Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Stat Numbers Designate A Worthy Player
What numbers offensively and defensively designate that a player is good or worthy of attenttion in a given position? Rushing?Passing? Receptions? Tackles? Who are some of the big stat leaders discussed on here?
Who cares about stats. The only one I care about is wins. I'll take 11 kids who support each other and play together as a team over stats any day.
Jeepman Wrote:Who cares about stats. The only one I care about is wins. I'll take 11 kids who support each other and play together as a team over stats any day.

I agree that is what it takes to win championships the rest will follow.
While stats may be indicative of the players talen and ability I do not think you can go by stats alone when determining how good a player really is. If a team has a superior O-Line then their RB is going to put up some stats. If the O-Line is mediocre and the RB puts up some numbers then that can turn heads. It all depends. After all is said and done the skill players couldn't get it done without the help from the guys in the trenches and there would be far fewer W's on the board. Football requires 11 players knowing their assignments on both sides of the ball. It is a TEAM effort . . . no one player wins or loses a game for a team.
Jeepman Wrote:Who cares about stats. The only one I care about is wins. I'll take 11 kids who support each other and play together as a team over stats any day.

This is exactly right. Stats look good in the local newspaper for mom and dad, but if you have a team player who does good things in practice, gets his blocks during the game, ect. you get wins. More wins brings more recognition to your team. Word then travels through coaches and eventually up to the college realms. If a kid works hard in the off season and during practice his stats will take care of themselves, plus his team will be better and win more games.
The Swamp Fox Wrote:What numbers offensively and defensively designate that a player is good or worthy of attenttion in a given position? Rushing?Passing? Receptions? Tackles? Who are some of the big stat leaders discussed on here?

Channing Fugates numbers...lol

I agree 100%
Let's be real! I'll take a 4.0! And I'm not talking about in the 40. The rest of the stats is all window dressing!
Stardust Wrote:Let's be real! I'll take a 4.0! And I'm not talking about in the 40. The rest of the stats is all window dressing!

Rolleyes ...2.5 and Channing Fugate..lol
king360 Wrote:Channing Fugates numbers...lol

That too!
:thumpsup:
Stardust Wrote:Let's be real! I'll take a 4.0! And I'm not talking about in the 40. The rest of the stats is all window dressing!

ME TOO
W's
Points allowed is a good start!!:flame:
For QB's Yards per passing attempt....not yards per completion but yards per attempt.