Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What teams in the 58th has the biggest fan base?
What are the top 3 high schools with big fan bases?
IMO this is the way they go...

1) Prestonsburg
2) Allen Central
3) Betsy Layne
4) South Floyd
Looks about right from what I have seen.
p-burg shouldent be inclueded in this they got at least a thousand more students then the other schools...
sportsfan22 Wrote:p-burg shouldent be inclueded in this they got at least a thousand more students then the other schools...

Enrollments
Prestonsburg - 600
Betsy Layne - 449
Allen Central - 424
South Floyd - 340

Other than SF, there is only just over 150 difference.
1. Prestonsburg
2. Allen Central
3. Betsy Layne
4. South Floyd
I remember back in the good days at SF going to their games there was standing room only. Now, well you can almost get in the games free. lol
bl and ac both had great fan sections in 07 i remember the district championship at sf was crzy neither team has much of a cheering section this year and its a shame becuase bl hasnt been this good in a while...so i guess pburg gets the nod
If you win then you can get a decent crowd and that goes for any sport. I've noticed at just about all of the games that the crowds appear to be down but hey that may just be for our games right now. I don't think any of the county schools have the crowds they once did. Betsy Layne and Paintsville seemed a little small the other night or at least the Paintsville side looked that way on tv. If you can do pretty good and have an exciting team then more people will come. Another thing is some of the schools don't have a band or dance team and that takes away quite a few people that would be there not only to participate but also to watch their kids. South Floyd had big followings when they won the regionals in the 3 All "A" tournaments but not alot are going to spend money if you are not competing every year and times are a bit ragged. That's kind of the way it is or it seems that way to me.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Another thing is some of the schools don't have a band or dance team and that takes away quite a few people that would be there not only to participate but also to watch their kids.

Very true. It's sad that pep bands have gone by the wayside at many schools in our area. Bands ad to the excitement during timeouts and just make the event more alive. Same goes for dance teams and cheerleaders. So many times these days, cheerleaders don't go on the road. Just takes away from the excitement. And you're right, it hurts the gates.

It wasn't unheard of several years ago to have a middle school or grade school game play an opener, followed by a JV and Varsity high school game. That also helps turn the gates, but many times scheduling is a problem and how do you split the money between the host schools...
JackFrost Wrote:I remember back in the good days at SF going to their games there was standing room only. Now, well you can almost get in the games free. lol
Yea i remember those days to jack when you would have to stand on the walking track in SF'S gym just to watch the raiders play and now u go to a game and there is a total of three fans standing on the walking track and 10 fans on the bleachers