Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Xavier 56 - Madisonville-North Hopkins 48
St. Xavier beats Madisonville and Hood
Posted by Mike Fields on December 26, 2008

Updates from the Republic Bank Holiday Classic boys’ basketball tournament at Lexington Catholic:

St. X put together a strong fourth quarter to beat Madisonville 56-48. Madisonville star and UK recruit Jon Hood had 18 points and 10 rebounds, but shot only 6-for-20 from the field.
St. X is looking to spoil Madisonville star Jon Hood’s opening night in the tournament. The Tigers lead 50-48 with three minutes left. Hood has 18 points and 10 rebounds. He’s shooting 6-for-17 from the field.
Madisonville leads 41-39 going into the fourth quarter. Jon Hood has 16 points, 6 rebounds and two assists for the Maroons. St. X trailed 38-29 before rallying to go ahead 39-38, but Carl Hatchett’s three-pointer gave Madisonville the lead again.
Jon Hood has 12 points, including a couple three-pointers, 2 rebounds and an assist as Madisonville leads St. X 26-23 at halftime. Robert Hatchett has 7 points for the Maroons. Brian Gunter’s 7 points and 5 rebounds lead St. X. No sighting of UK Coach Billy Gillispie.
St. X leads 16-10 after one quarter. Madisonville’s Jon Hood has 5 points on 2-for-4 shooting.
Madisonville star and UK signee Jon Hood hasn’t packed the house, but a good crowd is on hand. Midway through the first quarter, Hood has taken one shot — a three-pointer — and made it. St. X has a 9-8 lead.
Congrats St. X...
Congrats St.X
is hood that good, thats the 3-4 game i seen stats on, and they havent been good , i know he is no travis ford, i graduated from there but have been in belfry ky the past seven yrs and now in tn, i hear he has nothing around him to help out, travis on the other hand lots or players and still put up points..
Hood is a very good player. He just doesn't have any help. Teams double team him constantly, he never shoots an open shot because he has to create his own offense each time he shoots.

He will do fine at UK, can't wait to see him in the "Big Blue" uni