Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Covington Catholic
27.42%
Johnson Central
72.58%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic @ Johnson Central (5A 2nd Round)
johonson central should win this one.

johnson central-49
covington catholic-21
Eagles 42 - 7
Get em boys........lets get em back for what they done to us in 06!

Pulling for my boys 35-14!
I hope Jc wins, I really dont think the point spread is gonna be that big though.
At the "nest" or wherever, Cov Cath has never been a pushover.
ill take jc .......... 35-13
Johnson Central will win this one 40-21. Cov Cath not like they use to be. Looks like Highlands will have to travel to Johnson county.
Johnson Centrals defense is alot better than it was in the 06 match up. I will take JC.

Johnson Central-39
Cov Catholic-23
BO1988 Wrote:Johnson Centrals defense is alot better than it was in the 06 match up. I will take JC.

Johnson Central-39
Cov Catholic-23

I hate to do this but i have to dissagree with u on this one.......in 06 jc's team evolved around our defense... it was our bread and butter! Big Grin
I agree.. the defense was really good. This years team has to give credit to their offense and o-line. Don't get me wrong, this years defense is good. Fact is when the boys are clicking on at the same time on all cylinders.. IT'S AWESOME....perfect example was the game at Putnam.
I am a JC fan and proud of this years team. This is a no frills smash-mouth team with good speed at the skill positions. We must not kid ourselves and think this game will be easy. CC is a great team and we must bring our "A" game every week from this point on. Just ask Highlands.

I guess predictions are good, but we do not want to give any team we play "dressing room wallpaper" from these sites.
Go JC!
cj2561 Wrote:I am sick of people talking about how good JC is. They are not that good of a team.

hold on a second, i've been quiet for some time now, but ita time to set the record straight. JC is a good team and they have proven that time and again this season. Yeah, they lost to Belfry, and that sent a message to them that they are not unbeatable. Belfry is what i would call a perenial great team. Central lost that game because of questionable coaching decisions, not nessesarily because of any outstanding failure on the player's part.

Central has a lot to prove coming into this game. They have to show all the critics, like yourself, that they do deserve to be top in the nation. I believe that Coach Matney will have his boys ready for Friday night's face-off. I pick JC by at least three TDs.
BuckeyeMania Wrote:hold on a second, i've been quiet for some time now, but ita time to set the record straight. JC is a good team and they have proven that time and again this season. Yeah, they lost to Belfry, and that sent a message to them that they are not unbeatable. Belfry is what i would call a perenial great team. Central lost that game because of questionable coaching decisions, not nessesarily because of any outstanding failure on the player's part.

Central has a lot to prove coming into this game. They have to show all the critics, like yourself, that they do deserve to be top in the nation. I believe that Coach Matney will have his boys ready for Friday night's face-off. I pick JC by at least three TDs.

I do agree with you that JC is a very good football team. The loss to Belfry brings no shame. Belfry is year in, year out, the best team in the mountains. JC also beat a very good Bryan Station team, a very good Breathitt team and a very good Ashland team.
MonsterMan Wrote:I am a JC fan and proud of this years team. This is a no frills smash-mouth team with good speed at the skill positions. We must not kid ourselves and think this game will be easy. CC is a great team and we must bring our "A" game every week from this point on. Just ask Highlands.

I guess predictions are good, but we do not want to give any team we play "dressing room wallpaper" from these sites.

I understand your point, but sincerely doubt that anything said on this or any other site will provide any extra motivation to any team at this point. Its the second round of the playoffs and if the kids and coaches aren't already geeked up to the max in anticipation of the game, then nothing is going to do it.

I've seen CovCath and JC each play at least twice this season and JC will win this game going away unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong because if we win this week, I'd much rather play the 3rd round game in the friendly confines of David Cecil Memorial Stadium than go on a 3.5 bus ride each way to JC.
Johnson Central will roll.
After the loss to Belfry, this could be an interesting game. Cov. Cath. is a good team and JC is also. The schedule Cov. Cath played is much tougher than JC's. Looks to be a good game.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:That's a HAZARD fan that thinks JC sucks lol

Surely you guys aren't concerned about what a guy thinks that cant write a sentence that you can even begin to understand.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Surely you guys aren't concerned about what a guy thinks that cant write a sentence that you can even begin to understand.

Nope...not concerned with that one at all. Scary thing is I understood it :lmao:
Cov Cath is down by their own lofty standards.

They are still athletic and a good team that I think will give JC alot of problems.
Hate to pick against the mountains but Cov. Cath in a close one 24-21.
charlie22 Wrote:I understand your point, but sincerely doubt that anything said on this or any other site will provide any extra motivation to any team at this point. Its the second round of the playoffs and if the kids and coaches aren't already geeked up to the max in anticipation of the game, then nothing is going to do it.

I've seen CovCath and JC each play at least twice this season and JC will win this game going away unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong because if we win this week, I'd much rather play the 3rd round game in the friendly confines of David Cecil Memorial Stadium than go on a 3.5 bus ride each way to JC.

You only have to make the bus ride if you "WIN". Do that first.
Good Luck to the Eagles! I am sure they have some payback they want to hand out for the '06 game. I hope the Eagles get the chance at another regional title next week!!!
cuppett777 Wrote:well can jc get it done again this week? i say they can..go eagles

I'd say, NO
The way I see this game, CC will have to stop three good strong running backs behind a great line, and a first team all state candidate reciever with a QB that is not pretty but can get the ball there. On offense, CC will have to run against a very strong front eight and threw on three outstanding DBs with again a first team all state safety condidate who is second in all time interceptions for the state. Couple that up with the fact that JC is just a bunch of tough "holler kids" with great big hearts. CC will have to overcome all this to win and from what I am hearing this may not be their year.
Never count these teams out. I hope JC gets the win.....but going with CC to win a close one.
Good Luck Eagles! Show CCH just how "holler kids" from Johnsonville can play!
This game could be closer than most are predicting. Covington Catholic and JC have a common opponent on their schedule in Holmes. CC won 42-0 over Holmes and has played a tougher schedule. St X, Highlands, Youngstown Cardinal Mooney, Cincinnati Elder, Beechwood.
I haven't seen Cov. Cath. play this year but JC is going to be pretty tough to beat! GO EAGLES!
Lets go JC. Get a win so you get that shot at Highlands.