Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Powell County
31.82%
Breathitt County
68.18%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. @ Breathitt Co.
NIECE Wrote:Yes, Estill has a tremendous passing attack and so does Harlan Co. We just haven't seen it yet. What kind of statement is that? :confused: I forgot to mention Bath Co's high powered passing offense as well. The teams who have beat you have RUN the ball, that was their style. Yes, the run was stopped against Jackson, Lewis, Fleming and Betsy Layne, but the other 3 do not dwell on the passing game.

Actually, Bath beat Powell through the air. They only scored once on the ground.
F.N.L. Wrote:Blitz 43, We can all appreciate your dedication to the team. You do a GREAT job as manager and you also do a heck of a job keeping those balls dry.
Keep up the good work Blitz! A GREAT manager is hard to get theses days!

Umm, he isn't Powell's manager.
NIECE Wrote:I don't see it for the main reason, competition levels do not match. Don't look for Breathitt to throw the ball much with Haddix out. Channing Fugate rushed for 403 yds at QB last week against LCA who is picked to go to the state by most people in 1A. Powell has not played anyone yet that is close to LCA other than Estill. Before you start I am not being negative, just stating facts. I would like to see the kids get a great upset, always pull for the underdog!

Hey, I wasn't gonna say you was negative! I don't wanna get this thread closed, lol. But, I'm just saying, anyone can win on any given night. If Breathitt goes in with big heads, they will lose. And if Powell plays some amazing ball, which they are capable of doing, they can win this game. Don't ge me wrong, Breathitt is one heck of a team. But Powell isn't gonna get scared because of what county they are from or what they wear on their jersies. They will come out and put up a fight. Never count out someone that wants a win this bad. And believe me when I say this, Powel will be ready. They will make a game out of this.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Umm, he isn't Powell's manager.

I thought he was manger to. Saw him at a home game drying balls on sideline. Just what I thought.
Jose'Tiller Wrote:I thought he was manger to. Saw him at a home game drying balls on sideline. Just what I thought.

Nah. I'm pretty sure he is more than just a manager. But back on topic before this thread gets closed.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Nah. I'm pretty sure he is more than just a manager. But back on topic before this thread gets closed.

If you're talking about the dark headed guy, I thought he was a manager too. I noticed him at our last game drying balls. We need someone like that on our team. Hey, think he'll send a resume? Smile
Powell has improved, but come on....anyone who thinks they are ready to take on (much less embarass) a team with such strength and speed is insane. Powell Co. has improved but has a long way to go. I think there's a need for bit more discipline. Seems common for them have unsportsmanlike conduct calls...especially from #1. I have heard there are issues among the players blaming each other when something goes wrong. There is potential there, but needs to be more team effort in place and harder work ethic before they see the level of skill that some other teams demonstrate. :mad:
With Haddix out. That young QB (he look better the Jade Haddix does). They wont play him because he is a FR. But Breathitt will run over Powell Co. Breathitt let it be a game until halftime. So i wont leave the game.
OldHasBeenOfEstill Wrote:Powell has improved, but come on....anyone who thinks they are ready to take on (much less embarass) a team with such strength and speed is insane. Powell Co. has improved but has a long way to go. I think there's a need for bit more discipline. Seems common for them have unsportsmanlike conduct calls...especially from #1. I have heard there are issues among the players blaming each other when something goes wrong. There is potential there, but needs to be more team effort in place and harder work ethic before they see the level of skill that some other teams demonstrate. :mad:

Noone said that Powell was gonna embarass Breathitt.
F.N.L. Wrote:Blitz 43, We can all appreciate your dedication to the team. You do a GREAT job as manager and you also do a heck of a job keeping those balls dry.
Keep up the good work Blitz! A GREAT manager is hard to get theses days!
I ain't too proud to do the llittle things. I will do what ever this team needs. " I don't quit" cause of a bad year. If I need to tote the water...I will. I recognize your sarcastic tone. It is a familiar one that I have worked with in the past. Also, glad to see you bring back Jose' Tiller. You havn't used that screen name in quite a while. We know you have like 3 or 4 screen names man. Bottom line, I love these kids and want to see them excel in whatever they do. You know what, they will. Just don't quit guys! A Winner never quits, a Quitter never wins!!!
TongueirateSho
Jose'Tiller Wrote:I thought he was manger to. Saw him at a home game drying balls on sideline. Just what I thought.
AHH, glad to see ya back brokeback.
OldHasBeenOfEstill Wrote:If you're talking about the dark headed guy, I thought he was a manager too. I noticed him at our last game drying balls. We need someone like that on our team. Hey, think he'll send a resume? Smile
You noticed the dark headed guy...You left out goodlooking...lol. I doubt he'll send a resume'. He loves PCHS football too much. Plus, who would they get to drive the gray ghost next yr. Just for old times sake, come on over and ride with me in the van. It will be like old times. You know, you complaining the whole trip. I'll tell you, it reminds me of an old Cinderella song:"You Don't Know What You Got Til it's Gone". I hope you can find some peace in your life. If you need me, I'll just be walking the sidelines handing out water-bottles, drying off gameballs, taping ankles, or just doing whatever is needed....Peace!
Powell is a very good and young team, they are very good this year... Noone should underate them, they can play some football... Everyone says Breathitt will win just because of their name, who cares about that.. Yea they are a good football team but Powell is as well... I look for Powell to pull an upset in this one 24 21
I am truly confused.............
I have no earthly ideal as to what you are referring to.......
I only assumed you were the manager and that you were doing a good job.
No offense meant!
F.N.L. Wrote:I am truly confused.............
I have no earthly ideal as to what you are referring to.......
I only assumed you were the manager and that you were doing a good job.
No offense meant!

