when he wants and their qb can use his arm as shown against raceland. good win!

Is Raceland still a passing team? Or, have they become more balanced with the run?
Congrats Raceland!
Raceland is still primarily a passing team. KYHillBilly: No I don't play for Ashland any longer. I graduated in '04 ('03 football season). I'm checking everything I can find, but without asking some people older than me I can't be positive who we lost to in the 1st round that year. I'll take a stab in the dark and say Covington Holmes. To be honest I don't know if we were still playing the Highlands/CovCath district that season.
tomcat68 Wrote:Raceland is still primarily a passing team. KYHillBilly: No I don't play for Ashland any longer. I graduated in '04 ('03 football season). I'm checking everything I can find, but without asking some people older than me I can't be positive who we lost to in the 1st round that year. I'll take a stab in the dark and say Covington Holmes. To be honest I don't know if we were still playing the Highlands/CovCath district that season.

Close, very close. They actually played Holmes in the playoffs in 1992 (the year before). The answer would be the Conner Cougars.
I had a pretty guess that is was either Homes, Ryle, or Conner. I took a stab at it.