Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes/Newport Catholic updates
NCC, playing very solid basketball of late matches up with Holmes. Pittman is playing for Holmes
24-14 early 2nd quarter. Pittman is playing extremely well.
Interestingly only one dunk thus far it was not by Pittman of Johnson
NCC's super soph Jake Geisler has been inaffective due to Pittman's outstanding defense. Not enough credit is given to how well Holmes plays defense
Holmes 29-18 at the half. New Cath has hung in this game due to the play of their guards and below average shooting by the Bulldogs.
I expect Holmes to cruise in the second half after a less-than-stellar first half.
Grant Pangallo led the Breds, while Ricardo Johnson led the Bulldogs in scoring in the first half
Very surprising to see how much weight Pittman has lost since last season. He is extremely lean and long.
This game is at Holmes..am I correct Stardust?
Just as I mention Pittman, he rose so high on a throwdown he went over the top of the basket and hitting the back of the rim, ball went all the way to 1/2 court on a fly.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This game is at Holmes..am I correct Stardust?

Yes sir, not a big crowd though
Pittman just made up for his missed dunk with a nasty Power Dunk over Matt Geisler of the Breds
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I expect Holmes to cruise in the second half after a less-than-stellar first half.

It's starting to go that way outdoorsman.

43-28 Holmes at teh end of 3.

Biggest hilites of the quarter was Pittman's missed and made dunks
surprisingly an uninspired game from both of these teams. This was an opportunity for NCC to prove they belong in the 9th. Holmes I expected to come out wanting to bury someone after the Boone loss
4:45 left, Holmes 48-35
55-44 Homes with one minute remaining. Another missed dunk, this time by Ricardo. At times, it just looks like Holmes is going through the motions