Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 65 - East Ridge 51
Final
Congrats to the Wildcats!

Anyone have any idea of when Elisha will be back?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Congrats to the Wildcats!

Anyone have any idea of when Elisha will be back?

He played tonight...I think he ended up with 9 points. From what i heard on the radio he seems to be getting his confidence back. But good district win for SV.
When and why was EJ ever out? Warriors must have played hard to stay within 14 of them congrads to both!
Mr.Mister Wrote:When and why was EJ ever out? Warriors must have played hard to stay within 14 of them congrads to both!

He was injured in the 1st round of the Hoopin' it Up Classic, didn't play again until the tourney in Florida, but still is not at 100% from what I hear.
Big Deven got two fouls in the first quarter. Good win for SV and a good effort for ER. I don't think that ER shoot very well tonight either. Best wishes to both teams.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:He was injured in the 1st round of the Hoopin' it Up Classic, didn't play again until the tourney in Florida, but still is not at 100% from what I hear.

Elisha is playing very timid and using his left hand alot, both defensively and offensively--especially when catching the ball. He was able to actually shoot the ball from the 3 point line tonight, which is a big improvement. He didn't shoot well at all, but hopefully his confidence and rhythm will come back soon.
Unofficial stats:

For Valley:

Ashley Hatfield 15 points, 7 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 assists
Taylor Newsome 15 points, 9 rebounds
Deven Adams 11 points, 2 rebounds, 2 blocks
Elisha Justice 9 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds
Tyler Newsome 7 points
Curby Tackett 6 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks
Cody Varney 2 points
Logan Bryant 7 rebounds, 6 assists

Valley shot 26-62 (41%) from the field.
They shot 3-16 (18%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 10-13 (76%) from the free throw line.
Valley had 37 rebounds, 16 assists, 11 steals, and 8 turnovers

East Ridge shot 20-54 (37%) from the field.
They shot 4-17 (23%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 7-10 (70%) from the free throw line.
They had 30 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals, and 16 turnovers.
congrats valley, but i'm glad to see the warriors put up a fight, plus it was at valley.
hopefully this made the warriors better and they will continue playing really well in the region like they have been.
Definitely not the best game ER had but to be right there until the 3rd quarter was a great effort. It didn't seem very much like an on game for anyone on the team, a lot of 3s thrown up that didn't go in, boys asking to be taken out, things of that nature. To only lose by 14 and know that we hung in there throughout the first half like we did shows me East Ridge's potential.

DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Unofficial stats:

For Valley:

Ashley Hatfield 15 points, 7 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 assists
Taylor Newsome 15 points, 9 rebounds
Deven Adams 11 points, 2 rebounds, 2 blocks
Elisha Justice 9 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds
Tyler Newsome 7 points
Curby Tackett 6 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks
Cody Varney 2 points
Logan Bryant 7 rebounds, 6 assists

Valley shot 26-62 (41%) from the field.
They shot 3-16 (18%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 10-13 (76%) from the free throw line.
Valley had 37 rebounds, 16 assists, 11 steals, and 8 turnovers

East Ridge shot 20-54 (37%) from the field.
They shot 4-17 (23%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 7-10 (70%) from the free throw line.
They had 30 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals, and 16 turnovers.

Thanks for the stats. So Valley had the advantage of rebounds,steals, and turnovers, hard to beat a team when they have the advantage in those 3 areas, 3pt shooting was almost the same as was field goals.

Was Elisha wearing a brace or shoulder holster of some sort?
dortonite Wrote:Thanks for the stats. So Valley had the advantage of rebounds,steals, and turnovers, hard to beat a team when they have the advantage in those 3 areas, 3pt shooting was almost the same as was field goals.

Was Elisha wearing a brace or shoulder holster of some sort?

Yes, he was wearing a brace. He played a lot, but he definitely isn't back to 100% yet. I'm sure the injury has gotten into his head a little also, but that is understandable. I know it is killing him to have to struggle like this.
good win sv
Elisha doesn't appear to be anywhere near 100%. He was very hesitant, especially defensively. SV didn't play with the speed and pressure they normally do, but that may have alot to do with Elisha. I thought Trey Lawson shot the ball well and McClanahan play well at times. McClanahan seemed to be in and out of the game quite a bit and not due to foul trouble... possibly due to conditioning issues.
Congrats Shelby Valley
East Ridge (8-4) -- Fields 6, Williams 2, Meade 13, McClanahan 8, Lawson 12, Thacker 8, Coleman 2.
Shelby Valley (8-4) -- Justice 9, Hatfield 15, Ta.Newsome 15, Varney 2, Adams 11, Ty.Newsome 7, Tackett 6.
Good win for SV but looks like to me they better pick it up or they will never get out of this region.
Good win for SV. The expectations for this team are REALLY high. They are not going to win by 30 every night against rival teams.
I am sure Valley will have things together by March. Havent seen them play since they have been back but I am sure Boohers coaching strategies have altered to take concern to EJ to insure he gets his rythm back but more importantly to get time with out taking a chance of losing him for the year. Which starts with reducing the pressure on defense and to play more of a half court game so EJ isnt bumping and banging that shoulder. A 100% EJ and Valley wins this game by 20 or more. Good showing by ER though as it seems.
Congrats Valley. Closer than I thought it would be.