Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region rankings 1/28/09
1-Elliott - other than #16, this is the only one I'm sure of.
2-Rose Hill - played Elliott pretty close but they need guard play
3-East Carter- big win over West in the district matchup
4-West Carter - listened to the end of the East game, much closer than final score
5-Fairview - healthy finally, so we won't need anymore disclaimers
6-Bath Co. - have West Carter Tues. and that should filter out the top few even more
7-Morgan - have won 6 of their last 7.
8-Greenup - won 3 in a row, may be hitting their stride
9-Ashland - not the time of the year to lose 5 of 6
10-Lewis Co. - Won 2 in a row, Hampton usually has them hitting their stride about now
11-Menifee - back down to earth. Lost 3 straight.
12-Raceland - game with Greenup tonight weather permitting may help define them
13-Fleming - won the coin toss for the last 4
14-Russell - beat Rowan by 8 Friday
15-Rowan - lost to Russell by 8 Friday, can't see them any higher
16-Boyd - only other slot I'm certain of.
Rankings look pretty good, I would have Greenup in front of Morgan, both playing well but Greenup beat Morgan by 11 earlier in Jan. Also, I would have Menifee in front of Lewis, there only bad loss in region is Rowan, but they beat Bath @ Bath. It looks good though.
Rose Hill is not the second best team in the region. IMO. They are 5-4 against 16th region teams where West is 12-3, Fairview is 9-3, and East is 9-4. I would put them about 5th, but they will be a tough out for anyone other than Elliott.
racer4life Wrote:Rose Hill is not the second best team in the region. IMO. They are 5-4 against 16th region teams where West is 12-3, Fairview is 9-3, and East is 9-4. I would put them about 5th, but they will be a tough out for anyone other than Elliott.

I agree. Rose Hill has improved this year and is playing some good basketball but they are still not above East and West Carter. I say they are about as good as Fairview. These rankings look pretty solid other than that.