Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Newport Catholic
100.00%
Danville
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All 'A': 9th-Newport Catholic vs. 12th Danville
Who wins and Why?
NCC wins this one in a close game.

Danville has been streaky this year but I think it's due to the schedule they've played. They are in the 12th region but they have played a few teams from the 11th region. Big difference! They have not faired well at all against the 11th.

I think Pangallo and Conner will have good games because Danville doesn't know them, NCC sets screens all over the place to get their shooters open. Both of them can hit the 3 and hurt you. If those two are on, NCC wins, if not Danville could pull the upset.
Jake Geisler has been a diamond in the rough. He will pose match-up problems for Danville.
NCC is 10-7 overall is 7-3 over their last 10. They have been very inconsistent, but they have won all the games that they were supposed to win.

Danville is 8-7, 7-3 over their last 10. They have an impressive 10 point win over the District's #3 team Bergin to advance to the State Tournament.
I'll take NCC in this one in a good game. Best of luck to both!
Newport Catholic

8th place in the 9th region

10-7 overall

7-3 in last 10
Danville

14th place team in the 12th region

8-7 overall record

7-3 in last 10
I will take NCC. Winner of this one takes on Valley or Henry County.
I think NCC has too much size and experience for Danville. Danville is not send the same kind of team as they have in the past to the tourney. I look for NCC to win this by 10.
danville is lucky to be in this.NCC by 20 or more.
NCC should take this, and will give Shelby Valley a very stiff test in the second round.

NCC by 10.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]