Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff Match ups
What are some of the playoff match ups you would love to see this season? Also what is your prediction on this match up?
I would like to see JC make it to the Regional Finals against Highlands. If Johnson Central wins this game, I think it could be a straight shot at the state championship. If Highlands wins, they also have got the championship. Either way this game will be too hard to call thanks to the way both of these teams have played this season. If Johnson Central comes out strong this game could be hard fought and could be won, but come out dull and not mental toughness then this game will indeed be a blowout. This game has potential to be recognized around the whole state.

But as I said above too hard to call.

Either team in a barnburner!
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I would like to see JC make it to the Regional Finals against Highlands. If Johnson Central wins this game, I think it could be a straight shot at the state championship. If Highlands wins, they also have got the championship. Either way this game will be too hard to call thanks to the way both of these teams have played this season. If Johnson Central comes out strong this game could be hard fought and could be won, but come out dull and not mental toughness then this game will indeed be a blowout. This game has potential to be recognized around the whole state.

But as I said above too hard to call.

Either team in a barnburner!

I agree.

Here are some of my match ups I would like to see.

Class A
Raceland vs Hazard
Hazard vs Beechwood
Williamsburg vs Raceland
Class AA
Corbin vs Prestonsburg
Green Co vs Ft Campbell
Corbin vs Green Co
Ft Campbell vs Prestonsburg
Class AAA
Breathitt Co vs Belfry
Harlan Co vs Belfry
Taylor Co vs Breathitt
Class AAAA
Bell vs Boyle Co
Bell vs Lone Oak
Bell vs Franklin-Simpson
Class AAAAA
Johnson Central vs Highlands
Johnson Central vs Whitley Co
Whitley Co vs Highlands
Letcher Central vs Johnson Central
Class AAAAAA
Doesnt really matter its going to be St X vs Trinity anyways.

There are numerous match ups I would like to see in this playoff. I dont think i can really name them all.
Don't Trinity and St. X have to play each other in the playoffs before the final game this year.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Don't Trinity and St. X have to play each other in the playoffs before the final game this year.

Nope St X is district 3 and Trinity is district 5.
bac2369 Wrote:Nope St X is district 3 and Trinity is district 5.

The KHSAA are so hard headed. Two schools that are like what 1 mile away from each other are in different Districts.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:The KHSAA are so hard headed. Two schools that are like what 1 mile away from each other are in different Districts.

KHSAA probably like the money the teams bring in for a big state championship game.
I agree with ya there, because those two teams are the most powerful teams in the state and without a doubt, the state's biggest rivalry, and they usually have players who play at the next level so you never know who might be playing on saturday (and in some cases sunday) for either of these two teams so having them meet later on in the playoffs would probably allow them to make more money and as we all know; money talks.
bac2369 Wrote:Nope St X is district 3 and Trinity is district 5.

St X/Trinity would play in the semi state game this year. All the complaining that the rest of the teams in the state did, the KHSAA decided to rotate the brackets. That means every third year some other team will have the opportunity to get killed in the state championship game vs either X or T. Instead of actually working and building their programs up to the point where they can beat St X or Trinity to get to the state championship game. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best. Just my opinion.
JC vs. Highlands would be awesome!
bac2369 Wrote:I agree.

Here are some of my match ups I would like to see.

Class A
Raceland vs Hazard
Hazard vs Beechwood
Williamsburg vs Raceland
Class AA
Corbin vs Prestonsburg
Green Co vs Ft Campbell
Corbin vs Green Co
Ft Campbell vs Prestonsburg
Class AAA
Breathitt Co vs Belfry
Harlan Co vs Belfry
Taylor Co vs Breathitt
Class AAAA
Bell vs Boyle Co
Bell vs Lone Oak
Bell vs Franklin-Simpson
Class AAAAA
Johnson Central vs Highlands
Johnson Central vs Whitley Co
Whitley Co vs Highlands
Letcher Central vs Johnson Central
Class AAAAAA
Doesnt really matter its going to be St X vs Trinity anyways.

There are numerous match ups I would like to see in this playoff. I dont think i can really name them all.

I agree, I would like to see these games as well. There will be some great playoff games this year!! I can't wait!! :rockon:
squirrel Wrote:JC vs. Highlands would be awesome!

I was just looking at some district scores, and saw JC "vs" Bry Station was a 4 point game. Is Station that good or did JC have a bad game? What can you tell me about Station?
sstack Wrote:I was just looking at some district scores, and saw JC "vs" Bry Station was a 4 point game. Is Station that good or did JC have a bad game? What can you tell me about Station?

Bryan Station is HUGE. They have a good sized DT/FB in the Philon kid who is about 6'4" 270lbs. and runs around a 4.8 or 4.9...just a beast up front and causes havoc for the rushing game. Also, their RB is Tyson Gay's first cousin...quick as a cat. They have a good sized line along with a big TE that can catch well over the middle. The QB is a freshman, but is pretty good for his grade. As for JC, that game they were without their starting QB and the backup fumbled 7 snaps and they lost 4 or 5 of them. Not a pretty game offensively and that may have very well been one of their worse tackling performances on the year.
Do you guys from JC think you can play with Highlands. You're getting ready to see just how good you are. I would like to make a serious wager on this game with someone from JC if they truly believe in what they are saying.
easyM Wrote:Do you guys from JC think you can play with Highlands. You're getting ready to see just how good you are. I would like to make a serious wager on this game with someone from JC if they truly believe in what they are saying.

:dontthink :flame: :flame: :dontthink