WRs/TE - Jeremy Bratton
WR/TE - Ian Welch
QB - Dennis Dillon

Losing players on Defense.
Nose - Jeff Woodford
Right Tackle - Casey Brown
Linebacker - Chase Richardson
Free Safety - Ian Welch

I look for the Eagles to go far next year as they return quality backs in Tanner Bratton and Nathan Dillon. J.K. Hall will be under center this year as starting QB, with backup Ross Sanor. Look for Justin Bangudi or Jordan Pelphrey to replace Chase Richardson as RB.

Replacing the offensive line seems to be a chore for this season for Offensive Line Coach Burchett.

Thoughts and Predictions for the season?
It depends on their schedule. Their domination is over I think, too many holes to fill and Ashland, Bryan Station and maybe another district foe will give them all they wan't next season. I don't look for Matney to play a real tough out of district schedule next season for fear of two or three defeats in district next year!!! JMO.
hot wheels Wrote:It depends on their schedule. Their domination is over I think, too many holes to fill and Ashland, Bryan Station and maybe another district foe will give them all they wan't next season. I don't look for Matney to play a real tough out of district schedule next season for fear of two or three defeats in district next year!!! JMO.

Bryan Station is 6A now. Their district opponents will include Woodford Co., Ashland and Montgomery Co. I know JC lost a QB that was seasoned, but with Hall in the backfield and his elusiveness and talent I think the offense can add more to the playbook. I also look for J.J. Jude (who saw some time in the backfield this year as a freshman) to fill the hole for Richardson along with Pelphrey. The offensive line is going to be tough to replace the seniors, but Burchett is an excellent coach and I look for the line to be close to the same. As far as how far they will go, I'm not sure but I definitely think that JC next year will be a little more athletic than this season.
JCHS will be in better shape than what most think. People need to remember that almost everyone in the mountains thought that this would be a rebuilding year for the Eagles. One example for you, Richardson was a great back for JCHS this season but let's take a look back. Two season ago JCHS was suppose to be rebuilding because they lost RB Ron Blume who rushed for over 2,000 yds. his senior year. The next season "BANG" out of the blue Jr. Shawn Grim goes for 2,800 yds. and 40 TD's leading JCHS to the semifinals. Grim ends his career with over 5,000 yds. and 75 TD's. in a region final loss last season. In steps Richardson who rushes for 2,000 yrds.

Don't be fooled, Coach Matney has horses in the stable who will pick up the slack. JCHS will be fine next season and look for the Eagles to put up staggering numbers next season.
OK2NV Wrote:JCHS will be in better shape than what most think. People need to remember that almost everyone in the mountains thought that this would be a rebuilding year for the Eagles. One example for you, Richardson was a great back for JCHS this season but let's take a look back. Two season ago JCHS was suppose to be rebuilding because they lost RB Ron Blume who rushed for over 2,000 yds. his senior year. The next season "BANG" out of the blue Jr. Shawn Grim goes for 2,800 yds. and 40 TD's leading JCHS to the semifinals. Grim ends his career with over 5,000 yds. and 75 TD's. in a region final loss last season. In steps Richardson who rushes for 2,000 yrds.

Don't be fooled, Coach Matney has horses in the stable who will pick up the slack. JCHS will be fine next season and look for the Eagles to put up staggering numbers next season.
I think you are right. A lot of good athletes and good running backs, and I feel somewhat the priors sucesses can be aptly defined as being a product of the system, much as the futures' sucesses will be as well.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Losing players on Offense.
RB - Chase Richardson
Right Guard - Travis Scott
Left Tackle - John Little
WRs/TE - Jeremy Bratton
WR/TE - Ian Welch
QB - Dennis Dillon

Losing players on Defense.
Nose - Jeff Woodford
Linebacker - Chase Richardson
Free Safety - Ian Welch

I look for the Eagles to go far next year as they return quality backs in Tanner Bratton and Nathan Dillon. J.K. Hall will be under center this year as starting QB, with backup Ross Sanor. Look for Justin Bangudi or Jordan Pelphrey to replace Chase Richardson as RB.

Replacing the offensive line seems to be a chore for this season for Offensive Line Coach Burchett.

Thoughts and Predictions for the season?
Don't forget JJ Jude, he will have a big time season!
What about their 8th grade QB. I think his name is Hamilton. I saw them play a few games this year he looked pretty good.
Rim Wrecker Wrote:What about their 8th grade QB. I think his name is Hamilton. I saw them play a few games this year he looked pretty good.
I didn't get a chance to see the Middle School play this year. Is this Hamilton kid a good passer? How fast is he? He will be behind Ross Sanor as starting QB after Hall graduates.
JC was a very good team this year and I expect them to be as good, if not better, next year. Lots of returning talent. Best of luck next year.
I sure was impressed with #5 as a running back against Highlands, he made several big plays as a RB, any chance he is the other RB and someone else is under center? #5, #42, #10 in the wishbone would be pretty strong, IMO.
Let's have some off season fun, project the starters.

