Poll: Which mountain team has the best shot bringing home the gold?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell Co
88.00%
Breathitt Co
8.00%
Hazard
4.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Teams at State
We have 3 mountain teams playing in the state championship!
which team has the best shot bringing home the gold?
I believe Bell has the best shot in my opinion! Hazard has for sure got their hands full! Breathitt has a good shot if they come out fired up
While I hope they ALL bring home some trophy, I think Bell has the best shot. Hazard and Breathitt are running into a couple of juggernauts of football teams, and if they want to see their hopes come to fruition they'll have to fight for it like they never have before. Of course, Bell can't get overconfident, St. X and Belfry can tell you what happens when you do that...

Edit:
EagleBoom Wrote:Breathitt has as good a shot if they come out fired up.

Yes they do. They surprised the heck out of us last night, and even though they'll more than have their hands full, I still think they have a chance. Any team with a man like Fugate leading the way is ALWAYS going to have a chance.

Next year be sure to let us know who he ends up playing for, assuming of course that he even WANTS to play college football.
Good luck to all 3 in the title games
I think Bell will be the only one to bring home the hardware.
Central can be beaten just like Belfry was beaten. I hope all the teams from the mountains come home with the hardware. I thnk Bell has a heck of a chance to win it all. Breathitt will play even better than they did against Belfry and beat Central.
Sarrr Wrote:While I hope they ALL bring home some trophy, I think Bell has the best shot. Hazard and Breathitt are running into a couple of juggernauts of football teams, and if they want to see their hopes come to fruition they'll have to fight for it like they never have before. Of course, Bell can't get overconfident, St. X and Belfry can tell you what happens when you do that...

Edit:

Yes they do. They surprised the heck out of us last night, and even though they'll more than have their hands full, I still think they have a chance. Any team with a man like Fugate leading the way is ALWAYS going to have a chance.

Next year be sure to let us know who he ends up playing for, assuming of course that he even WANTS to play college football.

Fugate just isnt a huge asset on offense he is a very good defensive player as well! he takes care of business on both sides
i hope everyone continues to keep doubting breathitt, bc they come out and sock you in the mouth when you think like that. just ask belfry
congrats to Bell, Breathitt and Hazard. I am so proud of my colonels. The Birds are for real. Great season Whitley, we lost to the best team in the mtns. and the over all best team in the state.
im pullin for all three...Bell, Breathitt, and Hazard, should represent the mountains well...
redstorm Wrote:congrats to Bell, Breathitt and Hazard. I am so proud of my colonels. The Birds are for real. Great season Whitley, we lost to the best team in the mtns. and the over all best team in the state.

:thumpsup: Well said. I am very happy for the Whitley program and Coach Black on the season they had. He is a class act.
Bell will bring home the title. I sure hope Hazard and Breathitt do as well good luck to all of the teams.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:i hope everyone continues to keep doubting breathitt, bc they come out and sock you in the mouth when you think like that. just ask belfry
It's not doubting them, but the question says who has the best chance of winning. Even if Belfry would have won Bell County would still have got my vote because they have the best shot.
bell has the best chance by far, then hazard. then the bobcats
rough_neck_69 Wrote:yeha the real qustion for all three teams is are they ready to fight for the title!

I know that Bell Co is they have been ready for a long time. This group of seniors have been waiting for this for 3 years and they have worked hard.
Dudley is 2-0 in louisville I think he will have his troops more than ready
I would also like to say go Breathitt & Hazard bring home 3A & 1A titles
Bell have the best chance to bring 4A state title back to the mountains. If Hazard and Breathitt go down there and play like i know they can. The mountains will have 3 titles this year. 1A, 3A, and 4A. Good luck to all 3 teams. It is to bad they all can't play on the same day. I am going to watch Hazard and Breathitt play, i wish i can stay and watch Bell play to. But i have go somewere saturday or i would.
Like to see all three teams bring it home. They all have my support!
I'm pulling for Breathitt but Bell should win it without much difficulty
I'll be shocked if Bell doesn't win, not surprised at whatever Breathitt does, and truly shocked if Hazard wins. Best of luck to all three.
I Well Be There Both Day's And Hope To See Moutain Teams Come And Win Good Luck
FBALL Wrote:I think Bell will be the only one to bring home the hardware.

I agree.
C.Clair Wrote:Central can be beaten just like Belfry was beaten. I hope all the teams from the mountains come home with the hardware. I thnk Bell has a heck of a chance to win it all. Breathitt will play even better than they did against Belfry and beat Central.

If Breathitt can play a spotless game.....and Central comes out and lays an egg like Belfry did.....then the game will be interesting for a half or so. However, Breathitt will have to play the game of their life.....virtually no penalities...absolutely no turnovers.....to have a reasonable chance to win this one.

Unfortunately, I really think Breathitt will discover what Belfry did last year:

You can't replicate their quickness and size. They are extremely physical....and fast to the ball. I will say this....Breathitt may have some luck in the short passing game. However, if you try to just heave it down field....Central's speed will more than make up for their deficiencies.....

The hole key will be if Breathitt can run up the middle and off tackle. It will be very difficult to get outside for any sizeable yardage. Cobble is a beast inside.....

You'll find out Friday.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:If Breathitt can play a spotless game.....and Central comes out and lays an egg like Belfry did.....then the game will be interesting for a half or so. However, Breathitt will have to play the game of their life.....virtually no penalities...absolutely no turnovers.....to have a reasonable chance to win this one.

Unfortunately, I really think Breathitt will discover what Belfry did last year:

You can't replicate their quickness and size. They are extremely physical....and fast to the ball. I will say this....Breathitt may have some luck in the short passing game. However, if you try to just heave it down field....Central's speed will more than make up for their deficiencies.....

The hole key will be if Breathitt can run up the middle and off tackle. It will be very difficult to get outside for any sizeable yardage. Cobble is a beast inside.....

You'll find out Friday.

I believe ridge Wilson plays for them too and they both play on defense.
Mario#1 Wrote:I believe ridge Wilson plays for them too and they both play on defense.

Wilson plays DE....and I think the kid Peterson....Tim Peterson, a junior, plays LB. All three are legitimate D1 players.....both Wilson and Cobble committing to play for UK.

The reason I mention Cobble specifically is he'll have the most impact verses the running game Breathitt wants to execute. If Breathitt struggles to run between the tackles.....it's going to be a long game.