Why in the world would you even care. This is a Breathitt v/s Powell Thread. Get off of it. Don't be silly. I know who you are and a bunch more does too. Go Pirates. Nobody, except the ones in the locker room and a few fans, expect you to win. You have nothing to lose. Come out with guns a blazin'. Lay it all out. DO NOT hold anything back.
wow i havent heard a guy say silly before...............
blitz43 Wrote:Why in the world would you even care. This is a Breathitt v/s Powell Thread. Get off of it. Don't be silly. I know who you are and a bunch more does too. Go Pirates. Nobody, except the ones in the locker room and a few fans, expect you to win. You have nothing to lose. Come out with guns a blazin'. Lay it all out. DO NOT hold anything back.

I bet you don't!
youcantseeme85 Wrote:Powell is a very good and young team, they are very good this year... Noone should underate them, they can play some football... Everyone says Breathitt will win just because of their name, who cares about that.. Yea they are a good football team but Powell is as well... I look for Powell to pull an upset in this one 24 21

Keep puttin' wood on the fire! Cool
blitz43 Wrote:AHH, glad to see ya back brokeback.

I assume you are talking to me? How many computers you think I own? I liked the part about the Gray ghost, not very comfy but better than the bus. Not sure who these peeps are, rest assured not me. Gongrats on the season. Too bad I couldn't afford to do it for free anymore gas prices and copenhagen drain the pocket plus having outpatient surguries every month, bunch of good kids over there. I wondered who was taping this year, I know it about wore me out last year. Best of luck rest of the season! I would love to see an upset Friday, always pull for the underdog!
NIECE Wrote:I assume you are talking to me? How many computers you think I own? I liked the part about the Gray ghost, not very comfy but better than the bus. Not sure who these peeps are, rest assured not me. Gongrats on the season. Too bad I couldn't afford to do it for free anymore gas prices and copenhagen drain the pocket plus having outpatient surguries every month, bunch of good kids over there. I wondered who was taping this year, I know it about wore me out last year. Best of luck rest of the season! I would love to see an upset Friday, always pull for the underdog!
Ha,Ha, I liked the part about the copenhagen. Did you have to look at the can to spell that? I had to look at your post to spell it...lol
If it ain't you, sorry. If it is, You could log off of one screen name and onto another one very easily. I try and get out of driving that "Death Wagon" every chance I can. I have drove it 7x this year counting JV. I dread it each and every time.
The Pirates have a big challenge this Fri. I think we can do it. We simply have to score more than them....LOL
sc06cheer Wrote:no one is saying that Powell doesn't have the right attitude, its good that they're going into the game with their heads high, anything is possible, you are correct. BUT I'm sorry, this is Breathitt County... even if their starting QB is out, he was out last week for most of the game and Fugate was still amazing, I just don't see it happening this year...sorry.

Wow you say that like they are the bears or something, i mean really give us a chance, see what we can do. Only time will tell.
blitz43 Wrote:Ha,Ha, I liked the part about the copenhagen. Did you have to look at the can to spell that? I had to look at your post to spell it...lol
If it ain't you, sorry. If it is, You could log off of one screen name and onto another one very easily. I try and get out of driving that "Death Wagon" every chance I can. I have drove it 7x this year counting JV. I dread it each and every time.
The Pirates have a big challenge this Fri. I think we can do it. We simply have to score more than them....LOL

Previous posts were about how you will do ANYTHING that PCHS needs. Sounds to me like you are complaining about your role now- I mean, counting the times you drove and such. Which is it? Will you do ANYTHING or not? LOL
BAMA#1 Wrote:wow i havent heard a guy say silly before...............

Oh you silly! LOL Smile
blitz43 Wrote:Why in the world would you even care. This is a Breathitt v/s Powell Thread. Get off of it. Don't be silly. I know who you are and a bunch more does too. Go Pirates. Nobody, except the ones in the locker room and a few fans, expect you to win. You have nothing to lose. Come out with guns a blazin'. Lay it all out. DO NOT hold anything back.

I don't think anyone is trying to insult Powell; just saying they are not at the same level as Breathitt. That's all. No offense. Powell definitely has the potential to get there, but not there yet. Big Grin
blitz43 Wrote:AHH, glad to see ya back brokeback.

Are you calling him gay by the brokeback reference? Smile
blitz43 Wrote:You noticed the dark headed guy...You left out goodlooking...lol. I doubt he'll send a resume'. He loves PCHS football too much. Plus, who would they get to drive the gray ghost next yr. Just for old times sake, come on over and ride with me in the van. It will be like old times. You know, you complaining the whole trip. I'll tell you, it reminds me of an old Cinderella song:"You Don't Know What You Got Til it's Gone". I hope you can find some peace in your life. If you need me, I'll just be walking the sidelines handing out water-bottles, drying off gameballs, taping ankles, or just doing whatever is needed....Peace!

Not sure "goodlooking" came to mind, exactly. More like "special". LOL Smile
All jokes aside man, you do a good job with the balls.
OldHasBeenOfEstill Wrote:Oh you silly! LOL Smile

Smile
Powell County wins this one 23-13
Another one bites the dust.

There are several in this thread that REALLY need to grow up.