Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central Rebels 2009
Allen Central returns possibly 13 Seniors with seven of them that should be starters how do you think the Rebels of AC will do after having a season that they can really build off of and should be hitting the weight room in January
Last year AC had 7 wins. The most in school history. This year coming should be even better. I have not seen a schedule, but I would guess the schedule is comparable to last years. With that said, I do not think out of the realm of possibility to push that number to 8. I think this team should step up and win in the playoffs, not just be in the playoffs. The players should have some much needed confidence. Another point is that Coach Jimmy Hall has the most head coaching experience in District 8 and was Co-Coach of the year this past season. The team will be full of upperclassmen and the experinces that Coach Hall has been through over the last 6-7 years will serve the Rebels well in the coming year. I hope they dedicate themselves to the weight room and work to improve individually which will in turn benfit the team. This team can help AC start a tradition of winning and make football more appealing to younger kids that will be future Rebels. I wish them nothing but the best and hope they use all the naysayers as extra motivation to put it to at least one of the ville's this year.
Could someone post AC's schedule for next year?
Just from discussions with Coach Jimmy Hall, i think this is the 2009-2010 football schedule for AC. I dont know the order though.
Pikeville
Paintsville
Betsy Layne
South Floyd
Phelps
Jenkins
Harlan
East Ridge
Knott County
Jackson County
The Rebels season will depend heavily on if the Crowder boys stay at AC.
I think they will go 6 and 4 and ending up 3rd in their district. If that's the order they play their games, and could knock off Paintsville or Pikeville early, they could possible go 8-2
This is how I would rank that schedule by strength
1. Paintsville
2. Harlan
3. Pikeville
4. Knott
5. Betsy Lane
6. Jackson Co.
7. Jenkins
8. East ridge
9. South Floyd
10. Phelps

If they win just one of the top three, I think they could very easily go 8-2.
Thegeneral Wrote:Just from discussions with Coach Jimmy Hall, i think this is the 2009-2010 football schedule for AC. I dont know the order though.
Pikeville
Paintsville
Betsy Layne
South Floyd
Phelps
Jenkins
Harlan
East Ridge
Knott County
Jackson County

That looks like a pretty week out of District schedule.
is the rebels lifting? If so, how many is lifting?
id say the runnin rebs do good at 6-5, but i hope to see them have another great season
I say 5-5 is what AC is looking at next season.
Real Badman Wrote:I say 5-5 is what AC is looking at next season.
5-5? This is a team that won 7 games last year and only graduated 2 seniors. They were ranked 4th in the state in rushing yards and return there entire backfield, which contains Hunter and Logan Crowder..who both went over 1,000 yards last season....ill say 8-2 with a win in the playoffs
The only thing that really will hurt Allen Central is the fact they lost their signal caller. He beat Betsy Layne. His punting was out of this world.

I dont think they will be as good as they were last year.
The only thing that I wonder about is AC hurting themselves. If they get too overconfident and lose a couple of games at first, they will get down. They don't need to go back to the old attitude of being complacent with getting beat. They did good things last year and need to build on that.
betsylaynealum Wrote:The only thing that really will hurt Allen Central is the fact they lost their signal caller. He beat Betsy Layne. His punting was out of this world.

I dont think they will be as good as they were last year.

Prater was a good player- but to say that "he beat Betsy Layne". I would have to disagree with that. Prater was 6 for 10 passing with 47 yards and 1 passing TD. AC's running game rushed for 400 yards and 5 TD's against Betsy Layne.
Teams win ball games not players! Especially in football.
Josh Prater also played safety and kicker.

He gave us horrible field position all night. He also stopped the bobcats short yard passing so we had to throw over his head.

I am telling you tushing didnt matter. The bobcats were only down 14 points when prater kicked off in the middle of 3rd quarter. Our field position was at the 4 yard line.
First of all, if they keep the same attitude they have been keeping they will only sink back low. Coach Hall has the dedication and work in them now to take them places. Now he needs to kick in the attitude. When are they going to schedule better games. I know most games are on a two year contract. Having Phelps, Paintsville, Pikeville, Jenkins, South Floyd and Betsy Lane there are four more games to schedule Harlan is an alright team for the Rebels. But really Jackson Co., East Ridge and Knott Central are all games they can improve on. Knott Central is a rival game and has a small bit of history, they are rumored every year to be better but nothing ever happens to them as they sink deeper in the pool. AC can play better schools than East Ridge and Jackson Co. Put Pike Central or even Magoffin Co. back on the schedule.

Yeah they should do better this year and beat some of these teams pretty badly. Pikeville is getting weaker and they could beat Pikeville. I could see the Rebels going 9-1.

I hope they will play harder games while they are improving so it will push this team higher.
Work ethic has long been missing from the Rebel Football Program. In the last few years that has changed. Hopefully they will build on that change and continue to improve on the gridiron.
I talked to somebody the other day that said they were lifting, don't know how many though.
I for one and very ready for some friday night lights!!!! Can't wait to watch the Rebels and see what records they can break this year. I think coach JEREMY Hall and the Running Rebels will have a GREAT season. Is it football time yet?? haha I'm past ready!!!!!!
gish_7 Wrote:5-5? This is a team that won 7 games last year and only graduated 2 seniors. They were ranked 4th in the state in rushing yards and return there entire backfield, which contains Hunter and Logan Crowder..who both went over 1,000 yards last season....ill say 8-2 with a win in the playoffs

They were blown out by a 2-8 team in the playoffs last year. Both Harlan and Pineville will be better next year.
I think that the AC rebels could be one of the best if not the best team in the district during 2009 with the crowder twins and stumbo running under center good luck AC!
Hard Hitter52 Wrote:I think that the AC rebels could be one of the best if not the best team in the district during 2009 with the crowder twins and stumbo running under center good luck AC!

I agree, This district is going to be owned by AC or Paintsville next season.
Hard Hitter52 Wrote:I think that the AC rebels could be one of the best if not the best team in the district during 2009 with the crowder twins and stumbo running under center good luck AC!

Hopefully AC's players will continue working hard to improve and they can stay injury free. Rebel fans could enjoy their best season in history (again) if the players keep working hard.
With the good season they had in 08 you would think it would help get more players out and that should help them even more.
Allen Centrals non district schedule is Jackson County, Knott County, East Ridge, Jenkins and Harlan. That is two 1A schools, two 3A schools and a two A school. Over here in Magoffin, it is said that they could not get dates to work right, because the KHSAA made the schools follow a grid pattern for their district games. In other words they could only play district games in certain weeks. two different districts, two different classes, could not get it two work. I do know for a fact that Magoffin is going over to AC for one of the scrimmages along with Leslie County I believe.
The Swamp Fox Wrote:Allen Centrals non district schedule is Jackson County, Knott County, East Ridge, Jenkins and Harlan. That is two 1A schools, two 3A schools and a two A school. Over here in Magoffin, it is said that they could not get dates to work right, because the KHSAA made the schools follow a grid pattern for their district games. In other words they could only play district games in certain weeks. two different districts, two different classes, could not get it two work. I do know for a fact that Magoffin is going over to AC for one of the scrimmages along with Leslie County I believe.

Great Post! Who do you want them to play? Belfry, Johnson Central or Sheldon Clark?