Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 08-09
Thoughts...

Starters?, Key Reserves?, etc.
I think AC will do great this year.
AC really didn't lose much except for Hammonds although they did loose a good coach. They still return their top three players behind behind Hammonds in Logan Crowder, Logan Crowder, as well as Hunter Crowder. So they should have the talent to compete although the point guard spot that Hammonds ran so well could be their downfall this season.

Who will AC start at the point this season?
IMO AC will be at the bottom of the 58th this year, but the 58th is so close that they could end up winning it. It's just too close to call. AC lost their point guard, there shooting guard, and arguably the best coach ever in the 58th district! They do return 3 very good starters, but they had a huge drop off in talent after their first 5 players last year. I just don't see them beating everyone in the 58th the way they have done the last two years.
Good luck to the new coach. He has big shoes to fill. AC was much better than they should have been the last two seasons. I know the kids have alot to do with that, but so did the man instructing those kids. I don't know the new coach at all, but Johnny Martin is a first class coach and person and deserved a better fate.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:AC really didn't lose much except for Hammonds although they did loose a good coach. They still return their top three players behind behind Hammonds in Logan Crowder, Logan Crowder, as well as Hunter Crowder. So they should have the talent to compete although the point guard spot that Hammonds ran so well could be their downfall this season.

Who will AC start at the point this season?

Josh Prater,Logan and Hunter Crowder.
Rumor is that Josh Prater isnt playing? If he does and they can put a good backcourt together I think they will be a very good team.
AC/DC Yet again! They are going to have an awesome team~
If Prater doesn't play, then that would have a devostating effect on AC. How could they possibly win without him?
As if Prater is being sought by many college coaches !!! The team will do just fine with or without Prater.
Josh Prater will play. And they would struggle without him. If they can get some guards to step up (justin jackson, chris stumbo, austin woods, etc.) they should have a good year.
AC will be fine, IMO. They did lose their leading scorer in Aaron Crum, and one of the more underrated point guards in the region last year in Alex Hammonds. Losing Johnny Martin may hurt, but I don't think it will have a lasting effect.
Mark Martin had some great years as the girls' coach, and was a great player while at AC. He returns some key players to build around in Logan/Hunter Crowder, Chris Stumbo, & Josh Prater (I've heard he will play). The cupboard isn't completely bare, and I think Mark Martin will do a great job this season and lead AC to yet another District Championship.
BondJamesBond Wrote:As if Prater is being sought by many college coaches !!! The team will do just fine with or without Prater.

Never said many colleges were looking at him just that losing him would be a huge blow to the rebels. Anytime a team loses a 6'4 Senior whose also a 2 year starter and versital player who can pass, shoot, rebound, and even defend a little, IMO that will hurt! They may be OK with him if they can fill some weak spots, but without him I'd give them no shot at the district. Just my opinion. Personally I hope he plays & think he should.
I think they will have a good solid year in basketball but they have along way to go if they wanna be AC/DC again even if they lose prater they still have hunter and logan and justin jackson and chris stumbo but if they can pull something big together this year it wont surprize me one bit because they always did pull something big together but losing jonny martin and arron collins and alex hammonds and maybe josh prater hurt them big time
allen central will not win over 10 games this year, and definitely wont do anything in the district tournament, they lost both of there leadin scorers from last year and a great leader in alex hammonds, the only reason they got all the good shots is because alex created it for them
The Rebels WILL win over 10 games this year I assure you! If not AC/DC again then they will definitely be runner up in the district. All of the boys are back regardless of the new coaching situation or what any outside socurces may say. They were all at practice today and looking good! Things are looking like another great season for AC!
Allen Central will do really good this year if they can adjust to their new coach.

Good Luck to Coach Mark Martin!
Well i thought they had a shot at another district championship, but josh prater is NOT playing. you can say what you want, but as a former teammate of prater, he is a huge part of that team and hunter and logan played better with him than without him. I hope they still do well, but i just dont see a championship this year without josh. we will find out how they play tomorrow night at 6 at AC against pikeville in the AC panorama.