OFFENSE

C- Josh Lackey
RG-
LG- Ryan Harlow
RT-
LT-
TE-
WR-
QB- J.K. Hall
FB- Tanner Bratton
RB- Nate Dillon
RB- J.J. Jude

DEFENSE

NG-
DT-
DT-
DE- D.J. Ousley
DE-
MLB- Tanner Bratton
LB- Nate Dillon
LB-
CB- J.K. Hall
CB- J.J. Jude
S-

Who gets added, who gets moved?
Rim Wrecker Wrote:What about their 8th grade QB. I think his name is Hamilton. I saw them play a few games this year he looked pretty good.

You do not win state championships with freshman QBs.
sstack Wrote:You do not win state championships with freshman QBs.

True....but with a couple of years playing freshman and JV should have him ready by the time his junior season. I think RW was referring to the fact that they had some talented kids coming up through the middle school system.
Old School Wrote:True....but with a couple of years playing freshman and JV should have him ready by the time his junior season. I think RW was referring to the fact that they had some talented kids coming up through the middle school system.

That's good,I thought you wanted to start the freshman. I have seen alot of teams outside NKY starting freshmen on their football teams.
Any news on JCHS 09 schedule?? i'd like to see their schedule strengthen a little bit more! although this year they did scrimmage Bell, played Belfry, Breathitt and Hazard. Bell Breathitt and hazard are also playing in the state championship games! so i guess their schedule wasn't too bad at all now that i think about it! any thoughts?
EagleBoom Wrote:Any news on JCHS 09 schedule?? i'd like to see their schedule strengthen a little bit more! although this year they did scrimmage Bell, played Belfry, Breathitt and Hazard. Bell Breathitt and hazard are also playing in the state championship games! so i guess their schedule wasn't too bad at all now that i think about it! any thoughts?

There are still several open dates, but so far it looks like this.

Sheldon Clark
Belfry
Middleboro
Ashland - District
Montgomery Co. - District
Woodford Co. - District
Old School Wrote:There are still several open dates, but so far it looks like this.

Sheldon Clark
Belfry
Middleboro
Ashland - District
Montgomery Co. - District
Woodford Co. - District

I'd say Bryan Station also!
Sheldon clark-Belfry-and Middleboro should be good games!
i was going to ask if belfry was still going to be there..
Station is no longer in our district. Dont think they are gonna be scheduled. Would be nice to keep them, tho.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i hear you may get maryville tn or dobbens bennitt if they will play home and home with you guys, dont know if it will happen,but would like to see it..maryvill has won 74 in a row unless they won today it would of corse be 75 in a row and 5 titles in a row..
cuppett777 Wrote:i hear you may get maryville tn or dobbens bennitt if they will play home and home with you guys, dont know if it will happen,but would like to see it..maryvill has won 74 in a row unless they won today it would of corse be 75 in a row and 5 titles in a row..
I'm pretty sure Maryville was defeated last week . I think they were going for #6 this year.
I think Bell & Central should try to work out their schedule to play. I believe it would be a great game for both programs.
EagleBoom Wrote:I'd say Bryan Station also!
Sheldon clark-Belfry-and Middleboro should be good games!

Bryan Station will be moving to 6A for the 09 season, they could play them as a non-district game.
Bell County 89 Wrote:I think Bell & Central should try to work out their schedule to play. I believe it would be a great game for both programs.

I would like to see them play eachother, it would be a great game
Idk why they would add Middlesboro to there schedule , Middlesboro will be way down next season after losing Hunter Adams.
Bell County 89 Wrote:Idk why they would add Middlesboro to there schedule , Middlesboro will be way down next season after losing Hunter Adams.

I've heard that it's the first game of the season and is part of a WYMT doubleheader.
hot wheels Wrote:It depends on their schedule. Their domination is over I think, too many holes to fill and Ashland, Bryan Station and maybe another district foe will give them all they wan't next season. I don't look for Matney to play a real tough out of district schedule next season for fear of two or three defeats in district next year!!! JMO.

The record indicates JC just keeps on reloading and winning. Look at the great players we have graduated in the past few seasons and we have continued to improve. I think this next years team has the potential to be a great or better team than any previous JC team.
Old School Wrote:Bryan Station will be moving to 6A for the 09 season, they could play them as a non-district game.

oh my bad! i wonder if there are any teams in the region moving up to 5A? any idea?
They should do good next year.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:I sure was impressed with #5 as a running back against Highlands, he made several big plays as a RB, any chance he is the other RB and someone else is under center? #5, #42, #10 in the wishbone would be pretty strong, IMO.

#5 should be the QB. #1 should be the other running back. Explosive backfield!