Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if prestonsburg won the 1st how would they be the rest of year
would they go undefeated
Won the first what? District game? Regular season game? Please specify. But before you do I will still say NO!!. Smile
Maybe if they won the first 10 games Smile
I think he was talking about 1st round of playoffs.....I will say no b.c they would still have to travel to pond creek and then if they beat them to russell I THINK someone correct me if im wrong
i meant the first game of the season pikeville
Well considering Hazard was 1st game of season and pikeville was 2nd I would say 6-2 losing to Ashland and Belfry
ok srry i havnt kept up with them that much i dont like the coach
thats ur decision
I think p burg could of easily won 8 games probably losing to Sheldon clark and belfry and be the 3 seed like this year. but when u lose games like they have it hurts ur team mentally trust me i seen it last year. We thought we were gonna be good enough for the playoffs. we won our scrimmages and our first game with ease but when we traveled to east ridge and got took to school by a great grundy team it hurt our confidence and its tough to get back so i can say p burgs record wood be a lot better if they have started with a win
they should have won against sheldon clark
As it stands right now, Prestonsburg is the #4 seed. They will either have to travel to Leslie or Middlesboro which is both tied right now in District 7. If they were to pull off an upset, there is a possibility they would then have to come to Pond Creek to face Belfry in the second round. Prestonsburg still has a shot at a #3 seed depending on what #2 seed Sheldon Clark & #3 seed Shelby Valley does in the final 2 weeks.
TE#82 Wrote:I think p burg could of easily won 8 games probably losing to Sheldon clark and belfry and be the 3 seed like this year. but when u lose games like they have it hurts ur team mentally trust me i seen it last year. We thought we were gonna be good enough for the playoffs. we won our scrimmages and our first game with ease but when we traveled to east ridge and got took to school by a great grundy team it hurt our confidence and its tough to get back so i can say p burgs record wood be a lot better if they have started with a win

I would find it hard to believe that this year's Prestonsburg team would have been able to beat Ashland under any circumstances.
I agree... I don't think they would have beat Ashland this season under any circumstances...I see them beating Sheldon Calrk before Ashland forsure
If they won in the 1st in would be a miracle and then they would lose......again.
I agree with CE. I'm a huge P-burg fan, but this year is when reality has hit and P-burg just stinks. That's the easiest way to put it. I don't care if they beat Hazard or Pikeville. They still woulda lost all the other games and had one more win and one less loss on their record. This is not Prestonsburg football that everyone is used to seeing.
I don't think it would have made a difference if they won the first game. Pikeville, Paintsville, and Ashland would be loses for sure.

Although I will say that losing the first game that you believe you should have won is tough to overcome.
tomcat68 Wrote:I would find it hard to believe that this year's Prestonsburg team would have been able to beat Ashland under any circumstances.

I didnt no that they played Ashland my bad but confidence is tons in football
I think that if they would have beat hazard they still would have lost to pikeville and ashland but I believe we would have beat Paintsville and SC. Belfry was a no-brainer tho.
I have no clue
Not much difference here.
I my humble opinion I don't think it would have mattered if P'burg would have won their first game or not. They just don't have the swagger that a P'burg team is suppose to possess. They have been one of the 2 biggest disapointments in the state (Boyd being the other) IMO. P'burg just dosn't have what it takes to uphold their reputation. They would not have been higher seeded in the playoffs, would not have won against SC or Belfry, and would not and still will not win a playoff game IMO.
im sure it wouldnt have hurt thier confidence any, something i think this years pburg squad has desperately needed. remember last years team lost to pikeville in thier first game and they went on to get wins vs. ashland and bell co. i honestly cant say what the problem has been this year for them because im not around that program.....i do however wish them the best of luck getting back on track.